ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsorship licence ongoing saga

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sussexguy

Sponsorship licence ongoing saga

Post by sussexguy » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:58 pm

Hi all,

I was wondering there would be more than just me who has been affected by the current delays in the system for rather genuine applications.

My employer has applied for sponsorship licence in April mid and still haven't received it. I had made phone calls to UKBA twice over a fortnight and they said that they are currently dealing with applications received until 27th March.

I am interested to get people's view here who have similar/better/worse experience. Let's help each other! :)

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:33 pm

me 2 in a similar situation. My visa expired during this wait game and i had to apply without sponsorship number and cos. So far my application is in process. I will let you know if there is something new on my side.

Hope it helps..

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:35 am

gameover_786 wrote:me 2 in a similar situation. My visa expired during this wait game and i had to apply without sponsorship number and cos. So far my application is in process. I will let you know if there is something new on my side.

Hope it helps..
Thanks for updating your status. I would like to see more of us posting their experience here. Do you know when did your employer apply for a sponsorship and when did you make your Tier 2(General) application.

When I phoned them on their 03001234699, they suggested they can only consider expediting their process for specific application (of course with no guarantee) if the existing VISA is about to expire in 14 days.
Did you email them before you made your application?

Mancala Hour

This is crazy

Post by Mancala Hour » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:27 am

My company applied for its sponsorship license on May 16. My friend's company coincidentally applied for its own license on May 17. Her current visa expires in December or January, but they did their application through a solicitor who called up the UKBA a couple of weeks ago and told them to hurry it up. She tells me that their license came through on Friday! I really don't understand this or what happened or how it happened. Surely having a lawyer applying pressure isn't enough to move the UKBA!?

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:42 pm

sussexguy wrote:
gameover_786 wrote:me 2 in a similar situation. My visa expired during this wait game and i had to apply without sponsorship number and cos. So far my application is in process. I will let you know if there is something new on my side.

Hope it helps..
Thanks for updating your status. I would like to see more of us posting their experience here. Do you know when did your employer apply for a sponsorship and when did you make your Tier 2(General) application.

When I phoned them on their 03001234699, they suggested they can only consider expediting their process for specific application (of course with no guarantee) if the existing VISA is about to expire in 14 days.
Did you email them before you made your application?

Yes my company did send them an email requesting the urgent treatment but nothing came out of it so i had to apply my visa with out sponsorship number and cos. But i did attached that email which we sent to them for urgent request.

Hope that answers your question.

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi all,

Anyone had any joy regarding the sponsoprship licence over the last few days? I see the number of sponsors in the UKBA list increased to 25,326 which is a good sign. Although no name of my sponsor yet! :?

MR VEL
Newly Registered

Post by MR VEL » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:31 pm

Hi all,

Yesterday I received automated update from UKBA, Which states the following...!

“If you have applied for a sponsor licence application we are currently working on applications received in the first week of April 2012. If your application was received after this date we will not provide a progress update.”

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:47 am

MR VEL wrote:Hi all,

Yesterday I received automated update from UKBA, Which states the following...!

“If you have applied for a sponsor licence application we are currently working on applications received in the first week of April 2012. If your application was received after this date we will not provide a progress update.”
Thanks for sharing the update. Now, did you send the application for sponsorship for your company? I ask this since I wonder who should receive such an email- I am assuming the registered correspondence email which in my case may well be the solicitors.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:26 pm

Continue here.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!