ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Case of redundancy

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tier 2 General
Newly Registered

Case of redundancy

Post by Tier 2 General » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:15 pm

Hi there

I am an Indian National and currently on Tier 2 general visa which is valid until April 2015.

Last week I was informed by my current employer that my position is at redundancy risk.If there is no other alternative opportunity available with my current employer then my last day of employment will be 21st October 2012.

I assume that the COS will also expire immediately?

How much time will I get to stay in UK to find another sponsor?

Is there any other visa category that I can apply and continue to stay and work?

Please advise.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Case of redundancy

Post by poper » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:40 pm

Tier 2 General wrote:Hi there

I am an Indian National and currently on Tier 2 general visa which is valid until April 2015.

Last week I was informed by my current employer that my position is at redundancy risk.If there is no other alternative opportunity available with my current employer then my last day of employment will be 21st October 2012.

I assume that the COS will also expire immediately?

How much time will I get to stay in UK to find another sponsor?

Is there any other visa category that I can apply and continue to stay and work?

Please advise.
Hi

Sorry to hear about your state.
There are numerous posts in the forum regarding Tier 2 G switch/redundancy. Suggest you search the forum.

Thanks
Poper