ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Fees

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stokbrig

Visa Fees

Post by stokbrig » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:20 am

In 2009, I paid £1050 to extend my stay as T1/G migrant with 2 dependents at PEO, now I have to pay £3600 to get another extension.
can anyone advise on this dramatic increase in visa fees!!??

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:49 am

The simple answer is because it was woefully underfunded in the past and attempts are being made to correct that. The citizens and settled residents of the UK don't wish to see their taxes being sidelined to subsidise the bureaucracy and administration of a migrant worker program for people who are seeking betterment in their lives. If they want to live and work in the UK and enjoy its benefits, that's great but it's unreasonable to expect the cost of the system that affords them that privilege to be supported by their hosts. The entire administrative costs of the migrant worker system should always have been treated and held accountable as a profit centre for the benefit of the UK, with the costs of the system being passed on to the user.

I fear I may have just instigated the longest discussion in the history of this bulletin board!
Last edited by Lucapooka on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hsmp505

Post by hsmp505 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:04 pm

In 2009, I paid £1050 to extend my stay as T1/G migrant with 2 dependents at PEO, now I have to pay £3600 to get another extension.
can u pls advise on this dramatic increase in visa fees!!?? and how can I get an appointment? thanks
1. I don't understand why you PM me same message, but anyway you have got reply from Lucapooka for first question.

2. How to get appointment depends on when you are going to apply as you have not mentioned what dates you are looking for, if it's after 42 days then you can try online system links are in below posts otherwise you would need to find some solicitor and pay extra for appointment.

Some links to look for:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=72749
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=109405