ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CitationCj2

Post by CitationCj2 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:27 am

Hi All,

I applied in feb 2011 based on Irish spouse.

I rang them back in may this year and they told me my application is awaiting approval from the Minister and hopefully i should be good to go for the next ceremony.
Anyways i havent heard anything back so i rang again.
Now im told that my case needs to be reviewed again because i commitied a traffic offence back in 2003. ( I basically overtook on a white line and got done. Fine was paid and i got penalty points. Thats all)

I dont know what is going on now.

Thanks

samchoopra

Post by samchoopra » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:54 pm

CitationCj2 wrote:Hi All,

I rang them back in may this year and they told me my application is awaiting approval from the Minister and hopefully i should be good to go for the next ceremony.
Now im told that my case needs to be reviewed again because i commitied a traffic offence back in 2003. ( I basically overtook on a white line and got done. Fine was paid and i got penalty points. Thats all)

Thanks
had garda stopped you and issued you an ticket ?because last year minister said that no 1 will be refused on small fines like parking on double yellow line or parking with out ticket etc.but he did not says any thing about penalty points if i am right. :!:

CitationCj2

Post by CitationCj2 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:03 pm

samchoopra wrote:

Thanks
had garda stopped you and issued you an ticket ?because last year minister said that no 1 will be refused on small fines like parking on double yellow line or parking with out ticket etc.but he did not says any thing about penalty points if i am right. :!:
Yes i was stopped and was also issued a summons to go to court which i didnt know anything about it untill the post arrived to my door.
Got penalty points and paid the fine.
Bear in mind this happend nearly 10 years ago, no more offences since then and they are holding me back beacuse of this now.
Quite frustrating

samchoopra

Post by samchoopra » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:17 pm

CitationCj2 wrote:
samchoopra wrote:

Thanks
Yes i was stopped and was also issued a summons to go to court which i didnt know anything about it untill the post arrived to my door.
Bear in mind this happend nearly 10 years ago, no more offences since then and they are holding me back beacuse of this now.
Quite frustrating
a little i know a panality point will be removed from the license after a specified time depends on the nature of penalty point so will not be a serious problem if some 1 cross the white line . big offense is a drink and drive and drive with out nct or road tax etc.review team will have a look on the nature of penalty point.

minniepoe

Post by minniepoe » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:29 pm

CitationCj2 wrote:
samchoopra wrote:

Thanks
Quite frustrating

not too worry if there is a problem with your application you will get a letter in the post informing you of what went wrong and you will be asked to address the issue. you wont get a rejection..

i know someone who had a similar issue and was asked by INIS why it wasnt disclosed in her form and what the outcome of the court case was.

she responded to INIS and within 2 weeks of responding she got approval..

you will get your approval.. so no worries mate

dania

Post by dania » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:10 pm

Thanks
Hi did u mention this offence in ur application form at time of apply ?

reetu012

Post by reetu012 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:28 pm

Hi, couple of months ago i have applied for Irish citizensip based on 5 year residency and i got my acknowledgement letter on last months.

my first one year was on stamp-3 (dependant visa) and there after 3 years was on stamp-1 then i got my stamp-4 based on that my child is irish citizen. I was working since last 5 years and offcourse was working while applying citizenship. But unfortunately few days i lost my job (part time job). I have never get/ availed any kind of social welfare benefit, because my wife is nurse and her income is quite enough to support family. While submitting application i had included my wives payslip, bank statemet, p-60 etc.. with mine to prove that i am self sufficient.

I heard that at some stage DOJ may ask for latest payslip, bank statement, letter from employer etc.., but as i am not working any more i can't give mine again but instead i can give my wives. And offcourse i am not planning to apply for any kind of Social welfare benefit.

Will it be problem for me about citizenship application which are under processing?

Kindly advise somebody

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:31 pm

reetu012 wrote:Hi, couple of months ago i have applied for Irish citizensip based on 5 year residency and i got my acknowledgement letter on last months.

my first one year was on stamp-3 (dependant visa) and there after 3 years was on stamp-1 then i got my stamp-4 based on that my child is irish citizen. I was working since last 5 years and offcourse was working while applying citizenship. But unfortunately few days i lost my job (part time job). I have never get/ availed any kind of social welfare benefit, because my wife is nurse and her income is quite enough to support family. While submitting application i had included my wives payslip, bank statemet, p-60 etc.. with mine to prove that i am self sufficient.

I heard that at some stage DOJ may ask for latest payslip, bank statement, letter from employer etc.., but as i am not working any more i can't give mine again but instead i can give my wives. And offcourse i am not planning to apply for any kind of Social welfare benefit.

Will it be problem for me about citizenship application which are under processing?

Kindly advise somebody
Frankly speaking I dont think there should be any problem with your application as long as you keep away from social welfare till your application has been approved.
Not waiting any more

minniepoe

Post by minniepoe » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:40 pm

reetu012 wrote:Hi, couple of months ago i have applied for Irish citizensip based on 5 year residency and i got my acknowledgement letter on last months.

Kindly advise somebody

There wont be any problem because i know people who never worked a day in this country and got their approval for Irish citizenship. Your working or not no longer counts now.. Recently, most of the criteria for granting Irish citizenship have been waived by the minister.

So keep holding hope.. you will get it soon
Last edited by minniepoe on Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CitationCj2

Post by CitationCj2 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:41 pm

dania wrote:

Thanks
Hi did u mention this offence in ur application form at time of apply ?
Hi,

No i didnt mention anything. I cant even remeber now if there was a section there that i could have mentioned something like that.

Bad show i know, but it was such silly thing that got blown out of proportion

minniepoe

Post by minniepoe » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:44 pm

@ CitationCj2

Stop bothering yourself, if there is any problem with your application, you will get a notice in the mail from INIS. wait until you get one.. And i assure you once you are able to respond to the isssue raised in the letter that is if you ever get one, you will get your approval soon...

Just be calm and have faith!!

mhmh
Newly Registered

Post by mhmh » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:17 pm

hi all,

does anybody know when the approval letter sent do they mention in it the date of the cermony or just that they have approved ur case ??

afaq007
Newly Registered

CITIZENSHIP APPROVAL

Post by afaq007 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:57 pm

I GOT MY APPROVAL ON 7TH SEPT LAST FRIDAY WAINTING 5 YEARS APPLIED IN OCT 07 GOING FOR CEREMONY ON 15TH OCT 2012 @ 9:35 AM STILL WAITING APPROVAL FOR MY WIFE APPLY TOGETHER BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE STILL WAITING

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:09 am

5 years waiting time to long ,totally injustice & unfair ,spent 5 years of life in limbo :(
No one responsible.how sad it is.[/b]

afaq007
Newly Registered

Post by afaq007 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:32 am

ANYONE WHO GOT APPROVAL LETTER FOR CEREMONY 15TH OCT FOR SECOND BATCH AND SO ON PLEASE SHARE SO FAR PEOPLES I KNOW THEY ARE FROM IST BATCH OF PEOPLE FOR CEREMONY OATH

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:12 am

I just cannot understand what sick psychological game the INIS are trying to play with the applicants by sending out letters for the 1st ceremony for the 15th oct in which they have approved applications submitted in JAN 2012 and making the other applicants who have applied earlier jump in hope and anxiety...

Seriously they should stop messing with minds and lives of the applicants and just send out all the letters in one go atlest others will not just keep waiting for the post everyday !!!
Not waiting any more

eskaybee
Newly Registered

Post by eskaybee » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:59 pm

Thanks
In one of my friends' case, he commited a traffic offence of speeding and ticket issued. He missed it as he changed the address and didn't know about it. Subsequently warrant was issued, he had to appear in court and pay fine etc.. He mentined this in his application, probably as an additional note. The decision on his application was delayed, compared to his fellow applicants. But, the point is he still got it! So, your case is far lesser complicated and straight frward. The decision will be positive. Stay cool :)

CitationCj2

Post by CitationCj2 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:25 am

eskaybee wrote:

Thanks
In one of my friends' case, he commited a traffic offence of speeding and ticket issued. He missed it as he changed the address and didn't know about it. Subsequently warrant was issued, he had to appear in court and pay fine etc.. He mentined this in his application, probably as an additional note. The decision on his application was delayed, compared to his fellow applicants. But, the point is he still got it! So, your case is far lesser complicated and straight frward. The decision will be positive. Stay cool :)
Thanks. This makes me feel better!

CitationCj2

Re: CITIZENSHIP APPROVAL

Post by CitationCj2 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:27 am

afaq007 wrote:I GOT MY APPROVAL ON 7TH SEPT LAST FRIDAY WAINTING 5 YEARS APPLIED IN OCT 07 GOING FOR CEREMONY ON 15TH OCT 2012 @ 9:35 AM STILL WAITING APPROVAL FOR MY WIFE APPLY TOGETHER BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE STILL WAITING
Delighted for you now. The waiting game is over. Hope your wife gets it too.
As to per 5 year waiting, have you been notified regards all this delay, as to what caused it, etc?

Regards

afaq007
Newly Registered

Post by afaq007 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:12 pm

no everytime when i rang them they said they are waiting for outside agencies report except this there was no other reason for 5 year delay

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:51 am

Anyone who had been to citizenship ceremony, are they very strick to 1 guest policy or we can bring more than 1 guest? thanks

nedret
BANNED

Post by nedret » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:45 am

one of my mate got an approval based in irish wife after 45 months waiting.

Soco

Post by Soco » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:07 am

waiting2beirish wrote:I just cannot understand what sick psychological game the INIS are trying to play with the applicants by sending out letters for the 1st ceremony for the 15th oct in which they have approved applications submitted in JAN 2012 and making the other applicants who have applied earlier jump in hope and anxiety...

Seriously they should stop messing with minds and lives of the applicants and just send out all the letters in one go atlest others will not just keep waiting for the post everyday !!!
Hi
I think the person who applied in Jan 2012 and his application approved recently has an Irish spouse it’s not depend on 5 years work statues?!!!!!!

As far as I know Irish spouse can get approval 5-11 months or could take longer as well!!!!

Wish best of luck to people waiting including me
:roll:

assbc

Post by assbc » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:29 am

The ship is continue to move again, one of my friend got an approval this morning, Applied October 2011 base on 5 yrs resident.

olohimah
Newly Registered

invitation for 0ct 15 ceremony

Post by olohimah » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:03 am

assbc wrote:The ship is continue to move again, one of my friend got an approval this morning, Applied October 2011 base on 5 yrs resident.

Good news , do they give him invitation for october 15 ceremony.pls and him