ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ali1122
Newly Registered

Post by ali1122 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:08 pm

sakman wrote:Does anyone know if when you receive the RFC text does it also update online at the same time
yeah it does change online as well

munchies27

salaam guys

Post by munchies27 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:21 pm

salaam everyone... hope ur all ok.

Good Luck to everyone waiting :)

Alhamdulillah my husband got his visa on the 05/09/12 thanks to Almighty Allah.
i was just wondering if anyone (March Applicant) who has been granted a visa has come over to the UK yet?
if so... what happened on arrival to the airport? what kind of questions were asked etc??

i know everything is genuine in my situation, but just curious to know so i can tell my husband what to expect.

Anyways wish u all the best of luck and im remembering u all in my duas.

Allah Hafiz

Shazia1104
BANNED

Post by Shazia1104 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:26 pm

Congrats munchies, really happy for you. My hubby is a June applicant. Please make dua for him and good luck to everyone xx
Applied at Islamabad: 25/06/2012
Under process at BHC: 09/07/2012

Week 21... INSHA'ALLAH it will be granted soon. Please make dua people and my duas are with everyone out there.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Re: HI submittGuys, i

Post by king2be98 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:40 am

Shah12 wrote:Its not a justification to say because the costs are high that it is best not to marry from abroad, what you should be arguing is that it should be a human right to chose who to marry and that deliberate financial barriers should not be set up to prevent that and the system needs to be challenged. Every marriage has a chance of breakdown regardless of where you marry. You're right to family life is taken away when you cant choose. With regards to what someone said about family trees coming over isn't that what happening in uk from other eu countries already
What you and many others fail to realise is, Britain is not putting any barrier on you, £18k is a perfectly acceptable amount, isn't the average salary across the UK around £26k? Well this is well below the average salary. The government is in a difficult position, it has to stop immigration without breaching basic human rights. In terms of students, you try and narrow down so the best students come in and in terms of visitors, you narrow down so only immediate family come over and in terms of spouses, you narrow down so only those who can afford a decent and healthy style of living come through.

The question to be asked is, and it's a serious one, if people are so eager to marry spouses from abroad, why don't they go and live abroad if they feel they're rights are being breached. The British government might be putting a barrier in terms of finance, but the Pakistani government isn't.

Another issue in terms of the south asian community in the UK is a massive one, due to the number of men who go "back home" to marry, there are often a shortage of bachelors in the UK for British born Asian women. In many marriage events you'll find the women outnumber the men by often 3 or even 4 to 1 and the average age of the women is more than the average age of men.

You guys are viewing things with tinted glasses on and not seeing the wider picture.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:41 am

sakman wrote:Does anyone know if when you receive the RFC text does it also update online at the same time
It usually changes online a few hours before they send a SMS or email. So if you don't get a text or an email, don't worry.

ak145m
BANNED

Post by ak145m » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:16 pm

Mate, if men are in short supply ..lol then I have a better solution , get all women who are having trouble to find a man to marry from abroad, issue resolved, there are many men around the world even in Pakistan who are more hard working, educated, decent and with better moral than in UK.

If you have any issues with this as your BNP brothers say leave the country and go and live in north pole.

UKBA charge huge fees and should be expected to provide decent service not worse than third world country.

UK is big enough to hold many more people, don't worry about the space. we have high proportion of Old age pensioners than young hard working people whom we need. I can go on about this but I know this forum is not for debates but to provide help and support to applicants.

What you and many others fail to realise is, Britain is not putting any barrier on you, £18k is a perfectly acceptable amount, isn't the average salary across the UK around £26k? Well this is well below the average salary. The government is in a difficult position, it has to stop immigration without breaching basic human rights. In terms of students, you try and narrow down so the best students come in and in terms of visitors, you narrow down so only immediate family come over and in terms of spouses, you narrow down so only those who can afford a decent and healthy style of living come through.

The question to be asked is, and it's a serious one, if people are so eager to marry spouses from abroad, why don't they go and live abroad if they feel they're rights are being breached. The British government might be putting a barrier in terms of finance, but the Pakistani government isn't.

Another issue in terms of the south asian community in the UK is a massive one, due to the number of men who go "back home" to marry, there are often a shortage of bachelors in the UK for British born Asian women. In many marriage events you'll find the women outnumber the men by often 3 or even 4 to 1 and the average age of the women is more than the average age of men.

You guys are viewing things with tinted glasses on and not seeing the wider picture.

ak145m
BANNED

income

Post by ak145m » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:22 pm

Just because someone makes less than decent living does not give UKBA right to discriminate against those people. what next will it be increased as other income related visa bands are increased regularly, so when our children become adults will it be that if they earn a million they can marry a foreigner? just imagine if king2be child works in a fast food but falls in love with a foreigner on holiday...lol i would want to see his face then and see what he says to her, "go and live abroad you don't deserve to live in our rich country"?

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:46 pm

ak145m,

Once again you're not seeing the bigger picture are you. British born Asian women, in the majority do not like the idea of marrying a foreigner, most prefer to marry someone British. The men mostly down to their familys don't mind this. When you have a daughter, you'll understand the massive issue Asian women have when it comes to finding a spouse.

ak145m,

Just because you pay £800 for a VISA application, doesn't mean you should get it. You need to meet the criteria of applicants. The criteria of 18k is a really fair one considering that the average salary for men across the uk is £30k and the average for women is £24k. I don't know why everyone is moaning about them breaching human rights, 18k is well below the average uk salary, so any distortion due to the high earning CEOs is negated.

Shah12

Post by Shah12 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:55 pm

king2be98 wrote:
Shah12 wrote:Its not a justification to say because the costs are high that it is best not to marry from abroad, what you should be arguing is that it should be a human right to chose who to marry and that deliberate financial barriers should not be set up to prevent that and the system needs to be challenged. Every marriage has a chance of breakdown regardless of where you marry. You're right to family life is taken away when you cant choose. With regards to what someone said about family trees coming over isn't that what happening in uk from other eu countries already

Your viewing things through no vision what so ever, the policies are to stop dependency on the welfare state, well ive got news for you since May 2010 migrants from european countries are able to claim benwfits as soon as they like and are therefore allowed to get benefits without wver paying into the system. The influx.of migration from eu has far outreached any other. There are more eastern europeans than ethnic.minorites from pakistan and india. They don't have to earn around 17k infact they come with empty pockets. Wake up and smell the cofee! Its a recession i certainly dont earn.that figure

ak145m
BANNED

Post by ak145m » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:41 pm

Asian women can't find asian men because asian men can't afford the high demands these stupid women have,. need to be rich, have to have a house, and plenty of money indirectly a millionaire..lol they need to stop dreaming and get a life and come back to real world from stupid bollywood. thats what happens iof you watch too much bollywood and forget the reality.
one asian women I know asked for a professional husband, need to have own house, mehr(Islamic gift to women from men) of 140 gram of gold, and more demands, guess what happened she is 35 now and still looking ..stupid or mental? that also explains why men prefer to go back to pak or india...lol

you seem to think what you know is correct and applies to all so no it doesn't there are other factors and it still wrong to expect someone to be financially rich to be able to marry.

you are moaning about average salary do you know avg salary also counts millionaires even billionaires in the stats , and that's why its screwed up. so don't always follows stats blindly.

you are wrong I never said they should give us visas for what we spend as fees well may be they should as they charge so much and take ages to process application. what I said was their service is crap, they should give proper service as per the charge. 6 months to 1 year service after paying nearly £1000 for my settlement visa I applied is just mockery of professionalism. it's incompetence and they should be ashamed of that.

You don't seem to have seen hardship in life, may you should have, to realise the importance of every penny. people whose parents, grandparents came over decades ago as cheap labour and lived in slums to give their children good lives don't know the meaning of hard ship , they have never seen their parents or grand parents working in textile mills and bread factories and how they made their lives in this country. now they want to ban immigration talk about hypocrites. people who are migrating now are mostly highly educated and hard working people unlike people who are british born who are lazy and benefit scroungers.
king2be98 wrote:ak145m,

Once again you're not seeing the bigger picture are you. British born Asian women, in the majority do not like the idea of marrying a foreigner, most prefer to marry someone British. The men mostly down to their familys don't mind this. When you have a daughter, you'll understand the massive issue Asian women have when it comes to finding a spouse.

ak145m,

Just because you pay £800 for a VISA application, doesn't mean you should get it. You need to meet the criteria of applicants. The criteria of 18k is a really fair one considering that the average salary for men across the uk is £30k and the average for women is £24k. I don't know why everyone is moaning about them breaching human rights, 18k is well below the average uk salary, so any distortion due to the high earning CEOs is negated.

ak145m
BANNED

shortage

Post by ak145m » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:49 pm

@king2be98

if there are asian women in UK who can't find asian hard working educated and decent men please let me know and I assure you they are here and I'll try and find get them for you. I have known many brothers who are looking for partners but beware they are no fake people like sharukh or salman khan, they are real people , with real love, real life, real happiness and real issues which i am sure you wouldn't want, then go back and live in fantasy.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:36 pm

Ok guys you have all made valid points in your arguments for and against getting married here in UK or abroad.

Now can we return to teh subject for what this post was initially created for.If you wish to discuss these issues further go the face book web page which I have created specifically for such discussions.You can argue/discuss teh issue all day long :lol:
https://www.facebook.com/Immigrationboa ... tan?ref=hl

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:49 pm

RE: TB Certificate...

Can anyone clarify please....

I read on the facebook page...

"A number of people asked me about their TB certificates and whether it has to be valid at the time they come to the UK. The answer is NO, it does not need to be valid and the expired TB certificate will suffice.

HOWEVER IT MUST BE VALID when your visa is about to be stamped in your passport. This is a problem for people who have been refused and have gone through appeal procedure only to find out when you are asked to bring your TB certificate in, it has expired and can take up to another months before you can have one done again at the same place where you had the first one. Remember these are valid only for 6 months at a time"

I am really worried now....
My wife submitted her application in the first week of June, and the TB test was done in mid-Febuary and expired mid-August. Not had a decision yet..

So does this mean that we will get an automatic refusal as the TB certificate has now expired and we have had no decision as of yet?

I thought the when submitting application that a valid TB certificate was meant to be included, didnt realise that it had to be valid until you get your visa stamped. As they are taking 6 months for decisions there is no room for margin..

Does this mean an automatic refusal?
Can i do anything about it now?

Any info appreciated please...
Thanks
06/06/2012 - App Submitted LHE
19/06/2012 - Under process BHC
08/11/2012 - RFC - collected and visa granted Alhumdulillah. Praise to the Almighty

Please do Dua for me brothers & sisters and remember me in your Duas. Inshallah. May Allah bless you.

sabootio_786
Newly Registered

Post by sabootio_786 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:27 am

Salaam all, the UKBA website has been updated with the statistics of visa processing times of applications made in August. For applications made in Lahore and Islamabad, only 85-86% of the cases were decided within 120 days. I'm becoming patient with the wait now Alhamdulillah (all praise to Allah). But I did email my MP to see if he can find out the progress of my husbands application. Duas going out to everyone, will let yous know once I hear something Insha'Allah (God willing).

whoesnext

Post by whoesnext » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:27 am

sabootio_786 wrote:Salaam all, the UKBA website has been updated with the statistics of visa processing times of applications made in August. For applications made in Lahore and Islamabad, only 85-86% of the cases were decided within 120 days. I'm becoming patient with the wait now Alhamdulillah (all praise to Allah). But I did email my MP to see if he can find out the progress of my husbands application. Duas going out to everyone, will let yous know once I hear something Insha'Allah (God willing).
Its very sad and uncomforting to see march applicant still awaiting the reply....looking at the ukba processing times i think in the next two months their service will be dead slow........June and july applicants i think it will take around 8-10 months now believe me or not i can sense it for 100% applications......I guess all we can do it to put pressure through MP's.....

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:49 am

I just cannot believe that they have made only 124 decisions in august. It equates to only 5 decisions a day. What a shambles. UKBA should be embarassed by their performance. I am thinking of sending an email to the Home Secretary Theresa May.

Its just getting rediculous. They didnt plan for the rise in applications by getting more entry clearance officers in to deal with the applications.

Shocking :x

Shazia1104
BANNED

Post by Shazia1104 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:04 am

I know... what poor planning ayy!!!

What is your timeline solospy??

Week 21... INSHA'ALLAH it will be granted soon. Please make dua people and my duas are with everyone out there.

Scottishraja

Post by Scottishraja » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:16 am

Shazia1104
Seen on your timeline - 80+ days waiting

The UKBA only count working days - so 120 days would equate to roughly 6 months
Married 09/06/2011
Applied at Gerrys 14/05/2012
Application forwarded to BHC 25/05/2012
Ready for Collection 18/10/2012
114 working days and got RFC
Yes/No ???????

whoesnext

Post by whoesnext » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:02 am

120 days roughly equates to 6 months but only 86% are done in august and this will fall in sep and october as in june july 300+ applicants from each center applied and if they making 180-200 decision in a month it can takes well off 10 months to decide all 100% applications........I think ukba processing times are flawed......

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:42 am

know... what poor planning ayy!!!

My time line is:

Applied at Islamabad :14/06/2012
Under process at BHC : 27/06/2012
70 Working Days :x

The other fact which drives me mad is that my wife and son applied together on 14/06/12. We are married for over 3 years, my wife spent 2 and half years in the UK with a spouse visa when i was on work permit and our son was born in the UK in 2011. They had to go back for an emergency before their visa expired and i was stupid enough to think that they can apply from pakistan :x

zishi

Post by zishi » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:24 pm

A slight off topic probably but can someone tell me what is the current fee for spouse visa in pounds? I am on ILR and need to apply for my wife who is in Pakistan.

som1984

Post by som1984 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:10 pm

solospy wrote:know... what poor planning ayy!!!

My time line is:

Applied at Islamabad :14/06/2012
Under process at BHC : 27/06/2012
70 Working Days :x

The other fact which drives me mad is that my wife and son applied together on 14/06/12. We are married for over 3 years, my wife spent 2 and half years in the UK with a spouse visa when i was on work permit and our son was born in the UK in 2011. They had to go back for an emergency before their visa expired and i was stupid enough to think that they can apply from pakistan :x
my wife also applied on the 14th of June 2012 at islamabad.

Shazia1104
BANNED

Post by Shazia1104 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:51 pm

we should get a response pretty much around the same time then Inshallah.
i may contact my MP in a couple of weeks to see what happens!

m3y

Post by m3y » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:46 pm

I hope these severe delays are discussed in parliment. It is not acceptable that such a large organisation did not plan ahead, they knew apps would rise prior to the new rules, so should have contingency plans in place... just like any organisation would be expected to..
- 10/05/2012 Applied in Islamabad
- 10/05/2012 Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC
- 23/05/2012 Visa application is under process at the British High Commission.
-09/10/2012 Visa Granted :)

shahbazahmed779
Newly Registered

setllment case

Post by shahbazahmed779 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:53 pm

hi friend i need your help i have applied for settlment and my wife told me yesterday that her bank acount is empty nw dont knw hows this hapnd with her acount i want to know did this will effect on my visa an she sed she had talkd wiht bank manager an they sed it will b oright in month her money will b back in her acount pz tell me what should i do know thanx
appl sumbit at mirpur on 29/06/2012