ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship residence details need

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mskemails
Newly Registered

British citizenship residence details need

Post by mskemails » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:00 am

Hi

I am eligible for British citizenship and I just moved to the new property, I am planning to apply now...

Is there any condition/rules regarding the length of residence in the current property? Do I have to live minimum months in the current property before applying ?

(I thought of applying couple of months back from my old address where I lived last 2 years but due to this sudden change I just postponed but now I am confused whether this will be an issue)

Regards
MSK

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Re: British citizenship residence details need

Post by manyaonisland » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:39 am

mskemails wrote:Hi

I am eligible for British citizenship and I just moved to the new property, I am planning to apply now...

Is there any condition/rules regarding the length of residence in the current property? Do I have to live minimum months in the current property before applying ?

(I thought of applying couple of months back from my old address where I lived last 2 years but due to this sudden change I just postponed but now I am confused whether this will be an issue)

Regards
MSK
As you have said that you are eligible for British citizenship I take it that you are meeting the residency requirements in UK and requirement regarding your physical presence in the UK when Home Office receives your application.

If above is true then there is no special requirement about minimum stay at 'current' address while applying. you will have to notify Home Office if you moved to any other address than one you have on your application while the naturalization process is undergoing that is.

Hope this clarifies.
Last edited by manyaonisland on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

mskemails
Newly Registered

Re: British citizenship residence details need

Post by mskemails » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:53 am

manyaonisland wrote:
mskemails wrote:Hi

Regards
MSK
As you have said that you are eligible for British citizenship I take it that you are meeting the residency requirements in UK and requirement regarding your physical presence in the UK when Home Office receives your application.

If above is true then there is no special requirement about minimum stay at 'current' address while applying. you will have to notify Home Office if you moved to any other address than one you have on your application.

Hope this clarifies.
mskemails wrote: yes, I am fully qualified for BC (with the residency requirements in UK and requirement regarding your physical presence in the UK) ..my doubt is with the current resident address only

anyway you have clarified that. Many thanks