ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (O) AND FLR (M) QUESTIONS?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gold_mk12
Newly Registered

SET (O) AND FLR (M) QUESTIONS?

Post by gold_mk12 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:52 pm

Dear all
I’m new to this forum. I’m going to apply for ILR in 10 years long residency type, end of October. I need your help to send my one and my dependant’s application.please seniors help me.

First after read all your previous post, I understand that i have to use SET (O) for my application with passport and Life in the uk test pass letter. And i have to send my one first and their later date

I have 3 dependents wife and two children (3 yrs and 5 yrs) both born here in UK and wife join with me in 2005. I have been 6 yrs student and 2 yrs PSW and 2 yrs TIER 1 (G). Our tier 1 (G) visa end on 31st December 2012.
From your post, that i have to use FLR (M) to apply for them .but some post says you can apply ILR for dependent (after 9th July rule) is it right? Please help me
If i use FLR (M) DO I NEED TO SHOW THE FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT (FOR MY 3 DEPENDENT 24800 POUNDS).
Can i not to apply for my children for visa (flr-m)until I get my ILR(EVEN THEIR VISA EXPIRED )and only apply for my wife (it’ because of financial requirement issue) THEN APPLY FOR BRITISH CITIZEN? Any issue?

Thank you to all

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:18 pm

First, let's get the less complicated bit out of the way: it is not necessary for your UK born children to apply for ILR, unless you have a very good reason for doing do. Your Uk born children can proceed with the citizenship route immediately after you get your ILR. Their status now or after you get ILR is irrelevant, as long as there are no immediate travel plans now or for a few months after you get your ILR and while their citizenship is on process.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

gold_mk12
Newly Registered

Post by gold_mk12 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:06 pm

THANKYOU wpilr_nov12 for you reply,
that you mean i don't need to apply for my childs now. so i can only proceed the application for my wife. do i need to use FLR(M)? OR use any other forms?? please
thanks for your help

downlights

Post by downlights » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:15 am

Base on what I understood of your post,

-(To answer your question quoted below) Current version of SET(O) form say that dependents can't apply along main applicant under 10yr basis. As stated, theirs will be refused.

-The case for your UK born children is somewhat simpler, ie, when you get ILR, you can register them to become citizen.

-As for your wife, there is no provision for dependent's ILR under 10yr basis. This presents her with two choice (1) 10yr basis in her own right (2) 5yr as PBS migrant. In either case it would be 2015 we're talking about since PSW doesn't count for settlement purpose. I am not sure if using FLR(M) would reset the ILR clock for her but see bullet point 1 of this [url]http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ettlement/ [/url]

I'm sure senior will be able to help you better; but the following scenario is a possible (although costly) work around.

-All of you extend your Tier 1 visa on or shortly after 03 December. In this case you need not come up with the large maintenance funds as the old rules apply.[url]http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ent-funds/[/url]

-As soon as visa extended, post yours only for ILR under 10yr basis.

-With the Tier 1 extension your wife gets enough visa until she qualifies for ILR

-When you get ILR, register BC for your children

[quote]"gold_mk12"]Dear all
...some post says you can apply ILR for dependent (after 9th July rule) is it right? Please help me
If i use FLR (M) DO I NEED TO SHOW THE FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT (FOR MY 3 DEPENDENT 24800 POUNDS).
...[/quote]

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:33 pm

downlights wrote:-All of you extend your Tier 1 visa on or shortly after 03 December. In this case you need not come up with the large maintenance funds as the old rules apply.http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ent-funds/

-As soon as visa extended, post yours only for ILR under 10yr basis.
Expensive proposition, and IMHO, useless unless the OP has problem in meeting the financial requirements for one FLR(M) application for spouse.

OP,

It is unlikely that your settlement application will be decided before 31-Dec-12 (before your wife's current leave expires), so:
1. Spouse - FLR(M) application.
2. Child(ren) - as already suggested in the first response.
Last edited by geriatrix on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

gold_mk12
Newly Registered

Post by gold_mk12 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:24 pm

Hi
Thank you very much to downlight and sushdmehta for your quick reply.
As you said i’m going to apply using set(O) for my visa application and it’s only me. I’m eligible for 10 years base ilr end of October.( i plan to apply end of september)
1.For my wife i have to use flr(m) to apply ,before he tier 1 dependant visa expires.( 31st dec 2012)
What about the financial requirement i only need to show 18600 pounds? Am i correct? Please advise me
2. for my childrens , i’ii wait till i get my ILR. BUT i’m sure home office is not that fast to send my ilr before end of december. In that case my childrens tier 1 dependent visa will expires and they are overstay of their visas. Is it not a matter even their visa expires? ? and after i got my ilr when i try to apply for british book for them is their any problem?? Please advice me

Thanks in advance

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:34 pm

1. Financial requirement.
2. If you are unsure if your settlement will be approved (for any reason), then you should definitely include your child(ren) in your spouse's FLR(M) application, given that they have been issued leave to enter / remain and their (over)stay in UK beyond 31-Dec-12 will become an issue if your settlement application is refused for any reason. Other than that, the children's overstay in UK will have no effect on their MN1 application if your settlement application is approved.
Last edited by geriatrix on Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gold_mk12
Newly Registered

Post by gold_mk12 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:35 pm

thank you , sushdmehta
i have no problem in my 10 yrs in uk. 6 yrs student and 2 yrs psw and 2 yrs tier 1 (g). and no gap and no long gap outside uk. hopefully i will get without any problem. in this case i am very pleased your advice and go for my children s matter.
and as you mention the link i only need 18600 pounds for my wife application that i can show through my payslip.
thank you again for your help and i will update my details after i apply .

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:18 pm

Just make sure that you do not make a mistake in filling up the application form, use the specified SET(O) form at the time, use a payment option that removes any risk of payment not getting through (e.g. - postal order instead of card), use special delivery (keep proof of posting safe) and make sure you send all the necessary documents alongwith.

That way you will be able to eliminate all potential risks of the application being refused for some stupid reason.

hemalay

Post by hemalay » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:43 pm

@ Sushmehta: Please correct me if I am wrong

1- gold_mk12's wife is already in the UK as dependent therefore new financial requirement rules will not apply.

2- Although gold_mk12's wife is already dependent she need to change to spouse of stellated person by using FLR(O) (most probably) or FLR(M).

I am in similar circumstances (already have settlement under long residence) with my wife's FLR(M)/ FLR(O) appointment on 8th October and SET (M) appointment on 12th.

sushdmehta wrote:1. Financial requirement.
2. If you are unsure if your settlement will be approved (for any reason), then you should definitely include your child(ren) in your spouse's FLR(M) application, given that they have been issued leave to enter / remain and their (over)stay in UK beyond 31-Dec-12 will become an issue if your settlement application is refused for any reason. Other than that, the children's overstay in UK will have no effect on their MN1 application if your settlement application is approved.
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:15 pm

My mistake. Looks like I provided the wrong link above (financial requirement)! :(

Appendix E - Row 11 explains the transitional arrangements for such case. Have amended the link in previous response as well.
Last edited by geriatrix on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:58 pm

gold_mk12 wrote:Hi all
Please help me to fill up flr(M) section 4.i have applied for ILR under 10 years long residency last week. Now i have to apply for my wife and children because their visa due next month (tier1 dependent). I ‘m not applying for my children as they born in uk. Once I got my ilr I can use MN1 for them. I only apply for my wife now using flr(M).
My question is when I fill flr(M) section4 they ask about children’s dependent applying with you.
In the form they said “In this section include any children under the age of 18 who are living with you in the UK and who are applying as your dependants. It is mandatory to complete this section as required. Please note this application will be invalid if you do not””

Do I need to fill this section?? Even i didn’t add my children in this form. OR don’t need to fill this section?and
4. 1 Do you and your sponsor have any children together?
Yes No
In above question in section 4.1 you have to say “”yes”” if we have childrens. I’m confuse
Senior’s and peoples who already apply under this situation please advice me
Thanks in advance

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:01 pm

In this section include any children under the age of 18 who are living with you in the UK and who are applying as your dependants
gold_mk12 wrote:I ‘m not applying for my children as they born in uk.
So ...

gold_mk12
Newly Registered

Post by gold_mk12 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:53 pm

hi sushdmehta,
that mean you don't need to fill this section? please correct me.
thanks

gold_mk12
Newly Registered

Post by gold_mk12 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:38 pm

please anyone answer my query.
many thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:47 pm

In this section include any children under the age of 18 who are living with you in the UK and who are applying as your dependants
The statement is self-explanatory, in simple English.

gold_mk12
Newly Registered

Post by gold_mk12 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:22 pm

many thanks, sushdmehta,
just worrying abt their wording and make sure they not make invalid
thanks