ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (long residence) reconsideration request successful

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hendrickache
Newly Registered

ILR (long residence) reconsideration request successful

Post by hendrickache » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:58 am

After my initial refusal back last November 2011, I have now been granted ILR under compassionate grounds and Article 8, via a reconsideration.

I had consulted a lawyer about my refusal, and she was confident that as I had good compassionate grounds for my absences exceeding 18 months and I had strong connections and ties to the UK she could get them to reverse the decision, and that she did! I feel like a ton of bricks has been lifted off my shoulder, words could not describe how happy I felt when I heard the news.

My advice is that anyone who doesn't quite meet the criteria do not be without hope. If you have strong ties to the UK and have very good reasons for not meeting the requirements for ILR, the Home Office has right to exercise discretion. Just have to make your case strong, clear and as thorough as possible providing all the evidence you can muster, making sure its as personable as possible.

Good luck and God save the queen!

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Request to reconsider successful - ILR granted!

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:59 pm

Hi,

I know how much happy you are. lots of congrats.

can you please tell us your case in brief and give us your laywers details.

regards,

ryan

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:59 pm

Hi Ryan,

Worth checking hendrickache's previous post....

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#560769

Well done hendrickache! Really pleased for you. I have always maintained that if you have geneuine reason to be away then there is no reason why you wont be granted ILR thru 5 years or 10 years.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:38 pm

Big congratulations to you. You must surely feel a big burden lifted. Enjoy your days ahead.

Is that episode going to affect your BC application, if you do go that route?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

hendrickache
Newly Registered

Post by hendrickache » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:04 pm

Thanks everyone! Very happy days.

Wpilr with regards to naturalization next year I will prob have a problem with regards to absences over the last 5 years, not sure if discretion can be exercised... but I guess I will cross that bridge when I get there.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:23 pm

I thought for BC ... they looked at period AFTER ILR ....no more than 3 months in 12 month .... isn't that the case? ...... i never knew they looked back for 5 years! ... kindly clarify.

tdoubleoni14

Post by tdoubleoni14 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:00 am

Congratulations Hendrickache,

I am in a similar position of applying since nov 2011 and getting refused in June 2012. Asked for a reconsideration but was told that the rules were followed but given right of appeal. Only to appeal, and have the UKBA withdraw the decision the day before the hearing.

It has now been 3 weeks since the decision was withdrawn but not heard a word form the CW. How long did it take from the time they decided to reconsider to when you got your approval. What was the time frame? Are we talking weeks or months? How did your solicitor expedite the reconsideration. I don't have a lawyer so prepared the bundle for appeal and have been contacting all and sundry by myself.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated here....

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:08 pm

hendrickache: I just read your post from last year and I am so glad to hear that you have been granted ILR.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:28 pm

uksettlement wrote:Hi Ryan,

Worth checking hendrickache's previous post....

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#560769

Well done hendrickache! Really pleased for you. I have always maintained that if you have geneuine reason to be away then there is no reason why you wont be granted ILR thru 5 years or 10 years.
thanks UK settlement....

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:29 pm

tdoubleoni14 wrote:Congratulations Hendrickache,

I am in a similar position of applying since nov 2011 and getting refused in June 2012. Asked for a reconsideration but was told that the rules were followed but given right of appeal. Only to appeal, and have the UKBA withdraw the decision the day before the hearing.

It has now been 3 weeks since the decision was withdrawn but not heard a word form the CW. How long did it take from the time they decided to reconsider to when you got your approval. What was the time frame? Are we talking weeks or months? How did your solicitor expedite the reconsideration. I don't have a lawyer so prepared the bundle for appeal and have been contacting all and sundry by myself.

y u rejected please explain you case ....you applied in nov 2011 and they refused you after 8 months ??

tdoubleoni14

Post by tdoubleoni14 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:10 pm

ryan2020 wrote:

y u rejected please explain you case ....you applied in nov 2011 and they refused you after 8 months ??
My app (5yrswork permit)was refused because the HO claimed I didn't meet the specified salary in COP. I argued that there was no appropriate salary or COP for my role but was ignored. My employer letter also stated this. I asked for reconsideration in June but was told the decision was made bad on prevailing rules, which I now know is contrary to UKBA guidelines.

Further argued the case by including it in my appeal bundle, fortunately( I hope), the HO withdrew the appeal the day before but didnt find out until 20mins before te hearing... Since they withdrew it, I was expecting a quick turnaround but that's not been the case. Ive written several times but not one response. I have contacted my MP to try and expedite the case but nothing yet...Everyone just says I should wait...It's easy to say that when you r not in that situation....it's now been 42 weeks since applying via PEO Croydon.

tdoubleoni14

withdrawal

Post by tdoubleoni14 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:23 pm

tdoubleoni14 wrote:
ryan2020 wrote:

My app (5yrswork permit)was refused because the HO claimed I didn't meet the specified salary in COP. I argued that there was no appropriate salary or COP for my role but was ignored. My employer letter also stated this. I asked for reconsideration in June but was told the decision was made bad on prevailing rules, which I now know is contrary to UKBA guidelines.

Further argued the case by including it in my appeal bundle, fortunately( I hope), the HO withdrew the appeal the day before but didnt find out until 20mins before te hearing... Since they withdrew it, I was expecting a quick turnaround but that's not been the case. Ive written several times but not one response. I have contacted my MP to try and expedite the case but nothing yet...Everyone just says I should wait...It's easy to say that when you r not in that situation....it's now been 42 weeks since applying via PEO Croydon.
Any more suggestions on how long it takes the UKBA to reconsider applications, they withdrew themselves, at the appeal stage, just before the hearing...

baber2013
Newly Registered

10 year ilr solicitor

Post by baber2013 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:46 pm

Hi hendrickache,
many congratulations I am in similar position will be applying for 10 year ilr but have been out of the country for more than 18 months and also more than 6 months at a stretch (when my mother was ill) I have been on student visa since 2003 and just got tier 2 in 2012. Could you please let me know the details for your solicitor I have already approached two solicitors but they were very discouraging. It would be very helpful to talk to a solicitor with experience in this area.
Many thanks
babar

muttly
Newly Registered

Post by muttly » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:36 pm

Hi,

I am interested too on the lawyer you used for your application as I attended boarding school during my ten years and was required to return home during my holidays thus exceeding the 540 days.

Thanks

dmpv
Newly Registered

Re: ILR (long residence) reconsideration request successful

Post by dmpv » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:18 pm

Hi hendrickache, I am in exactly the same situation as you. Studied here in a boarding school and university and therefore built up large absences because of holidays, then found a job and now my PSW expires in August 2014. I got refused my ILR because I have 552 days. Could you please specify what grounds/arguments your lawyer used as I am also planning on getting back to them with a reconsideration request?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:03 am

dmpv

hendrickache last post was in Nov 2012. and i believe he didn't log in after that because may be because he is already a BC
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

ohashizume
Newly Registered

Post by ohashizume » Wed May 07, 2014 9:30 am

dmpv wrote:Hi hendrickache, I am in exactly the same situation as you. Studied here in a boarding school and university and therefore built up large absences because of holidays, then found a job and now my PSW expires in August 2014. I got refused my ILR because I have 552 days. Could you please specify what grounds/arguments your lawyer used as I am also planning on getting back to them with a reconsideration request?
I have the exact same problem and I am due to be applying for my ILR in a few weeks. I have collectively over 16 years of residence here but have gone over my my 540 days continuous residence by 32 days. Which law firm have you signed with?

Eri
Newly Registered

Post by Eri » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:20 pm

Hi hendrickache,

I have currently been waiting for a reconsideration decision for about 2-3 months now. could you please advise how long you had to wait for your reconsideration to be successful and did you do anything while waiting to speed up the process? It would really help to get a response from anyone who has an idea about the reconsideration process. Thanks

Odunayo
Newly Registered

Post by Odunayo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:54 am

Hi hendrickache,

Please could you disclose the details of the law firm you used to help with your indefinite leave to remain application,

Thanks,

Odunayo

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:12 am

Odunayo wrote:Hi hendrickache,

Please could you disclose the details of the law firm you used to help with your indefinite leave to remain application,

Thanks,

Odunayo
Kindly refrain from digging up topics from 2012. Members are also NOT permitted to post names of law firms on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.