ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate of Sponsorship allocation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

logix88
Newly Registered

Certificate of Sponsorship allocation

Post by logix88 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:29 pm

Hi,

We had applied for Certificate of Sponsorship and we received one on 9th August. We later found out that there were some errors that need to be corrected and it wasn't a minor error and so the certificate was withdrawn (unused at this point).

However, we only had 1 allocation in our Sponsorship Management at the moment the allocation is still showing up as none. Even though we are applying for an "unrestricted" certificate of sponsorship (as employee transferring from Tier 1 PSW).

It has been over a couple of weeks now and the allocation is still showing up as zero. We have requested for another allocation and also followed up regarding resetting the allocation.

Does any one have any idea about what the rules are for this?

Many thanks.

ska.omer
Newly Registered

Re: Certificate of Sponsorship allocation

Post by ska.omer » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:47 pm

logix88 wrote:Hi,

We had applied for Certificate of Sponsorship and we received one on 9th August. We later found out that there were some errors that need to be corrected and it wasn't a minor error and so the certificate was withdrawn (unused at this point).

However, we only had 1 allocation in our Sponsorship Management at the moment the allocation is still showing up as none. Even though we are applying for an "unrestricted" certificate of sponsorship (as employee transferring from Tier 1 PSW).

It has been over a couple of weeks now and the allocation is still showing up as zero. We have requested for another allocation and also followed up regarding resetting the allocation.

Many thanks.
Same situation I am having as well. My employer made an error in the certificate and cancelled it. Then reapplied for extra allocation on 20th june. Now it is three months we are still having allocation zero. Please update once you get the allocation. It is a painful waiting.

Thanks.

logix88
Newly Registered

Post by logix88 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:12 pm

ska.omer wrote:

Many thanks.
Same situation I am having as well. My employer made an error in the certificate and cancelled it. Then reapplied for extra allocation on 20th june. Now it is three months we are still having allocation zero. Please update once you get the allocation. It is a painful waiting.

Thanks.
It is stated that in three months (from allocation of certificate), allocation will be automatically reset. A bit worrying if that hasn't happened so far.

My problem is that we did it on August 9th and three months form then would be very close to my existing visa expiry.

I hope it doesn't come to that.

logix88
Newly Registered

Post by logix88 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:35 pm

ska.omer wrote:

Many thanks.

Thanks.
Just out of interest, are you transferring form Tier 1 (PSW)?

ska.omer
Newly Registered

Post by ska.omer » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:06 pm

logix88 wrote: Just out of interest, are you transferring form Tier 1 (PSW)?
Yes, I am switching from psw to tier 2. I could not get what you meant by saying "It is stated that in three months (from allocation of certificate), allocation will be automatically reset. A bit worrying if that hasn't happened so far."

If your certificate has already been cancelled that means the allocation for the certificate is now reset to 0. If your company has already been applied for extra certificate, it should also show how many certificate has been requested and their request date and status.

Though all these were done by employer, once I got the opportunity to see it, and this was what i found.

Thanks.

sha23

continue

Post by sha23 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:16 am

please continue this discussion on unrestricted cos here:-

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=108309

regards