ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA3/4 missing bills, uncomplete proof of residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

barb78
Newly Registered
Italy

EEA3/4 missing bills, uncomplete proof of residence

Post by barb78 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:21 am

Hello,

I'm about to send EEA3 and EEA4 and I've got a dilemma.

I'm Italian, married to a non EEA since 2004 and we both live in the UK since May 2007 (EEA1 an EEA2 was successfully completed in October 2011).

I have been working non stop during the past 5 years and I've got both P60s and employment letter to prove it, I also have the original marriage certificate as proof of relationship.

My husband has been working as well, but there have been a few gaps of a couple of months in between jobs, I will send all his contracts of employment as well, but I think gaps shouldn't matter as long as I have exercised Treaty Rights for 5 years...

My only issue is: I only have a few utility bills/council tax (for both me and my husband) and they don't cover the full 5 years, just a bit here and there. We have bought a flat last year which is registered in both our names and we have mortgage/solicitors letters confirming that, however I believe that is not enough to prove we live here, I guess...

Since I really want my application to be as straightforward as possible, do you think it's a good idea to send bank statements for me and my husband, covering the last 5 years?

Many thanks for your assistance with this,

Barbara

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: EEA3/4 missing bills, uncomplete proof of residence

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:17 pm

barb78 wrote:My only issue is: I only have a few utility bills/council tax (for both me and my husband) and they don't cover the full 5 years, just a bit here and there. We have bought a flat last year which is registered in both our names and we have mortgage/solicitors letters confirming that, however I believe that is not enough to prove we live here, I guess...
You need to prove you live here by exercising EEA treaty rights (given by P60s, by evidence of self-sufficiency, evidence of job search, etc. ) and by keeping your absences below the according thresholds. You do not need to bring evidence for every second of your life here. You can send them one bank statement/bill for each address you have lived at. That should make them happy, but more than that is unnecessary. Evidence that you bought property here is helpful, but not crucial for EEA3, while it will be very beneficial for your AN (if you later want to go that step) as it shows you have "established home, family and a substantial part of your estate" here.
Last edited by Gyfrinachgar on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sum1
- thin ice -

Post by sum1 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:17 pm

Work related documents are probably the best way to demonstrate residence. If the gaps do not exceed more than 6 months you are all fine.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: EEA3/4 missing bills, uncomplete proof of residence

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:53 pm

barb78 wrote: ...I'm Italian, married to a non EEA since 2004 and we both live in the UK since May 2007...

...I have been working non stop during the past 5 years and I've got both P60s and employment letter to prove it, I also have the original marriage certificate as proof of relationship...
With these points, your husband's work is not relevant and you would qualify for PR. If you have joint bank statements demonstrating that were both resident in the UK together then that would be of assistance in my opinion. Do you have council tax demands perhaps (if so, it might be easier to send them, less paper)?

A good covering letter may help organise your application.

barb78
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by barb78 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 pm

Thank you so much for your responses, much appreciated!

We only have joint council tax bills covering the first 2 years, we don't have a joint bank account, which is why I was thinking I should maybe send our bank statements as this would also prove we lived at the same address throughout the 5 years... I know, this load of paper will probably kill half of the amazon forest!

I'm hearing lots of people had their docs sent back as there was always something missing...

Thanks again,

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:16 pm

barb78 wrote:I'm hearing lots of people had their docs sent back as there was always something missing...
Actually, that did happen to me back in the day. They wanted a single piece of paper more (which was reasonable, I guess), but instead of simply asking for it, they sent the whole pack back to me. On the bright side, the EEA3 application is free of charge (short of postage) and if HO refuses it, they will tell you why and what they expect more. Therefore, I would advice to just go for it! If they want any more paperwork, they will tell you about it and you can just try again. Repeat as often as necessary.... ;)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:08 pm

Gyfrinachgar wrote:
barb78 wrote:I'm hearing lots of people had their docs sent back as there was always something missing...
Actually, that did happen to me back in the day. They wanted a single piece of paper more (which was reasonable, I guess), but instead of simply asking for it, they sent the whole pack back to me. On the bright side, the EEA3 application is free of charge (short of postage) and if HO refuses it, they will tell you why and what they expect more. Therefore, I would advice to just go for it! If they want any more paperwork, they will tell you about it and you can just try again. Repeat as often as necessary.... ;)
There are plenty of posters who have said that home office returned their documents to them, but without specific explanation as to what was wrong. Best to get it right first time.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:12 pm

barb78 wrote:Thank you so much for your responses, much appreciated!

We only have joint council tax bills covering the first 2 years, we don't have a joint bank account, which is why I was thinking I should maybe send our bank statements as this would also prove we lived at the same address throughout the 5 years... I know, this load of paper will probably kill half of the amazon forest!

I'm hearing lots of people had their docs sent back as there was always something missing...

Thanks again,
One piece of paper per year will be enough. Council tax bills for first two years, great. Then perhaps, bank statement eg 1/9/10, 1/9/11, 1/9/12 - job done (one for each of you). Alternatively, write to the council asking for copies of the bills you are missing.

I cannot stress enough, write a covering letter explaining in brief how you both qualify and what evidence you are presenting to back up your case.

sum1
- thin ice -

Post by sum1 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:01 am

barb78 wrote:We only have joint council tax bills covering the first 2 years, we don't have a joint bank account, which is why I was thinking I should maybe send our bank statements as this would also prove we lived at the same address throughout the 5 years... I know, this load of paper will probably kill half of the amazon forest!
That's why I suggested to use your husband's work documents because those can typically be presented in a very compact form. If you feel that you have to close gaps you can still throw in a few more documents. BTW, you are not limited by the suggested documents so far. EEA laws allow you to freely choose any sensible document. Also, there is no requirement to have joint documents although it is obviously advantageous to show a common address.

barb78
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by barb78 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:57 pm

Thank you all!

I just sent all the papers, in the end I sent a few bills plus 1 bank statement per year per each of us.
I didn't send my husband's proof of employment as it's not required after all and I have sent all my P60s etc..., I enclosed a cover letter as per your advise and I guess it should all be fine and hopefully not too long, but you never know...so fingers crossed!

Thanks again guys, I'll keep you posted!

Barbara

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:03 pm

Hope it works out well for you.

barb78
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by barb78 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Hello again,

I've received the CoA for my husband (EEA4) about a month after the application, no sign of my EEA3 PR so far.

I know it can take longer than 2.5 months however I'm wondering if I could ring them to ask for my supporting docs to be sent back, just the P60s is what I need. This is because my baby daughter was born a month ago and I would like to apply for a passport for her and to do so I have to give proof that I've been residing in the UK for 5 year prior to her birth, hence the need of the P60s if the PR is not ready yet.

Do you think they can do that? What number can I ring them on?

Many thanks,