ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) Form - question about section 5

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pyrus
Newly Registered

SET(O) Form - question about section 5

Post by Pyrus » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:32 pm

Hi, I'm just filling in my form to send off tomorrow hopefully and I have a query about section 5, it's worded quite loosely.

I have to fill in the following:
SOC code (this one I know)

Current rate of Pay (as stated in the Codes of Practice - hourly rate or annual salary) - Does this mean, what the SOC code rate of pay is, or my actual salary?
(The SOC code which is relevant to me gives an annual rate of pay)

Number of hours this salary is based on - does this question ask for how many hours I work a year, if I give my annual rate of pay?

Number of weekly hours
- is this my contracted number of hours I have to work?

Thank you.

legendz
Newly Registered

Post by legendz » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:24 pm

Hi there

I phoned HO yesterday regarding this same issue; the man I spoke to said that they realise that this is very unclear but they have done nothing to change the form! He is not sure himself what the correct answer would be!

I said to him that it sounds like it should be the salary listed as the SOC code rate, but if that's the case, then my actual salary would be nowhere on that form, only in the letter from my employer and on my payslip of course.

I said I will list the salary as the SOC code rate of pay, and will put a note next to it with my salary. I will also mention this in my cover letter.
I assume the weekly hours will be your contracted hours; mine is 37.5 per week. He didn't know what they asked with that question either!
I hope this will be of some help; good luck!

Pyrus
Newly Registered

Post by Pyrus » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:03 pm

Hello,

I got my HR dept to call up today, and they said that the rate of pay the form is asking for is what you are actually earning now. Not the minimum rate as specified by the SOC code.

I also called them separately, and got the same answer.
It's really quite unclear, and the UKBA rep I spoke to actually said to me "if you read it carefully, you will see that the form is asking you for your current rate of pay".... :shock:

And yes, the two remaining boxes would be your contracted number of hours, which is usually 37.5 - this if for both boxes (unless you work less than your contracted hours.)

Hope this helps!

legendz
Newly Registered

Post by legendz » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:23 pm

Thanks for that, I would have got it wrong then! You obviously spoke someone more clued-up :lol:

Good luck with your application, I am trying to get a PEO appointment as I don't want to wait for 6 months but no luck yet. Will try again at midnight, going to be a looong day again tomorrow :)