ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application not accepted at PEO Office due to an Issue

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

praveenlondon
Newly Registered

ILR Application not accepted at PEO Office due to an Issue

Post by praveenlondon » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:58 am

Hi

I had been to the Solihull PEO Office on 12 September and I was informed that my ILR application could not be accepted and I was shocked to know about it .

I was on HSMP Visa from 3 October 2007 to 3 October 2009 and applied for my FLR as Tier 1(General) on 1 October 2009 and was provided extension from November 2009 to Nvember 2012.

I was informed that when an application for my FLR which was as Tier 1 (General) was made on 1 October 2009 by the law firm my payment was rejected as there was a mistake in the cheque issued by the Lawyers office and my Visa was returned back to them after a few days .

The law firm reposted my documents on 19 October 2009 and This critical Information was not told to me by the law firm and they resent my application during this time. This was due to the fact that the correspondence happened between home office and my lawyer which I did not know when I went to the PEO office . I was told at the PEO Office that I had no Visa during the time the visa appliucation was returned to my lawyer since the application was no longer with the Home Office and my Visa had expired.

I was told to apply by Post and I was told to make an application after october 6 .I needed to know

1) Did I overstay
2) Reason why my ILR application was not accepted
3) Will I be penalised for no mistake of mine and my ILR rejected.
4) What should I do next
5) Have I done something wrong or did I stay illegally
6) why did they insist that the application is mace by post only after 6th october.

Please do provide me with some sound advice as I do not know waht to do next and has left me very worried

Praveen

nionlight
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Application not accepted at PEO Office due to an Iss

Post by nionlight » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:28 am

praveenlondon wrote:Hi

I had been to the Solihull PEO Office on 12 September and I was informed that my ILR application could not be accepted and I was shocked to know about it .

I was on HSMP Visa from 3 October 2007 to 3 October 2009 and applied for my FLR as Tier 1(General) on 1 October 2009 and was provided extension from November 2009 to Nvember 2012.

I was informed that when an application for my FLR which was as Tier 1 (General) was made on 1 October 2009 by the law firm my payment was rejected as there was a mistake in the cheque issued by the Lawyers office and my Visa was returned back to them after a few days .

The law firm reposted my documents on 19 October 2009 and This critical Information was not told to me by the law firm and they resent my application during this time. This was due to the fact that the correspondence happened between home office and my lawyer which I did not know when I went to the PEO office . I was told at the PEO Office that I had no Visa during the time the visa appliucation was returned to my lawyer since the application was no longer with the Home Office and my Visa had expired.

I was told to apply by Post and I was told to make an application after october 6 .I needed to know

1) Did I overstay
4) What should I do next
6) why did they insist that the application is mace by post only after 6th october.

Please do provide me with some sound advice as I do not know waht to do next and has left me very worried

Praveen
I would suggest to contact any reputed law firm ASAP. Do not listen to their 6th October thing. who knows what kind of trap it is. Contact repurted agency ASAP. It is a serious issue. Also do not forget to complain against your previous law firm if they are oisc registered. They need to be punished and punished hard. The legal firms do not have right to play games with people's life. Dean marshal http://www.still-unclear.co.uk/ is very expert in this type of case contact him asap if you wish.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: ILR Application not accepted at PEO Office due to an Iss

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:19 pm

praveenlondon wrote:Hi

When was that returned back by UKBA/HO? Any accompanying communication/letter, and what was on that letter from UKBA?

1) Did I overstay
4) What should I do next

Praveen
I am guessing the PEO did not take payment or did not check any further.

Also, did they return your application form back to you at the PEO? If so, is there a unique ref no. given on top of page 7? Any entries on bottom of page 14 (for official use only)? What I would be hoping for is that the application was not recorded on the day.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

praveenlondon
Newly Registered

Post by praveenlondon » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:41 pm

When was that returned back by UKBA/HO? Any accompanying communication/letter, and what was on that letter from UKBA?

I do not have the Information regarding what was returned and the documents regarding this as as I have contaected the law frm today and I am to hear from them.

I am guessing the PEO did not take payment or did not check any further.
Yes I did not pay them and looks like no further check was done.

Also, did they return your application form back to you at the PEO? If so, is there a unique ref no. given on top of page 7? Any entries on bottom of page 14 (for official use only)? What I would be hoping for is that the application was not recorded on the day.

I dont think so there is anything mentioned on Page 7 and 14 I will go home and confirm it .

I think the application was not recorded for the day
,How can I confirm this
Do I assume if there is a NO unique ref no. given on top of page 7? Any entries on bottom of page 14 (for official use only)?
then it is not recorded .Please confirm

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:42 pm

I was caught up in the Postal strike in October 09.

My visa was due to expire on 22nd October and my solicitor posted the application on 21st October and luckily, sent me a scan of the envelop with date and stamp on it for next day delivery which was a strike day.

According to him the application will still be classed as 'in time' from the date of postage, as opposed to date of receipt- this is UK immigration policy for this type of application.

My ILR appointment is on 3rd of october and i will keep a print out of his email and scanned envelope with the date just in case!

praveenlondon
Newly Registered

Post by praveenlondon » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:17 pm

Yes the day you post is classed as sent but my Issue is completely different than that of yours

rneeta

Post by rneeta » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:26 pm

Hi there are few cases like yours posted by [b]bigchemist[/b] and others who had been successful through PEO in exactly simiar case with the payment rejection, invalid application. There was a sucess story in solihull also who mentioned that he pesuaded the case worker with all the evideance that he had with him

Regards
Neeta

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:04 pm

Hi praveenlondon: any update?
Thanks