ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (O) ILR for Tier 1 (general) after extension

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

paragbalgi
Newly Registered

SET (O) ILR for Tier 1 (general) after extension

Post by paragbalgi » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:38 pm

Hi,

I have been granted Tier 1 (General) in feb 2009 and had to extend the same in Feb 2012. Now I am eligible for ILR using the form SET(O). However, I have a slight confusion in the case of the points for previous earnings as there are two sets of points applicable based rules in place when the visa was granted. this is what it says

"Applications for indefinite leave to remain where an applicant has had leave as a Writer, Composer or Artist, Self-employed lawyer, or as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the Rules in place before 6 April 2010" - one set of points

and

"Applications for indefinite leave to remain where previous leave as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant was granted under the Rules in place on or after 6 April 2010" - second set of points

Any one having similar experience could you please share your experience ??

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:52 pm

The only date that is of any relevance here is the date of application, i.e. - the date on which you applied for either HSMP approval or Tier 1 (General) the very first time (leading to a successful grant of leave with / without an appeal or administrative review).

Accordingly, ascertain which table is relevant for you.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!