ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR granted @Solihull... Wording of ILR grant letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hsmp0804

ILR granted @Solihull... Wording of ILR grant letter

Post by hsmp0804 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:53 pm

Hi All,
Got my + 1 dependent ILR approved on 13th Spet @Solihull. Thanks all for you support.

Here's how it happened.
Had got 10.15 am, got my token called at 10.45 am. Case was a nice polite lady. She asked for passports, form, pay slips, bank statements, Life in UK certificate n cohabitation proofs. She only kept three cohabitation proofs (one for 2010 11 and 12) and returned rest. She then matched the pay amount with bank statements, made few checks and said she is happy with the docs and she approved the ILR. All this was done in 20 mins. I offered her the photo copies of all the docs and she happily accepted those. Then asked me to pay the fee at the next counter. After paying the fee, waited in waiting roow, and token was called for biometric. Attended biometric process and was told to come back at in 2 hours (at 2.15) to pick the docs. I had got my Biometric card (for Tier 1 second extension) which they kept. 2.00 pm I got the docs and the lady at the security counter said congrats and its been approved. She said I'll get my biometric card in next 7 days.

The confirmation letter says
"Dear mr..
I am returning the enclosed passports and other documents which you provided in support of your application. BRP will be sent to you and your dependents under sepate covers. You should receive your permits within 7 working days"

and more about BRP card.

Surprisingly it doesnt say anywhere that the ILR application has been approved. But the lady who gave me all these docs said that its been approved.

Did anyone else got the similar working letter after ILR from Solihull?
I remember I had seen some different ILR format letter somewhere in the forum. So not sure if the ILR letter differs based on case worker and PEO?

Thanks.

Happy to answer any questions, if anyone have got any doubts.

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:01 pm

Congratulations,

I was wondering if there is any reference number that links to your records with UKBA ... i am asking this because i have an appointment at solihull on 3rd and i have booked a nationality checking service appointment on the 8th and the lady said that the letter from the UKBA would be enough. I am not sure how they would link it to our ILR if there is no reference on the letter.

By the way,

BRP will be sent to you and your dependents under sepate covers. You should receive your permits within 7 working days

This suggest ILR was granted and you would get new BRP in 7 days

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:06 pm

I was wondering if there is any reference number that links to your records with UKBA ... i am asking this because i have an appointment at solihull on 3rd and i have booked a nationality checking service appointment on the 8th and the lady said that the letter from the UKBA would be enough. I am not sure how they would link it to our ILR if there is no reference on the letter.

The ILR grant letter has got the caseId and name on it, no reference number.
But I think that should be enough.

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:09 pm

Did you take copy of cohab docs as well? It would be hard to copy all the letters.

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:14 pm

Mate,
I got my ILR in Solihull few weeks ago and I got the same letter. Nothing clearly stating that you got the ILR! only info on the Card! after 1 working day I go my card saying ILR :D

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:16 pm

Did you take copy of cohab docs as well? It would be hard to copy all the letters.
Yes. Better to take them all. My case worker didnt actually ask me for the copies Only I offered. But she was happy to take it. I think if she had asked, I would have been in difficult possition to say I dont have it, specially as its mentioned in the form to take copies of all the docs u submit.