ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - worried about a case against us by landlord

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anjalimaj
Newly Registered

ILR - worried about a case against us by landlord

Post by anjalimaj » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:10 pm

Hi,

We recently moved out of a property which was infested by bedbugs. We have pictures and video taken of the property when we moved in with bugs and insects infestation. We verbally informed the maintanence guy who was sent to repair the lock as per the letting agents instructions at the time of occupancy. We moved out and the letting agents said the flat is in good condition and the deposit was returned to us. Now the landlord is mailing us saying we should have informed her about this issue earlier as it is costing more now and we sense she is planning for legal actions against us. I am worried if this case will obstruct my ILR and should I mention about it going forward in any of my application forms? Please advice as I am so concerned about it.

panther80
inactive

Post by panther80 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:19 pm

you shouldn't worry about this. It is not a criminal offense unless you have damaged any part of the property.

anjalimaj
Newly Registered

Post by anjalimaj » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:23 pm

No we havent damaged anything but she claims that she had to throw away few furnitures because we did not inform. I am not sure if its civil or criminal offense :(

panther80
inactive

Post by panther80 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:47 pm

Well you did not throw it away, so you could not be blamed and it is not a criminal offence.

anjalimaj
Newly Registered

Post by anjalimaj » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:25 pm

Thanks very much for your reply.. I appreciate it..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Offence(s) do not affect settlement application, an unspent criminal conviction will.
In this case, not even a formal complaint has been made yet, so why are you worried?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!