ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents needed for a Fresh Passport - naturalised citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

starbuck

Documents needed for a Fresh Passport - naturalised citizen

Post by starbuck » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:35 pm

All,

Can we summarize the docs that are needed to be posted for a fresh passport. This would help me and most of the others so that we can get them out the day after the ceremony.

Thanks
*$

Wisco

Post by Wisco » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:13 pm

Naturalisation certificate (original)
Birth certificate, long form (original)
Civil marriage certificate, if applicable
Photo ID (driving license, student ID, etc) (original or garda certified copy of driving license)
Proof of address, such as bank statement, etc(original)
Proof of name, like ESB bill, payslip, etc (original)- must be different to proof of address
4 photos
Garda certification of application

More info: http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=84782

I found that both my local gardai and post office staff weren't great on knowing what had to be sent for a naturalised citizen's first passport and my application was returned since the post office lady insisted on sending copies of my proof of address, etc, instead of the originals like I suggested. Here's hoping I get mine soon, despite the mix up.

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:06 pm

also to add to that none of the orignals should be laminated they are not accepting laminated copies of any document anymore except previously issued naturalisation certs which came laminated

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:58 am

Wisco wrote:Naturalisation certificate (original)
Birth certificate, long form (original)
Civil marriage certificate, if applicable
Photo ID (driving license, student ID, etc) (original or garda certified copy of driving license)
Proof of address, such as bank statement, etc(original)
Proof of name, like ESB bill, payslip, etc (original)- must be different to proof of address
4 photos
Garda certification of application

More info: http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=84782

I found that both my local gardai and post office staff weren't great on knowing what had to be sent for a naturalised citizen's first passport and my application was returned since the post office lady insisted on sending copies of my proof of address, etc, instead of the originals like I suggested. Here's hoping I get mine soon, despite the mix up.

My owner has the esb and other utilities in his name. I only have a bank statement and credit card bill of mine. Would that work for name proof and proof of residence ?

Also, when they say certified copy of photo id .. example passport, drivers license etc .. does that mean notorized copies ?

thanks
*$

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:11 am

passport has to be orignal

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:14 am

aswadref wrote:passport has to be orignal
in link they said this -->

" additional form of photo-identification; e.g. certified copy of a drivers licence, work ID; student card; social club membership; passport from other country etc. "

any deviation from this ?

Thanks
*$

Wisco

Post by Wisco » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:04 pm

Gardai can certify drivers license copies, think other choices must be originals

xxxtieee

Post by xxxtieee » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:39 pm

Based on my experience in applying for irish passport a few months back:

You do NOT have to send the ORIGINAL passport (of the previous country) for the new Irish passport application.

I sent a copy of all the documents mentioned in the application and the original birth, marriage and naturalization certificate. I did not certify any document (apart from the garda verification of photos and the stamp on the application) but still got my passport issued on time - no delays.

A friend of mine forgot to enclose the birth certificate, and the department sent a prepaid letter back asking for the birth certificate. He sent that across the very next day and he received his passport within 10 days of the ORIGINAL submission! Fantastic!

They accepted e-invoices of UPC for my address proof. No attestation was necessary (unless rules have changed in the past few months)

But again - when applying through passport express - even if you enclose the originals, you will get them back in 10 to 11 days. This is one govt. service that keeps their timelines.
Last edited by xxxtieee on Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-xxxtieee-

Wisco

Post by Wisco » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:46 pm

I think they may have changed the protocol recently as mine got rejected for sending copies of some of those documents. If you're in a rush, I'd say it's safer to send originals.

Naija

Post by Naija » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:02 pm

I applied for passport after 14th of June ceremony which i attended.The passport from your country HAS TO BE ORIGINAL,NOT a photocopy( if you are sending passport.) The procedure has changed recently.ALL documents MUST BE ORIGINAL,whatever you submit.It will even say it on passport application form.So of additional documents,you can submit your passport and statement from bank,if you have it and for third proof,you can submit any letter you got from public of private sector as long as your address and name are on it.In pack i got from citizenship ceremony,it even stated that it can be hospital appointment or wastebin thing.But be sure to send ALL ORIGINALS,NOT photocopy.And dont listen to people who tell you otherwise.This is how current situation stands.Good luck. :)

ehaque
Newly Registered

Post by ehaque » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:50 pm

Is it mandatory to send the passport from my home country as photo ID? Is it okay if I send only my driving license (original)?

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:13 pm

ehaque wrote:Is it mandatory to send the passport from my home country as photo ID? Is it okay if I send only my driving license (original)?
I think its better that u send your passport. thats my personal opinion.

I have posted my application in passport express on Saturday. However i am unable to see the tracking of the same on anpost.ie or dfa.ie website. I am not sure if i am entering the right details.

I am entering the Application BAR CODE as 103********** and i am not getting any results. I also tried the reference number as PX********IE and that also does not seem to work. Any help on this please ??

thanks
*$

sunshine-girl
Newly Registered

Post by sunshine-girl » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:08 pm

[quote="starbuck"][quote="ehaque"]Is it mandatory to send the passport from my home country as photo ID? Is it okay if I send only my driving license (original)?[/quote

Hey all

My local Garda was quite helpful, as i had forgotten to some documents in, she told that the passport office are quite strict now a days and told me to include my country's passport... The post mistress also told me that i may not be getting my passport in the 10 days speculated as there are alot of applications. So we will wait and see.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:52 pm

[quote="starbuck"][quote="ehaque"]Is it mandatory to send the passport from my home country as photo ID? Is it okay if I send only my driving license (original)?[/quote]

I think its better that u send your passport. thats my personal opinion.

I have posted my application in passport express on Saturday. However i am unable to see the tracking of the same on anpost.ie or dfa.ie website. I am not sure if i am entering the right details.

I am entering the Application BAR CODE as 103********** and i am not getting any results. I also tried the reference number as PX********IE and that also does not seem to work. Any help on this please ??

thanks
*$[/quote] because you submit your application on saturday so you cant able to see your details till monday evening. www.passport.ie tracking your application ...........good luck

afaq007
Newly Registered

Post by afaq007 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:04 pm

HI ALL PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE TO APPLY FOR IRISH PASSPORT BUT I DONT HAVE MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE WHAT CAN I DO AS IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE ANY HELP THANKS IN ADVANCE

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:39 am

[quote="afaq007"]HI ALL PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE TO APPLY FOR IRISH PASSPORT BUT I DONT HAVE MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE WHAT CAN I DO AS IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE ANY HELP THANKS IN ADVANCE[/quote

what did you send in lieu of birth cert to INIS citizenship department?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:26 pm

aswadref wrote:also to add to that none of the orignals should be laminated they are not accepting laminated copies of any document anymore except previously issued naturalisation certs which came laminated
What if one or more of your documents are already laminated, such as a birth or marriage certificate? You can't very well un-laminate a document, so what does the passport office expect people to do?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

afaq007
Newly Registered

Post by afaq007 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:19 pm

myimmigrationboards wrote:
afaq007 wrote:HI ALL PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE TO APPLY FOR IRISH PASSPORT BUT I DONT HAVE MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE WHAT CAN I DO AS IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE ANY HELP THANKS IN ADVANCE[/quote

hi i send inis my birth affidavit notrised in my country and they accept it and i got approval but now i am not sure the passport office gonna accept the affidavit or not anybody have any experience getting passport without birth cert

afaq007
Newly Registered

Post by afaq007 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:49 pm

afaq007 wrote:
myimmigrationboards wrote:
afaq007 wrote:HI ALL PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE TO APPLY FOR IRISH PASSPORT BUT I DONT HAVE MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE WHAT CAN I DO AS IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE ANY HELP THANKS IN ADVANCE[/quote

hi i send inis my birth affidavit notrised in my country and they accept it and i got approval but now i am not sure the passport office gonna accept the affidavit or not anybody have any experience getting passport without birth cert

afaq007
Newly Registered

birth affidavit in lieu of birth certificate for passport

Post by afaq007 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:57 pm

hi i need help please as i dont have my birth certificate and is not even possible to get one but my question is this is it possible to apply for fresh irish passport with birth affidavit in lieu of birth cert anybody have any experience regarding this please share thanks when i applied for naturalisation i submit my birth affidavit notrised from my country and they accepted it and i got my approval on 8th of september and going for 15th oct ceremony and after that i have to apply for passport so i need help regarding this thanks in advance

ehaque
Newly Registered

Still Dragging On

Post by ehaque » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:28 pm

Here's my experience so far on getting a new passport:

1. Took oath on 30th August

2. Submitted my Passport application on 31st August via the Passport express service. Submitted the following documents along with the application:

a. Original copy of my birth certificate
b. Original copy of my driving license
c. Credit Card statement (original) for proof of address
d. Phone Bill (original) for proof of name
e. Certificate of Naturalization

3. Passport office received and registered my application on 03/09/2012. I was checking my status on www.passport.ie

4. On the 9th working day (13/09/2012), they finally picked it up for checking

5. On the 12th working day (18/09/2012), they notified me via the website that there is one document missing hence they cannot issue my passport. I was also informed that they have posted a letter which includes a detailed description on why my application was rejected

6. I received the letter on 19/09/2012. It states the following:
You omitted the original long form of your birth certificate (the long form birth certificate includes the details of your parents). Photocopies or Church/Baptismal certificates cannot be accepted. Please submit this.

Now this is bullshit. I submitted my ORIGINAL birth certificate which includes my parents' details including their date of birth and address. I'm not sure what to do now. Should I just send it back with a letter stating that this is my ORIGINAL birth certificate? Or should I get an affidavit from the solicitor and send it along with the birth certificate?

The process of getting the Irish Citizenship must be one of the most irritating experiences of life. On top of that, they don't even have a telephone number where you can contact them.

afaq007
Newly Registered

Re: birth affidavit in lieu of birth certificate for passpo

Post by afaq007 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:18 pm

afaq007 wrote:hi i need help please as i dont have my birth certificate and is not even possible to get one but my question is this is it possible to apply for fresh irish passport with birth affidavit in lieu of birth cert anybody have any experience regarding this please share thanks when i applied for naturalisation i submit my birth affidavit notrised from my country and they accepted it and i got my approval on 8th of september and going for 15th oct ceremony and after that i have to apply for passport so i need help regarding this thanks in advance

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: Still Dragging On

Post by Ben » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:22 pm

ehaque wrote:Here's my experience so far on getting a new passport:

1. Took oath on 30th August

2. Submitted my Passport application on 31st August via the Passport express service. Submitted the following documents along with the application:

a. Original copy of my birth certificate
b. Original copy of my driving license
c. Credit Card statement (original) for proof of address
d. Phone Bill (original) for proof of name
e. Certificate of Naturalization

3. Passport office received and registered my application on 03/09/2012. I was checking my status on www.passport.ie

4. On the 9th working day (13/09/2012), they finally picked it up for checking

5. On the 12th working day (18/09/2012), they notified me via the website that there is one document missing hence they cannot issue my passport. I was also informed that they have posted a letter which includes a detailed description on why my application was rejected

6. I received the letter on 19/09/2012. It states the following:
You omitted the original long form of your birth certificate (the long form birth certificate includes the details of your parents). Photocopies or Church/Baptismal certificates cannot be accepted. Please submit this.

Now this is bullshit. I submitted my ORIGINAL birth certificate which includes my parents' details including their date of birth and address. I'm not sure what to do now. Should I just send it back with a letter stating that this is my ORIGINAL birth certificate? Or should I get an affidavit from the solicitor and send it along with the birth certificate?

The process of getting the Irish Citizenship must be one of the most irritating experiences of life. On top of that, they don't even have a telephone number where you can contact them.
How did you get on?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

nissa

Post by nissa » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:58 pm

if the long form birth certificate translated into English then i guess it should be attested by the solicitor or notorised from the birth country.

cleangreen

Post by cleangreen » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:24 am

Click on link below to see list of documents as specified by INIS. I followed this list and got my passport in 9 working days :)

Please download the image (file > download) and zoom in to see the list clearly

http://tinyurl.com/c4rxonj