ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i Maintain Funds In joint account

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vbathineni
Newly Registered

Can i Maintain Funds In joint account

Post by vbathineni » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:32 pm

Hi,

I am on Tier 1 general visa which is going to expire in December 2012 and i am planning to go for extension in November.

Can i maintain funds in the Joint Account (me and my wife are there in the account) and use different account as proof as salary

Thanks
Venkatesh Bathineni

closer1973
Newly Registered

Re: Can i Maintain Funds In joint account

Post by closer1973 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:48 am

vbathineni wrote:Hi,

I am on Tier 1 general visa which is going to expire in December 2012 and i am planning to go for extension in November.

Can i maintain funds in the Joint Account (me and my wife are there in the account) and use different account as proof as salary

Thanks
Venkatesh Bathineni
technically i will say no.....this is because, its a joint account and the assumption is whatever is in is for the two of you hence you using that as a maintenance fund wouldnt really be appropriate, you still have time why dont you transfer money into your own account, that will be safer to be honest cos the HO is really funny about maintenance account, all the best

vbathineni
Newly Registered

Re: Can i Maintain Funds In joint account

Post by vbathineni » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:00 am

closer1973 wrote:
vbathineni wrote:Hi,

Thanks
Venkatesh Bathineni
technically i will say no.....this is because, its a joint account and the assumption is whatever is in is for the two of you hence you using that as a maintenance fund wouldnt really be appropriate, you still have time why dont you transfer money into your own account, that will be safer to be honest cos the HO is really funny about maintenance account, all the best
Thanks for your reply.. I have gone through UKBA site regarding maintaining funds and found that we can use joint account as evidence for available funds.. please have a look at the following link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... intenance/