ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA turnaround times - less than a month?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MattDell

UKBA turnaround times - less than a month?

Post by MattDell » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:19 pm

Hello. I have a quick question -

My Tier 1 is set for expiry on 6 February 2013. I'd like to apply for renewal as soon as I can but unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to apply until 1 January 2013 at the earliest because that's when I was given an adequate salary last year. That's 36 days maximum for turnaround before my visa expires, and ideally I'd like to go home for Christmas / New Years so returning on the 3rd or 4th would give me just barely over 30 days to send in my application and have it returned.

I've had a look over the UKBA processing times thread and the turnaround seem to be closer to 60 - 90 days.

Does UKBA prioritize applications that are set to expire sooner than others? What happens if it doesn't get processed before my visa expires?

Thanks in advance for the help! Hopefully I don't need to worry... :)

Cheers,
-Matt

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: UKBA turnaround times - less than a month?

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:25 pm

MattDell wrote:Does UKBA prioritize applications that are set to expire sooner than others? What happens if it doesn't get processed before my visa expires?
No. Nothing - if you have made an in-time, valid application then your stay (beyond the expiry date of leave) in UK remains legal until the application is decided upon.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

MattDell

Re: UKBA turnaround times - less than a month?

Post by MattDell » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:31 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
MattDell wrote:Does UKBA prioritize applications that are set to expire sooner than others? What happens if it doesn't get processed before my visa expires?
No. Nothing - if you have made an in-time, valid application then your stay (beyond the expiry date of leave) in UK remains legal until the application is decided upon.
Oh! - I did not realise that. In that case I don't mind if it takes a while.

As long as I don't have to leave the country before my expiry date.