ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife Spouse Visa Success

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jonson777
Newly Registered

Wife Spouse Visa Success

Post by jonson777 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi

I am a UK citizen and my wife is from Togo. We recently had success with our spouse visa application, despite me being on partial housing benefit and her not speaking any English at all.

I eventually sacked the lawyer that I was using, he was expensive and useless pretty much (giving advice such as mailing the passport abroad) I prepared all the paperwork by myself, giving as much detail as possible.

I was worried that because I claimed housing it would be an issue, but luckily my dividends/salary was sufficient (I own my own limited company).

Also my business has only been active 1 year, so rumours about needing two years worth of accounts and HMRC tax payment receipts are false. I did send an accountants letter and bank statements, but that was it.

In fact I had not paid any corporation tax yet when we applied, only self assessment.

My wife doesn't speak English well but was allowed to come due to no test centre being available in her country. She is now making an effort to learn English via a course.

Any questions I am happy to answer

carlyann

Post by carlyann » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:32 pm

Congratulations.

Did you apply before or after 9th July?
Hoping to be reunited soon

zishi

Post by zishi » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:33 pm

what is the application fee for spouse visa?

jonson777
Newly Registered

Post by jonson777 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:44 pm

carlyann wrote:Congratulations.

Did you apply before or after 9th July?
we applied before the 9th of July, around the 5th of May I believe...took 8 weeks to get a decision...why what is new since the 9th of July?

@zishi, it was pretty pricey, it cost me about a grand after converting to their currency (which was the only currency they would accept..oh and it had to be cash only....crooks)

but anyway we got the visa decision around the end of June and now are enjoying some time together

carlyann

Post by carlyann » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:34 pm

Loads of things!!!! and for those who are self employed through a limited company there are many new requirements.

It won't of much interest to you but I am posting this a link to a thread on the evidential requirements (which are in addition to the requirement minimum financial requirement) for a limited company in case anyone comes across this thread who is applying now - as it is no longer applicable to those applying after 9th July.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=112742

Congratulations once again
Hoping to be reunited soon