ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please review my documents list

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

full nelson
Newly Registered

Please review my documents list

Post by full nelson » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:53 pm

Applying for FLR(HSMP) extension after 1 year initial period. Sending 15 Jan, visa expires on 15 Feb

Common
- 2 recent photographs of myself and my dependents
- Current passports of myself and my dependents
- 2 police registration certificates of myself and my spouse
- A letter from Police Office stating that my child doesn't require registration in police (registration is required in my child's visa in passport)
- My child's birth certificate along with certified translation
- Marriage certificate along with certified translation
- Bank statements showing transactions in my current account covering 3 recent months with salary credits from my employer (evidence of funds)

Income proof
- A letter from my employer saying that they cannot provide P60 because my employment started end of May and therefore doesn't fall into the current financial year
- Pay slips on company letterhead paper covering 8 months (Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan). June payslip also includes salary earned in May (1 week). Pay slips will be newly issued as the original are not on letterhead paper
- Letter from employer with monthly breakdown of my salary on letterhead paper

English proff
- Original IELTS certificate Band 6 Academic level issued in 1999

Questions
- What earnings period to claim if my employment started on 24 May? June to January? As I said, my June salary includes one week in May. Are months enough or I should specify exact days?
- Should I send savings account statement too as an evidence of funds?
- Should I send in bank statements as additional proof of earnings? There are 2 issues with them 1)Jan salary will be transfered to my account on 23 Jan and I will only be able to send my application on 27 Jan - too close to 15 Feb when my visa expires 2)Reference field for the salary credit contains just company name (abbreviated) and no indication that this is salary
- What are exact requirements for letter from employer as proof of earnings apart from monthly breakdown of salary

Many thanks, your help is appreciated

meggles

Post by meggles » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:28 am

i was granted HSMP on 12-Dec-06. i work in the UK, and don't have IT returns. i would show bank statements. mine didn't have my employers name next to my salary direct deposits.

My employer signed the following letter:

HSMP Team
Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP)
Work Permits (UK) HSMP
PO Box 3975
Sheffield
S1 9BL

6-December-2006

Dear HSMP Team,

This letter is to certify that meggleshas been employed by comapny, a UK company since 10-September-2003.

Her total gross salary from 1-December-2005 thru 30-November-2006 was £xxxxxx. This includes her base salary and bonuses.

If you need to contact me regarding this matter, you may contact me via the following methods:

company name
adress
United Kingdom
tel
fax
email

Regards,
my boss

full nelson
Newly Registered

Post by full nelson » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:15 pm

Other opinions?

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:24 pm

i'd be sending in bank statements too.
More = better, if the evidence meets requirements.

It doesn't matter when you apply - so long as they receive the application by 15Feb. You can stay beyond visa expiry and still work until they make a decision. They seem to be taking quite some time to make decisions at the moment anyway, so theres a fair chance you will go beyond LTR date anyway.

My LTR expires tomorrow, and i'm contracting to HMRC and they are cool with me working until decision made...so if a gov dept is ok with it, it should be fine for any other employer. Just show them the statement from Guidance Notes.

Are you going to send in any form of qualifications evidence ? think it will be hard to get to 75 points without it :)

Meggles - was your approved under the pre OR post 5December rules.
i.e. what application form did you apply on?

full nelson
Newly Registered

Post by full nelson » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:51 pm

shockboy2000 wrote:Are you going to send in any form of qualifications evidence ? think it will be hard to get to 75 points without it :)
Indeed, it will be impossible. But I'm going to refer to my previous application where I submitted original degree certificates, so they shoud have copy of it. Of course I will check appropriate checkbox

I think I will wait for the last bank statement and send all of them. Is the absence of salary word in the ref field an issue?

Thanks

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:34 pm

i cant see why it would be - i think ppl have been getting refused as bank statement doesnt show the company name OR the word salary.

mine certainly dont show "salary" on either bank account.

meggles

Post by meggles » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:10 pm

i applied under NEW rules... post 5-Dec-06

my bank account def did not state employer name or salary. the amounts deposited do corespond with my pay slips.

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:55 pm

interesting that other ppl are rejected due to no employer name on bank statement, esp considering you didnt submit tax return either.

can u remember name of caseworker?

how did you get yours back so quickly? i.e. thats a 1 week turnaround. Was it a request for urgent treatment?

full nelson
Newly Registered

Post by full nelson » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:02 pm

please share your experience regarding using bank statements as a proof of earnings and what was printed in the ref field in this thread

I'm going to write an email to work permits on Monday asking what ref field should contain

full nelson
Newly Registered

Post by full nelson » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:12 pm

Please please please share your experience regarding bank statements, what was written in the ref field (company name/salary) and the result of the application!

This is becoming an issue for me

Also do I need to stamp and sign bank statements? Do I need to send saver account statements to prove I can maintain myself in the UK

Thanks

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:17 am

stop stressing about it

if its got company name on transaction - thats all you need. They can see who it came from, and that the amount ties up with your other evidence.

only need to stamp/sign them if they are statements you've printed out online. i.e. for all those people who dont get statements in the post on proper bank letterhead

full nelson
Newly Registered

Post by full nelson » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:21 pm

They do not respond to the email enquiries - just sending damn FAQ list

I called them and asked the question about bank statements

They say it is not needed if I send Wage slips and a Letter from employer. But they need bank statements covering 3 months as a proof of the ability to support myself and my dependents

I'm going to apply tomorrow without bank statements covering 8 months