ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRL success at PEO Croydon on 11/09/2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bsuedv
Newly Registered

IRL success at PEO Croydon on 11/09/2012

Post by bsuedv » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:13 pm

Firstly a big thank you to everyone on this forum which helped me a lot in my preparation. Much appreciated.

Today I got my IRL with my wife at the Croydon PEO and thought its worth sharing the experience.

Background
I was on work permit obtained in 2007 and expiring on the 19/09/2012. My wife joined me as a work permit dependent in the UK in January 2011. My main concern when applying for IRL was if the two year rule applied to her as she has been here for <2 years but thankfully from reading this forum (FAQs and some stories it was clear that under old work permit rules the 2 year rule did not apply but I was still nervous about this).

I have been with one employer and had absences of 175 days

10:00: Arrived for my 10 40 appointment at Croydon PEO
10:00-10:10 Clearing Security check
10:15-10:20: Initial check of the documents and I was asked to proceed to the first floor for payment and was given a token.
10:20-10:45- Making the payment on the first floor, got a bit stress as there was a que here and they were calling out my token number just before biometrics. My wife went to the counter and told the lady there that I was still in the que for the payment and the lady at the counter was helpful and said she is happy to wait.

10:45:10:55-Made the payment, got a payment slip and went to the counter calling out my token, and handed in my passport and application along with pictures. I was then asked to proceed to biometrics on the second floor.

11:00-12:00 I sat outside the biometrics enrolment waiting area and waited but my number was not being called. I noted people even with token number issues after mine were being called. Then it was announced that they were having IT issues and I got worried. I then went inside when one of the booths was empty and told the person sitting there the situation. He asked me to go to one of the counters, knock and tell them. I did that and they sent me back and I requested that they do it manually i.e. without announcing my token. I got these done and then was asked to wait for the CW.

12:00:14:30- This is were things got quite stressful as on one hand there was issue with them receiving biometrics and the other worry I had was that my token number was not called for biometrics so it could happen again. I went to the customer service counter and checked with them and verified that I was on the right floor (I would recommend doing this just to be sure). Again I waited and waited while they announced delays and other tokens even after mine. I went to the customer desk two more times and the third time he noted my number and circled it and said let me check.

Finally at 14:30 my token number was called.

14:30-15:15: The CW called me and asked for my passport and application form. Then she asked to give her the supporting documents and I handed these to her with a covering check list. I also asked her if she wanted photocopies and she said yes. Then she asked me to come back in an hour. I waited and in 10-15 minutes she called me to ask a question on my job experience which I answered. I got a bit worried in the middle when she was showing my passport to her supervisor. Anyways got called at 15:15, she asked me to call my wife as well and then smiled and told us that is has been approved and that we will get the permits within 7 days and that we are free to go.

Everyone was quite friendly and helpful including the customer service counter guy who I bothered about 2-3 times but I was really worried.

Documents list

Folder-A
1) Covering checklist
2) Set O and passports
3) Employer letter
4) Life in the uk (for my wife and myself)
5) 3 months payslip
6) last three months bank statements
7)Cohabitation (2 council tax bills, NHS letter and wife's bank statements (3 months))
8) P60's 5 years
9) Work permit letter
10) Photographs
11) Schedule of absences and visa stamps

Folder-B

Photocopy of the above. I submitted this as well.

Folder-C, this was my backup folder and the only additional important documents I had was my tenancy agreement and bank statements of when my wife's account was opened for further proof of cohabitation. None of these were requested.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

chuba2012
Newly Registered

Post by chuba2012 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:07 pm

Congratulations to you and the wife. I am due to attend my appt in 3 days but I have noticed that you did not mention marriage certificate amongst the documents you gave them. Did they not ask for it?

bsuedv
Newly Registered

Post by bsuedv » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Hello good spot! apologies i missed putting that in the list (blame my 3 hour commute from Croydon!). Yes I included my marriage certificate as well.

anon_uktier1
Newly Registered

Post by anon_uktier1 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:45 pm

Congratulations to you and your wife !

I am planning to apply for my ILR in a couple of months.

Did the caseworker ask for the P60's from you? I was wondering whether they are mandatory or can the payslips and bank statements be submitted instead ?

Cheers.

bsuedv
Newly Registered

Post by bsuedv » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:02 pm

Thanks, no she did not specifically ask for it.

I will request senior members of the forum to respond to your specific question if bank statement and pay slip would be sufficient as I have limited knowledge of P60's but understanding is that it is used to show 5 year in the UK (though could argue payslips and bank statements would show the same). Sorry for the unhelpful response.

anon_uktier1
Newly Registered

Post by anon_uktier1 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:12 pm

Appreciate your prompt response ...

Could any senior members of the forum please answer my query ...

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:43 pm

Bsuedv, congratulations. One question: what and why were you asked about the work experience by CW?

Anon_tier1, if you have all payslips and bank statements, no harm in carrying them. For the peace of your mind you could take your 5 yr P60 as well. If you do not have all the P60, you can ask HMRC to give you your 'Employment History'. However I have not read any experiences where all 5 yr payslips were asked for by CW. And the same about 5 yr banker and 5 yr P60.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:29 am

Hi bsuedv,
Big big Congratulations to you and the wife. You showed NHS letter as a cohab document. I asked my NHS and they request me to give them out line so the can write one that would help my case. Could you please give me out line of the NHS letter that you have got.
Regards

bsuedv
Newly Registered

Post by bsuedv » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:25 am

@wpilr_nov12- Thanks, she basically had a print of the SOC code which I had used in my application (used the accountants 2421). All she asked was what was my job experience on the list given on the print out she was holding. The list had for e.g. in this case Acca part 1, newly qualified or fully qualified with post qualification experience. I pointed and said it was fully qualified with post qualification experience and she said thats fine. I know one of my friends who was also applying yesterday was asked the same.

@arifahmmed, Thanks, on NHS all I did not have a specific letter from them. All I used was a letter sent by NHS when my wife first registered to the GP which had her details including the address thats all.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:04 pm

Thanks bsuedv. We have GP regisreation cards on our names but those are 2009 don't know that cards will help or not.

euphoria1947
Mood:
India

co-habitaion proofs

Post by euphoria1947 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:56 pm

Hi bsuedv,
Congratulations to both of you. Mine is due in few days. Please answer this question that will be great.
When you listed you gave 2 council tax bill, I assume it would have had your wife's name on it. Is this council tax exactly 2 years old or nearly 2 years(1 and half year old).
What I'm trying to get is were they particular about 2 years exactly should be shown? I read in forum people were saying that Case workers are marking year to year proofs for co-habitation.

My case is something like this, Earlier I had no clue about co-habitation, Later when I discovered then I added my wife name to council tax bill only in Mar-2011, So, I've 2 council tax bills but they add up to 1 year 8 months similarly the bank statement. I can get other proofs like letter from GP and tenancy agreement, only these 2 proof shows she has been here for more than 2 years. She has been registered in Electoral service but her name was printed wrongly even after 2 corrections and didn't bother to change it. Recently, I've updated her name correctly again. I've asked letter from electoral but not yet received any response.

Please any one could answer this would be great. Otherwise I may have to repost the same question some time later :p.

-cheers

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:55 am

Hi euphoria1947:
It is not necessary all letters have to be both name on them. Seperate letters on your name and your wifes name will do but should cover two years. Council peoples are helpfull and you could asked your council for a letter stating you and your wife lived together from dates and addresses (they should match with your previous any applications to HO). I am asking everyone for a a GP letter format. I think I will request my gp to give me a letter stating all addresses and corresponding dates.
Regards

bsuedv
Newly Registered

Post by bsuedv » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:44 pm

Hi euphoria1947,

I was in similar case as you, i.e I added my wife in March 2011 so my two bills covered 1 year 8 months. but on old work permit the 2 year rule does not apply. I had no issues with this on my IRL.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:25 am

Congrats!. small clarification , I too came to UK in early 2008,stampled Work permit visa during end of 2007,switched to T1 G during early 2010..And my wife joined me year mid of 2009.I do not have enough docs to show for last years, question is Do I need to have 2 yr cohad docs as per Tier 1 or what is the number of years of cohab ot be shown please clarify.