ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Granted! (Limited Leave to Remain as a partner/parent).

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:01 pm

now you'll have to make two further applications for limited leave and then a further application for ilr after 10 years instead.[/quote]

Three applications for limited leave and then further one for ILR , correct me if i'm wrong !!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:05 pm

Yes that's correct-3 applications.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:12 pm

[quote="Greenie"]Yes that's correct-3 applications.[/quote]

In total is 4 applications for limited leave and one for ILR is it correct ?

also can a person change it to spouse visa if he go back home ?

cezza2012
Newly Registered

Post by cezza2012 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:02 pm

hi there just a message to see how your application turned out, i am a british citizen married to a nigerian man, hes currently on a student visa we applied in may after we married to change his visa to a spousal visa but 5 months and were still waiting and we r now due our baby in 3 weeks

cezza2012
Newly Registered

Post by cezza2012 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:05 pm

cezza2012 wrote:hi there just a message to see how your application turned out, i am a british citizen married to a nigerian man, hes currently on a student visa we applied in may after we married to change his visa to a spousal visa but 5 months and were still waiting and we r now due our baby in 3 weeks
sorry just noticed i never clicked on to the next page lol, thanks for sharing your experience

cherize

Post by cherize » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:35 am

cezza2012 wrote:
cezza2012 wrote:hi there just a message to see how your application turned out, i am a british citizen married to a nigerian man, hes currently on a student visa we applied in may after we married to change his visa to a spousal visa but 5 months and were still waiting and we r now due our baby in 3 weeks
sorry just noticed i never clicked on to the next page lol, thanks for sharing your experience
Not a problem at all. Good luck on your husband's application. Hope he will get the result the soonest.

Reggie
Newly Registered

Re: Visa Granted! (Limited Leave to Remain as a partner/pare

Post by Reggie » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:51 pm

cherize wrote:Hi, i am in need of professional advice regarding my problem at the moment. Here is my story:

I came here in UK November 2008 on a student visa and decided to renew before my visa run out last October 2010. Unfortunately, after 2 months from the time i lodge my documents, i received a letter from the HO returning back all my documents saying that they couldnt procceed with my application because they couldnt debit the visa fee they needed on my bank account. I am 100% sure that i gave them the correct bank details and i have the sufficient funds in my account to cover up the £357 visa fee. I am gutted at this time, the fact that they never contacted me when they couldnt debit the fee they needed instead i waited for 2 months to hear a response from them.

I decided then to submit again another application January 2011 with the use of a postal order fee this time so there willl be no more excuse from them. To my disgrace, they returned back again my application with a reason this time that i have used an invalid application which is an honest mistake as i never bothered to checked it on the UKBA website the new applic form.

For the 3rd time, i lodge my documents last march 2011, they asked me for biometrics after 1 week from the time i submitted an applic form and i was hopong that my application will be successful by this time. Unfortunately, i received a bad news March 21, 2011 from the HO as they have send me a refusal letter on the grounds that i dont have the sufficient funds in my account for a period of 28 days and that i dont have the right to appeal as my application was not on time. In the first place, its not my fault if as ive waited for 2 months on my first application before hearing a response from them. I even went to the bank and they gave me a letter confirming that HO never made any attempts to debit the visa fee needed.

My bf & i are so confused during this period as we dont know what to do especially that i am 15 wks pregnant and he doesnt want me to go back home. He wants me to give birth here and he believes that the child has a better future here. We then seek advice from solicitors but they gave us different options. We decided to seek assistance from the Citizens Advice, at first they are willing to help. They avised me to make a fresh application as theres no harm to bang in again another application once a strong cover leetter and sufficent evidence are being provided. We paid my course fees at the college until the end of my course, they gave me a new Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies and we continued collecting other evidences during this period. Unfortunately, last week our solicitor phoned us up saying that there are new rules now under Tier 4 visa and there might be a possibility that they will refuse agin my application , so it will just be a waste of money. She suggested then for me to go back home instead and make application there on a spouse visa category.

At the moment we are really confused what to do. My boyfriend and his family wants me to stay here if possible . But i already overstayed my visa which is never my intention. could anyone give us their since advice?
My bf & i are planning to get married since we are having a baby too, but we couldnt even do that as when we had an appointment at the Registry Office, they needed my proof of identity which is my passport but unfortunately my passport is at the Eaton House , a UK border Agency as they never return it back when i got the refusal letter. I phoned them up and explained things to them, and they booked an appointment for me but i am quite afraid to go there as they might detain me and deport back home which i would never like to happen . i have lot of options but i dont know what to follow.
a.) go back home, get married there and apply for spouese visa. But with my overstay here, will it not affect my application? i think its not easy to go back home and come back immediately

b.) get married here, extend my overstay until i give birth and go back home after i had the baby? and make applicarion there so we could come back

c.) stay here under human rights, i am not sure but they say Discretionary leave? as i am havinga baby to a british citizen who is willing to marry me and acknowledging the child? we've been together for a year now. But how long are we going to wait for the decison if we decided to choose this option?

I would appreciate to those people who could give ther advice on this matter. I am looking for solicitors as well who could help but i wanted to make it sure before taking another next step as paying a solicitor will cost me a fortune too .

I am sorry as my story is quite complicated and lond.

Cheers in adavnce!
Hey my story is literally same as yours but i decided to leave and apply from my home country. Lets see what the outcome will be? Wish you all the best..

cherize

Post by cherize » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:33 pm

Hey my story is literally same as yours but i decided to leave and apply from my home country. Lets see what the outcome will be? Wish you all the best..[/quote]

Goodluck and just be positive as good things do come to those who patiently waits! Hope you will hear a good news soon too.

Reggie
Newly Registered

Post by Reggie » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:16 am

cherize wrote:Hey my story is literally same as yours but i decided to leave and apply from my home country. Lets see what the outcome will be? Wish you all the best..

Goodluck and just be positive as good things do come to those who patiently waits! Hope you will hear a good news soon too.[/quote]

Hi Just got an email yesterday that my processed application has been sent back to the center and I have collected my passport and visa was granted.
Hope you will hear a good news soon as well. don't lose hope. As god works in mysterious ways.
I went to UK back in 2004, i did my degree then got IGS and then PSW, but before my PSW expire I made an application for student visa again and during that time my employer wants me to continue the job so they applied for tier 2 license and I applied for Tier 2 work permit. UKBA then had two pending applications, my solicitor asked them to consider Tier 2 application, but UKBA sent both Tier 2 and Tier 4 application back and asked me to refill the Tier 2 form. But when I did that again my leave to remain was expired. after that they kept my passport and asked me to leave the country, To regularise my status I made student application 7 times but all the time they refused because of no leave to remain.
I was devastated, totally shatterd but then I decided to get marry within UK and apply for COA at that time(which you dont need now). after 9months they granted me that. during that period one day I had burglary happened at my home and I lost my laptop, my phones and all my valuable goods. And I made complaint to local police about that, but after few days UKBA raided my home place to detain me and luckily I was not there. but by grace of god after few days I got COA certificate and I married straight away. after waiting for an yea, i heard new rules are changing so I decided to leave the country before that, asked my local enforcement team to return my passport. I came to my home country on 4th July and I made application on 5th July, after 56 working days I got visa. Hope you will get some good news as well and be positive.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:05 am

[quote="Reggie"][quote="cherize"]Hey my story is literally same as yours but i decided to leave and apply from my home country. Lets see what the outcome will be? Wish you all the best..[/quote]

Goodluck and just be positive as good things do come to those who patiently waits! Hope you will hear a good news soon too.[/quote][quote]

Hi Just got an email yesterday that my processed application has been sent back to the center and I have collected my passport and visa was granted.
Hope you will hear a good news soon as well. don't lose hope. As god works in mysterious ways.
I went to UK back in 2004, i did my degree then got IGS and then PSW, but before my PSW expire I made an application for student visa again and during that time my employer wants me to continue the job so they applied for tier 2 license and I applied for Tier 2 work permit. UKBA then had two pending applications, my solicitor asked them to consider Tier 2 application, but UKBA sent both Tier 2 and Tier 4 application back and asked me to refill the Tier 2 form. But when I did that again my leave to remain was expired. after that they kept my passport and asked me to leave the country, To regularise my status I made student application 7 times but all the time they refused because of no leave to remain.
I was devastated, totally shatterd but then I decided to get marry within UK and apply for COA at that time(which you dont need now). after 9months they granted me that. during that period one day I had burglary happened at my home and I lost my laptop, my phones and all my valuable goods. And I made complaint to local police about that, but after few days UKBA raided my home place to detain me and luckily I was not there. but by grace of god after few days I got COA certificate and I married straight away. after waiting for an yea, i heard new rules are changing so I decided to leave the country before that, asked my local enforcement team to return my passport. I came to my home country on 4th July and I made application on 5th July, after 56 working days I got visa. Hope you will get some good news as well and be positive. [/quote][/quote]

Congratulation mate on your visa , I was gonna do the seem like you , when I heard the new rules are changing , withdraw my application and apply from back home , i wish i have done it , better then this waiting , for visa of 30 month and you have to renew it 4 time :shock:

cherize

Post by cherize » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:44 pm

justice12 wrote:
Reggie wrote:
cherize wrote:Hey my story is literally same as yours but i decided to leave and apply from my home country. Lets see what the outcome will be? Wish you all the best..

Goodluck and just be positive as good things do come to those who patiently waits! Hope you will hear a good news soon too.

I was devastated, totally shatterd but then I decided to get marry within UK and apply for COA at that time(which you dont need now). after 9months they granted me that. during that period one day I had burglary happened at my home and I lost my laptop, my phones and all my valuable goods. And I made complaint to local police about that, but after few days UKBA raided my home place to detain me and luckily I was not there. but by grace of god after few days I got COA certificate and I married straight away. after waiting for an yea, i heard new rules are changing so I decided to leave the country before that, asked my local enforcement team to return my passport. I came to my home country on 4th July and I made application on 5th July, after 56 working days I got visa. Hope you will get some good news as well and be positive.
Congratulation mate on your visa , I was gonna do the seem like you , when I heard the new rules are changing , withdraw my application and apply from back home , i wish i have done it , better then this waiting , for visa of 30 month and you have to renew it 4 time :shock:[/quote]

Dont lose hope justice12! I know the feeling , its like being in a limbo that you dont know whats gonna happen next. Focus your mind set first on having a visa, dont worry too much about the renewing of visa 4x as HO rules keeps on chnaging every now and then.
Like me, i have just spoken with my solicitor and i dont have to worry about it as i can switch my visa either into spouse or apply for a residence card as a partner of European national (since my partner is irish), their rules on the EEA is lesser strict compared to the British HO rules.
It is better having a visa, no matter how many times you renew or how long you have to wait before getting settlement visa as there are always ways how to make it quicker.
So just keep the faith and trust me you will hear a positive news soon too :)

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:16 pm

I know cherize you are right , but the waiting game is killing me !!