ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Professional Referee for My 1.5 year Old Daughter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ak36

Post by ak36 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:23 pm

Hi all,

I am due to apply for my daughter's British Citizenship on MN1 for under Section 1(3). There is a requirement in section 5 of the application form for two referees to declare child's identity based on the regular contacts of child with these referees. One of the referees has to be a professional and there is a list available on UKBA website which shows who can be a professional referee.

MN1 Guidance notes has stated only Teacher, Health Visitor, Social Worker and Minister of Religion as the approved referees. I know from the UKBA list that there are other people who can be referees in her case but what about that bit in the application form which says 'each referee should know the child personally'?

Our Surgery has clearly said that it is not their policy to sign any letter for immigration purpose or British Citizenship so that door is unfortunately closed which is very strange because they are the people who have regularly seen my daughter. I then contacted my local Children Centre to see if a Health Visitor is willing to this for us but there was the same answer from them as well. I obviously cannot go to a teacher because my daughter is only 1.5 years and is still too young to go to any school.

My question is that can my neighbours be the referees for my daughter as they know her well and have seen her on regular basis. Would this be acceptable to the Home Office? If not, what else can I do with this mystery? Please help.

Kind regards,
a36

Glc

Post by Glc » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:38 pm

Any professional person known to you may act as a referee for your daughter in the event that you are unable to find any other suitable referee for her. Home Office is less strict when it comes to this.

ak36

Post by ak36 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:53 pm

Thanks Glc.

So you reckon if I get both the references for my daughter from ordinary people in my neighbour, then they will be acceptable to the Home Office? As mentioned before, she is only a year and half so it would be very harsh if the Home Office stick to their formalities in her case as well. Any advice please?

Thanks,
ak36

hsmp_victory

Post by hsmp_victory » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:42 am

I used my child's GP and one of my friend/colleague (professional engineer) who knew me for 4+ years as refrees for my child passport application. But GPs charge some money for it. £40/- in my case.

ak36

Post by ak36 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:54 pm

Thanks hsmp_victory.

How about Commissioner for Oaths?
I know they will charge me for this service but they should also be qualified to do so because they are included in the Home Office list of approved referees.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:54 am

Section 1(3) registration is an entitlement so probably cannot be refused even if no referee is supplied.