ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is there hope for NON-EEU families in the UK?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TLCLM
Newly Registered

Is there hope for NON-EEU families in the UK?

Post by TLCLM » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:38 pm

I am a Canadian woman married to a Welsh man. You can read more of our family story here: http://familyimmigrationalliance.wordpr ... nis-story/

In Wales the annual salary is just over 13,000, my husband makes just under 13,000. He is slaving at work only to try to bring his family to join him because of these new immigration rules. Yet if my husband was say Spanish and living in Wales he could bring me over with no financial or housing requirements. Do the people of Britian know that a EEU citizen living in the UK has more human rights than a British born citizen?
Please watch this video, it is made by UFFFL, an organization created to help fight the new immigration requirements to bring your family to the UK.

http://youtu.be/esh1BRQRMws

Good luck to anyone suffering through this heart ache

Choco
Newly Registered

Post by Choco » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:22 pm

Please sign this epetition to hold the government accountable for these rules.

Foreigners from the EU can bring in spouses, parents and extended families without any financial requirements.

Because we are British, we cant bring in our parents at all, and need a minimum income for our spouse. It's just not fair. Please sign this and get as many people as you know to sign this too...we need 100,000 signatures from those resident or citizens of UK, before the government will have to debate this issue in parliament. Let us not continue to be treated I've second class citizens in or own country.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/36798

TLCLM
Newly Registered

Post by TLCLM » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Hi Choco - thank you for the link. I can only hope that everyone that reads these posts will sign the e-petition. My husband and his 3 members of his family have already signed it. There are only 98 signatures so far :(

I think that most people that are not affected by these immigration rules see it as a "good thing" but they do not know that the British citizen have less human rights then an EEU citizen living next door to them or working with them. I think if the average British person knew this they would be furious.

Especially since a British citizen is an EEU citizen. Why is there a "double rule" should the British citizen not get treated the same as the EEU citizen living in the UK? It is just simply crazy to me.

People of Britian know your rights and fight for your human rights and freedoms. Only you can change things, only you have the power to make this right. Currently Cameron and May and their party are trying to get the current charter of human rights removed so they can make "their own" version of the charter of human rights. SCARY!!! Do people living in Britian know this?

Everyone must speak up and sign this petition and talk to your MP's talk to your friends and family and co-workers and tell them they have less rights right now than any EEU citizen living in the UK. We must make it known!!

Choco
Newly Registered

Post by Choco » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:42 pm

TCLM..absolutely. Brits are remaining in ignorance and the government doesn't want them to know that they are slowly getting rid of our rights.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/36798

Thank you to your family for signing it. I can't believe we are only on 98...come in everyone, take us into triple digits....we have a long way to go to 100,000.

Please everyone sign it get your friends, family, colleagues, housemates, the guys at the pub, other parents at your kids school..people in your church, temple, mosque, synagogue, sports club...please also mention this to them do they can sign it too. The quicker we can reach the target the sooner we will stop being second class citizens in our country. Please.