ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Required Documents question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Alcy
Newly Registered

Required Documents question

Post by Alcy » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:21 pm

Hi there,

I am currently in process of applying for a Visa as the civil parter of a British citizen (filling out my VAF4A form and associated documents). I'm from New Zealand. I think I have a pretty good handle on how to go about this and the sorts of information I need to provide to UKBA thanks to the excellent information I have found on this board.

I have one really quick question at the moment - UKBA advises you to provide originals of the applicant's documents, which I am doing, but I would like to know whether they also expect you to provide the copies yourself (so basically the original and a duplicate of everything)?

Once I have all my material together, I'll start posting my process timeline to help others out.

som1984

Post by som1984 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:16 pm

my wife had to hand in a copy of all the files in the case. quite stupid really

Alcy
Newly Registered

Post by Alcy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:53 pm

Thanks som1984. That is ridiculous but oh well.

Did she get them certified or are just straight copies okay?

I would suppose if they have the originals then they could see that the copies are genuine but I don't think you should assume anything when it comes to Visas.

flyguy

Post by flyguy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:12 pm

There is no official requirement to supply duplicates otherwise they would have stated it in the application form.