ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP holder applying ILR for husband abroad, advice needed.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nonothing

WP holder applying ILR for husband abroad, advice needed.

Post by nonothing » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:56 am

my friend is a WP holder. she's due for applying ILR this June. she's planning to take her husband as dependant. but her husband is extremely busy back in China. he can only come over during the Chinese new year (in Feb) and take the life in the UK test. she's wondering if she can apply ILR (herself + her husband) by post while her husband is in China?

at the moment her husband is holding a dependant visa.

your advice is much appreciated. thanks a lot.

nonothing

Post by nonothing » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:44 am

no reply yet?

i take it as the answer might be too obvious. i did search this discussion board and HO's website, but couldn't find a definite answer.

i would assume the answer is NO. but i'm wondering how the casework could even know where her husband is, especially if his passport is daubed with all the fuzzy stamps.