ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regular absense from UK and a straightforward case

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrdgps357
Newly Registered

Regular absense from UK and a straightforward case

Post by mrdgps357 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:21 pm

Hi All,

I'm an engineer working in offshore on regular rotation 4 weeks OFF 4 weeks ON. My absence from UK makes more than 180 days per year, however, I've never stayed more than 45 days out of UK in one trip. Can I apply in person for ILR as a straightforward case or not?

If the person traveled through any UK airport (in and out same day), will it be considered as a day in UK?

Thanks in advance

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:35 pm

Although it is not a very straight forward case but I can see the discretion being applied in your case. However, you will need strong evidence from the company to mention the nature of the work you do. Also, evidence that you have always been paid in the UK etc

If you travelled on 11th and came back on 12th then the total days away would be zero :)
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

mrdgps357
Newly Registered

Post by mrdgps357 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:20 pm

Yes, I'll get the evidence from company.

The second question was about how to count days when flying via UK, for example: Oslo-London-Zurich

Thanks

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:37 pm

Don't count days in or out. If you fly out Sunday, come back the next day, your absence is zero.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:00 pm

That's what even my post said wpilr!
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

mrdgps357
Newly Registered

Post by mrdgps357 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:07 pm

Many Thanks to everyone

broccoli

Re: Regular absense from UK and a straightforward case

Post by broccoli » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:20 pm

Per year?
as in 900+ days in total during the last 5 years?
mrdgps357 wrote:more than 180 days per year