ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unrestricted Cos

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sha23

Re: Status

Post by sha23 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:09 am

ska.omer wrote:
sha23 wrote: hi ska.omer,

can u pls post when was it applied first time(month and date ) and receipt of the same last time date/month.
Also how does ukba communicate it to the sponsor?(as in mail/sms system or hard copy letter?)
For the first time it was applied in the first week of april. We got it on 27th of april. They sent email to the assigned person that they have allocated a cos. Then the HR checked in in sms and found that the cos allocated. I think it will be the same process again.

It is a painful waiting...so please if you receive the cos before me please let me know.

Thanks.
thanks. I shall keep u informed. yes indeed its a painful wait for no fault of u and me!

sha23

Post by sha23 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:24 am

ska.omer wrote:I have now been waiting for 11 weeks. My employers applied on 20th june....First time it came in less than 3 weeks....now I don't know when it will come....
hi,
did u r employer send any email asking for urgent treatment or asking for status update? any news on allocaiton of ur unrestricted cos?

ska.omer
Newly Registered

Post by ska.omer » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:01 pm

sha23 wrote: hi,
did u r employer send any email asking for urgent treatment or asking for status update? any news on allocaiton of ur unrestricted cos?
Hi,
Urgent treatment will only be considered if the visa going to expire in 4 weeks. I have still 3 months left with my visa. so urgent treatment is not possible in my case. My employer called them but they said they have got backlog and trying to clear it. They couldnt give any approximate date.

What is the response you are getting from them? Did you apply for urgent treatment?

sha23

Post by sha23 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:37 am

ska.omer wrote:
Hi,
Urgent treatment will only be considered if the visa going to expire in 4 weeks. I have still 3 months left with my visa. so urgent treatment is not possible in my case. My employer called them but they said they have got backlog and trying to clear it. They couldnt give any approximate date.

What is the response you are getting from them? Did you apply for urgent treatment?
not applied for urgent treatment. the last time u posted u said 3 months or so for it...but i dont think ukba explicity says that timeline...they only say considerable time for the same.

wonder why such a torture....so hard on people like u and me

sha23

Post by sha23 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:28 am

ska.omer wrote:
Hi,

any more news from ukba on unrestricted cos ? please requesting anybody else in similar situation to please post in case ur reading this thread...so that we have an idea...

sha23

Status on Unrestricted Cos

Post by sha23 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:22 am

Hi All,

After going through various threads on this forums, I could gather that paart from myself, amongst the one who have posted,

sakar
ska.omer
funky22
logix88

are in similar siuation in application for unrestricted cos with various timelines...requesting them alll to regularly post their updates here.

Also @ ska.omer, just wanted to know what is the role of the solicitor in application process of an unrestricted cos, since its done through SMS of the employer...could you please explain it. Is it only advisory role?

ska.omer
Newly Registered

Re: Status on Unrestricted Cos

Post by ska.omer » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:07 pm

sha23 wrote:Hi All,
Also @ ska.omer, just wanted to know what is the role of the solicitor in application process of an unrestricted cos, since its done through SMS of the employer...could you please explain it. Is it only advisory role?
I am not sure about the role of solicitor as my employer did not go through solicitor for applying process.

logix88
Newly Registered

Re: Status on Unrestricted Cos

Post by logix88 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:07 pm

sha23 wrote:Hi All,

After going through various threads on this forums, I could gather that paart from myself, amongst the one who have posted,

sakar
ska.omer
funky22
logix88

are in similar siuation in application for unrestricted cos with various timelines...requesting them alll to regularly post their updates here.

Looking around and from what I hear, they only prioritise the allocation if your visa is going to expire in the next 2 weeks.

In all other cases, they don't seem to have any strict time limit. You get when you get it. In my case, I only have another 2 months left on my visa - I am hoping to avoid taking this down to the last 2 weeks as it doesn't give me too much time but if that's what it comes to then there is nothing else we can do.

logix88
Newly Registered

Post by logix88 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:10 pm

Btw, do employers have a dedicated support line they can ring and possibly speak to the case worker? If so, any idea what it is?

sha23

helpline

Post by sha23 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:20 pm

logix88 wrote:Btw, do employers have a dedicated support line they can ring and possibly speak to the case worker? If so, any idea what it is?
thank for posting information from ur side. there is only one helpline. I dont think employer can directly talk to case worker handling the case. there are customer service executives who can be spoken to though who can tell u details if the person listed on the application calls up at 0300 123 4699.

Drew2012
Newly Registered

Re: helpline

Post by Drew2012 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:04 pm

sha23 wrote:
logix88 wrote:Btw, do employers have a dedicated support line they can ring and possibly speak to the case worker? If so, any idea what it is?
thank for posting information from ur side. there is only one helpline. I dont think employer can directly talk to case worker handling the case. there are customer service executives who can be spoken to though who can tell u details if the person listed on the application calls up at 0300 123 4699.

Hello sha23 - Can the applicant use this number to call or should only the HR of the company use this number to call ??

sha23

Post by sha23 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:24 pm

Drew2012 wrote:
sha23 wrote:

Hello sha23 - Can the applicant use this number to call or should only the HR of the company use this number to call ??
u may call, but the customer service officer would not pass on specific information about your application to you unless you are listed on the application as key personnel or person who needs to be contacted.

So its better u ask your employer to call, so that specific information can be sought

@Drew2012:- can u pls also post the date of application of ur unrestricted cos and time line if u have received it...
Last edited by sha23 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drew2012
Newly Registered

Post by Drew2012 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:27 pm

sha23 wrote:
Drew2012 wrote:
sha23 wrote:

u may call, but the customer service officer would not pass on specific information about your application to you unless you are listed on the application as key personnel or person who needs to be contacted.

So its better u ask your employer to call, so that specific information can be sought
Thanks for the quick reply ! Thing is I have not yet sent in my application, as my employer has not yet received the COS (the SMS shows 4 available, but we are not able to issue any COS).

My employer called the home office yesterday, but I just wanted to see if i could get some information to verify that our request for a UnRis-COS has gone through.

sha23

Post by sha23 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:31 pm

Drew2012 wrote:
sha23 wrote:
Drew2012 wrote:
sha23 wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply ! Thing is I have not yet sent in my application, as my employer has not yet received the COS (the SMS shows 4 available, but we are not able to issue any COS).

My employer called the home office yesterday, but I just wanted to see if i could get some information to verify that our request for a UnRis-COS has gone through.
Arent u contracdicting urself why would u need to apply if u have 4 in the system already!! It can be issued at the earliest to u by your employee...

Drew2012
Newly Registered

Post by Drew2012 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:36 pm

sha23 wrote:
Drew2012 wrote:
sha23 wrote:
Drew2012 wrote:

Arent u contracdicting urself why would u need to apply if u have 4 in the system already!! It can be issued at the earliest to u by your employee...
Yes - I had the same initial confusion myself. It shows 4 available, 0 used so far. But when we tried to issue it, it just didn't go through. We keep getting an error that says that 'This employee may already still have a COS.'

The HR says he was told that they are not able to issue the COS - meaning once the form is filled out, the last button is greyed out (inactive).

sha23

Post by sha23 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:20 pm

Drew2012 wrote:
sha23 wrote:
Drew2012 wrote:
sha23 wrote:

Yes - I had the same initial confusion myself. It shows 4 available, 0 used so far. But when we tried to issue it, it just didn't go through. We keep getting an error that says that 'This employee may already still have a COS.'

The HR says he was told that they are not able to issue the COS - meaning once the form is filled out, the last button is greyed out (inactive).
please ask you HR to call the Helpline at 0300 123 4699 or alternatively drop an email explaining the problem to UKBA. They should give you a solution for it.

sha23

any news for anyone

Post by sha23 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:02 am

Hi All,

Any news on Unrestricted Cos to anyone here on the forum, please post if u reading this message with timelines....

SHILPA123

Post by SHILPA123 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:40 pm

Hello,

I am changing employer within UK and need an unrestricted COS. My new employers will apply for the COS next week i.e 1/10/2012. However, my RMLT expires on 25/10/2012. Will I be able to get a COS in time?

If my COS comes after 25/10/2012. What does my employer need to do?

Regards

ska.omer
Newly Registered

Post by ska.omer » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:04 pm

SHILPA123 wrote:Hello,

I am changing employer within UK and need an unrestricted COS. My new employers will apply for the COS next week i.e 1/10/2012. However, my RMLT expires on 25/10/2012. Will I be able to get a COS in time?

Regards
I doubt that you will get your COS in time. I have been waiting for it more than 3 months. I would suggest you to apply for urgent treatment.

SHILPA123

Post by SHILPA123 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:28 pm

thanks...does that mean the COS needs to be applied for before 25/10/2012 or it needs to be issued before 25/10/2012

regards
shilpa

sha23

Post by sha23 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:30 pm

ska.omer wrote:

Regards
I doubt that you will get your COS in time. I have been waiting for it more than 3 months. I would suggest you to apply for urgent treatment.
david on the forum also waited for 12 weeks, and hs employer mailed them saying they have waited 12 weeks for it and they need t apply now....in turn he got his cos. would u want to try it for urself through your employer?

@ska.omer@logix@funky22:- Anyupdates from ur employer on unrestricted cos grants? or any news from UKBA on it?>will they take eternity to sanction it?

ska.omer
Newly Registered

Post by ska.omer » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:04 am

sha23 wrote:
ska.omer wrote:

Regards
david on the forum also waited for 12 weeks, and hs employer mailed them saying they have waited 12 weeks for it and they need t apply now....in turn he got his cos. would u want to try it for urself through your employer?

@ska.omer@logix@funky22:- Anyupdates from ur employer on unrestricted cos grants? or any news from UKBA on it?>will they take eternity to sanction it?
Hi,
There is no update. My employer seems not interested to call them any more as it is always the same reply. "They have got a backlog and we can apply for urgent cos if visa is about to expire. "

If you guys getting any different kind of response or any other way that can help me to get the cos early please let me know. Long 3 months I have been waiting, I am now loosing my hope.

Thanks.

sha23

query...

Post by sha23 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:16 am

ska.omer wrote:
sha23 wrote:
ska.omer wrote:

Regards

Hi,
There is no update. My employer seems not interested to call them any more as it is always the same reply. "They have got a backlog and we can apply for urgent cos if visa is about to expire. "

If you guys getting any different kind of response or any other way that can help me to get the cos early please let me know. Long 3 months I have been waiting, I am now loosing my hope.

Thanks.
Hello Moderators/Gurus on the Forum,

Please advise what can be done in the case of application for unrestricted Cos with many of us in the forum are in a dilemma and the wait is taking huge toll on us?
await any practical solutions on the same...

Ross123
Newly Registered

Post by Ross123 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:32 pm

Hello everyone. Please help with advises and your opinions to my questions.
I am right now switching from Post-Study Work visa to General Tier 2 (sponsorship visa).

My organization is getting a license first time and my organization applied to it in June. I know that after getting the license then my organization has to assign the Certificate to me (online). So my question is, how long will it take to assign me a certificate? How long is it generally takes for my organization to get that certificate-number for me?

Thanks!

WaitingontheUKBA

Post by WaitingontheUKBA » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:27 pm

Ross123 quite a few people on this forum are facing major delays in their COS approval. My company applied back in Mid may and the UKBA has not even started processing it yet.