ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kaise12345
Newly Registered

Financial requirement

Post by Kaise12345 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:22 pm

1-For employees who are employed by a company does it mean that they have to not only reach the 18,600 pound financial requirement but also have a year long documentation of payslips and bank statements, or is 6 months also fine?

2- My wife has a year long documents of payslips and back statements but it does not add up to 18,600, it less. So, my wife is planning to get a second job so we can meet the 18,600 requirement. does this mean we have to wait for at least six months to get the payslips from the second job to be able to apply?

3- Does the job have to be a permanent job in order to qualify towards the financial requirement?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:31 pm

Could you give a little bit more context or situation? What route are you qualifying under?

All the relevant dates, visas etc...
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Kaise12345
Newly Registered

Post by Kaise12345 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:02 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Could you give a little bit more context or situation? What route are you qualifying under?

All the relevant dates, visas etc...

Basically my wife lives in the UK and i live in Somalia. She has a full time job at a school and is trying to sponsor me so i can come and live with her in the UK.

My questions relate to the financial requirement section of the spouse visa application.

1-For my wife to sponsor me does it mean that she has to not only have 18,600 of gross annual income but also have a year/six month long documentation of payslips and bank statements,

2- My wife has a year long documents of payslips and bank statements but it does not add up to 18,600, it is less. So, my wife is planning to get a second job so we can meet the 18,600 requirement. does this mean we have to wait for at least six months to get the payslips from the second job to be able to apply?

3- Does the job have to be a permanent job in order to qualify towards the financial requirement?

If you need more details please ask questions.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:06 pm

Your wife will need to have been earning 18,600 a year for atleast six months to qualify. If she takes on another job to boost her income she will need to have been with that employer for six months.

I don't know if a permanent job is required, the rules do say that a contract is required but does not stipulate if temporary/agency/etc is acceptable.

Kaise12345
Newly Registered

Post by Kaise12345 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:58 am

1-In the financial form they actually ask whether the job my wife has is permanent or temporary. Does it mean they prefer permanent over temporary jobs? Are agency jobs considered temporary or permanent?

2-Do you think it is possible to meet the financial requirement with a combination of my wife's current annual income of 16,000 plus a gross annual income of 4200 pounds i get from properties i own in Somalia? Will UKBA allow us to combine these two sources of income to meet the 18,600 financial requirement?

THANKS SoHopeful. :)

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:59 am

An Agency job would probably be considered temporary.

Yes - you can include property income - providing you can provide all the following:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ndix-fmse/

(Section 10)
(i) Confirmation that the person or the person and their partner jointly own the property for which the rental income is received, through:

(1) The title deeds of the property; or
(2) A mortgage statement.

(ii) Monthly personal bank statements for the 12-month period prior to the date of application showing the rental income was paid into an account in the name of the person or of the person and their partner jointly.
(iii) A rental agreement or contract.
Note you have to show 12 months bank statements - so if it's cash in hand that might be tricky.