ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application fees at PEO: Paying separately

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mcove
Newly Registered

Application fees at PEO: Paying separately

Post by mcove » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:50 am

Hi

I am going to apply for ILR based on 5 year work permit stay in about 2 months time. I think my case is straightforward as I have worked all that time for one employer and my salary is above the required level from what I checked last time.
I have one dependant which is my wife who came to the UK 1 year ago, but if I understand it right there is no qualifying period for work permit dependants (By the way can somebody explain the logic behind it? Why does it have to be two or three years for PBS dependants and spouses of British citizens and no such rule for WP dependants?)
Anyway, my question is more to do with the payment for ILR. We are planning to apply in person in Croydon and the fees are £2066 for the main applicant and a dependant. My problem is that if I applied on my own my company would have refunded me the money I paid to obtain ILR. But they will obviously not refund my wife’s application fee. So, the question is: Is there any way we could pay the fees separately or get separate receipts one for the main applicant and one for the dependant. For example would it be possible if we paid from the two different accounts: one amount of £1377 for the main applicant and the other of 689 for the dependant. This way I will be able to claim only my share as an expense.
Does anyone have experience with it or any thoughts? I apologize if the question has been raised before. I searched the forum but without luck.

Thanks

S

vik30

Post by vik30 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:17 pm

anyone on this query, please

mcove
Newly Registered

Post by mcove » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:56 pm

vik30 wrote:anyone on this query, please
I actually managed to get through to the UKBA enquiry office on the phone today and asked this question. The answer was "I don't see why this should be a problem to pay in two parts".
You can't believe all they say on the phone but at least there's a good chance it can be done.
Cheers