ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sheikh76
Newly Registered

Post by sheikh76 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:17 pm

mancuso wrote:I can't believe it, I just got home and there was a UKBA package with all my documents and passports.

I got my ILR!!!

20/08/2012 - PEO Croydon, asked for one more document
22/08/2012 - Documents delivered
12/09/2012 - Date of ILR approval letter
14/09/2012 - Letter and documents delivered

:D
congrats mancuso

did you had to ask MP or write any letters/complain to UKBA to get a decision?

shadisami9
Newly Registered

Post by shadisami9 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:41 pm

Still waiting
Last edited by shadisami9 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:00 pm

shadisami9 wrote:Hi All, Just quick questions:
Has anyone been given their documents back with the acknowledge letter? Has anyone been asked to provide information about his/her preceding FLR application?

I am just considering all the possiblilities to undersatnd why they are keeping our application and what kind of ENQUIRIES !! that they are making

I appreciated your replies

KR
Shadi
I dont think they are doing any thing... they are making money and surving new aplicants and distributing ILR's

whats was your case ? what you mean by dreadful letter ?

what the reson you didn't get the decision on same day. only then any one can tell you what are they doing.

shadisami9
Newly Registered

Post by shadisami9 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:30 pm

Thanks Guys for your time and interest..

My case is pretty straight forward. Came to the UK in 2007 under HSMP,FLR in 2009 (automatically switched to Tier 1) ,no criminal convictions, never exceeded my allowed time outside the UK,passed my life in the UK test, always been employed,met the required earnings for the 12 months prior to my application, maintenance funds saved in my account and were shown on my bank statements, never recoursed to any public funds and police registration documents were up to date.I was due to apply for my ILR in May-June 2012

On 6th June we went to Croydon office and after paying the premium fees and enrolling our biometrics.The case worker left us for 3-4 hours (can't remmember exactly now, it been long time now) and he gave us all our documents back and retained the following: Passports, Police registration certificates, pay slips, letter from my current employer and my life in the UK test certificate.He said that he couldn't make a decision on the day as my application is not in the Layby on the system and he had to refer it back to a senior team to manage it and make a decision.We were give an acknowledgement letter (which I call dreadful letter) and We were informed that it might be just an adminstrative problem and we should hear back from them in a week or two.He also advised that in case we don't hear from them in two weeks to call them on the number on the letter (realised later when I cooled down that there is no number of email address on that letter!!) and ask to follow the progress of my application.

Now it has been 15 weeks and they haven't contacted us for any more documents or to inform us about the outcome.I contacted the 0870 number and they said they can't give any information on an application that is less that six months old, and last time the lady asked me to refrain from calling that number.

I need to understand why they have kept my application although my case is a straight forward one and would take a junior case worker maximum of 30 minutes to check the document and decide.

Is there any way of following the progress of the application in Croydon office, I am also thinking to contact my MP as it is a devastating situation and it's seriously affecting our life. would you advice that I do so? has anyone designed a template letter to the MPs?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and advice.

thanks for reading.

Kind regards,
Shadi

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:02 pm

thats really unfair with you. I think they are doing nothing about your application.

when you called 0870 no did you tell them that it was premium application what they say.

I am thinking to call tomorrow . but after reading your thread i loose confidence to waist money on calling 0870 no..

you should contact your MP and get the status....

well to be honest as seen on this forum.

MP, solicitors , queen can't do any thing.

just wait and wait.... one guy write on PEOcomplain@ukba some thing he got the answer that it is with senior case worker and they are assessing earning. you can try...

best of luck my freind... plz do update the status if you have any

ryan

celinaaa
Newly Registered

Post by celinaaa » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:09 pm

As far as i understand an FLR is a family leave to remain visa and this it is a dependant visa . U were in hsmp to flr to tier 1 .. Why were u on a dependabt visa is what thy r assessing? I may be wrong. Plz do correct me if thats the case.

Regards

celinaaa
Newly Registered

Post by celinaaa » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:11 pm

The FLR is where u reset ur 5 yrs.

shadisami9
Newly Registered

Post by shadisami9 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:58 pm

I don't know who was on HSMP but according to the HSMP ( post November 2006) after two years in the UK you apply for Further leave to remain (FLR) for three years ( as they closed the HSMP route in 2009 they gave everyone who applied for FLR under that route an extension as TIER1 general) and after a total of five years you apply for ILR.

Hope this helps to clarify

celinaaa
Newly Registered

Post by celinaaa » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:01 pm

Rite, so ur FLR was basically an hsmp extention (tier1)
Yes thats clarifys it. Ur rite, ur case is simple and hopefully u shud be hearing something soon.

mancuso
Newly Registered

Post by mancuso » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:32 pm

sheikh76 wrote:
mancuso wrote:I can't believe it, I just got home and there was a UKBA package with all my documents and passports.

I got my ILR!!!

20/08/2012 - PEO Croydon, asked for one more document
22/08/2012 - Documents delivered
12/09/2012 - Date of ILR approval letter
14/09/2012 - Letter and documents delivered

:D
congrats mancuso

did you had to ask MP or write any letters/complain to UKBA to get a decision?
I emailed my MP on the 23rd and they email the UKBA the same day. The MP's office never replied with an update

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:18 pm

5 months (22 weeks) today and still waiting !!!!

I have emailed UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and PEOComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk this morning, sent a letter to Croydon and Liverpool POEs and also sent a fax to 01512132910.

Anybody aware of any other fax number i can fax to? I know someone once recommended another number ones but i can seems to trace it. Also is there any other UKBA contact I can escalate to?

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:42 pm

Bash1oo wrote:5 months (22 weeks) today and still waiting !!!!

I have emailed UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and PEOComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk this morning, sent a letter to Croydon and Liverpool POEs and also sent a fax to 01512132910.

Anybody aware of any other fax number i can fax to? I know someone once recommended another number ones but i can seems to trace it. Also is there any other UKBA contact I can escalate to?
U need to cc the complaint mail to local MP also. then you will get immediate and prompt response. i did the same.

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:52 pm

Krishnalvr, how immediate/prompt was your response? days? weeks?

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:00 pm

Bash1oo wrote:Krishnalvr, how immediate/prompt was your response? days? weeks?
First time they took 10 days (i have not cc'd MP email address).

2nd time(reply to first response) same day 3 responses(cc'd MP address)

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:18 pm

Krishnalvr wrote:

Hmmmmmmm.........Ok, i will call the MPs office to get the email address (i have been writting letters all this while) and resend the emails CCing the MP.

Many thx for the advice.

Bash

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:23 pm

Bash1oo wrote:
Krishnalvr wrote:

Hmmmmmmm.........Ok, i will call the MPs office to get the email address (i have been writting letters all this while) and resend the emails CCing the MP.

Many thx for the advice.

Bash
U can find the MP Details by MP Name
http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/

to find your MP name

http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:25 pm

Thanks Krishnalvr

Bash

frey80

Post by frey80 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:35 pm

does further check usually takes longer than add docs?

assume if you need to send additional documents to croydon (or where you applied PEO) it will be processed locally?

if futher check, does it usually means transfer the application elsewhere IE liverpool or other places?

in my case is i lost previous passport and i don't have a copy of the entry clearance which case worked specially asked during appointment.

my question is if you lost previous passport, why photocopy of visa is so important?

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:41 pm

frey80 wrote:does further check usually takes longer than add docs?

assume if you need to send additional documents to croydon (or where you applied PEO) it will be processed locally?

if futher check, does it usually means transfer the application elsewhere IE liverpool or other places?

in my case is i lost previous passport and i don't have a copy of the entry clearance which case worked specially asked during appointment.

my question is if you lost previous passport, why photocopy of visa is so important?
That is depends on our fate and case worker mood.

Regarding my application , they did check once after they received my further documentation on June 25th . After that they kept aside and pending. keeping in backlog pool.

Once the case worker feels relax and his mood well then they will take these cases , that is also when our fate is good. :(

frey80

Post by frey80 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:47 pm

Krishnalvr wrote:

Regarding my application , they did check once after they received my further documentation on June 25th . After that they kept aside and pending. keeping in backlog pool.

Once the case worker feels relax and his mood well then they will take these cases , that is also when our fate is good. :(
guys...right after i post this, i got call from UKBA ask me to come and collect my passport, sounds positive ..........

sheikh76
Newly Registered

Post by sheikh76 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:49 pm

Dear All,

First of all I would like to thank all the members here who are supporting each other by providing useful information.

Today I received a call that my case is approved and can collect the passport tomorrow :D

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:49 pm

frey80 wrote:
Krishnalvr wrote:

guys...right after i post this, i got call from UKBA ask me to come and collect my passport, sounds positive ..........
Congrats , Did they mentioned about success ?

frey80

Post by frey80 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:53 pm

Krishnalvr wrote:
frey80 wrote:
Krishnalvr wrote:

yes, i confirmed that, then just now the case worker called again to inform me that the BRP will be arrived in 5-7 working days

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:55 pm

frey80 wrote:
Krishnalvr wrote:
frey80 wrote:
Krishnalvr wrote:

yes, i confirmed that, then just now the case worker called again to inform me that the BRP will be arrived in 5-7 working days
May be they are looking pending cases now.

frey80

Post by frey80 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:59 pm

Krishnalvr wrote:
frey80 wrote:
Krishnalvr wrote:
frey80 wrote:
May be they are looking pending cases now.
after olympic i think they shall start to do some real work now