ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Back to future :)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Maira

Back to future :)

Post by Maira » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:50 am

HSMP processing is now reversing (going on back dates) :shock:

Check the date now ..22

It showed 23 yesterday

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... rvice.html?

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:55 am

Ya I checked it yesterday evening its changed.Very strage ... i dont undestand whats taking them this long to process applications.

:wink:

Maira

Post by Maira » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:05 pm

One more funny thing

"~LATEST

9 August 2004 - New arrangements have been put in place to help speed up the processing of applications. CLICK HERE for information about current operational service levels."

from

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... rmits.html

They are thinking ways to speed up the process therefore they are processing the application back dated i.e already processed :o

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:16 pm

Maria et al,

The HSMP team currently recieves about 700 applications per week (about 140 applications per day)...

... assuming two teams of 10 case workers gives a total of 20 HSMP case workers..

..since August is the main summer holiday period - then assume that 30% of staff are off at any one day leaving 14 case workers each day..

..with 140 applications recieved per day - that means each case worker is getting assigned 10 applications per day

with a typical local government working day of 7 hours (allowing for lunch and breaks) - every case worker has to review 3 applications every 2 hours..

..this is time consuming - no wonder they have started working 'back wards' :roll:
Where there is a will there is a way.

ChandraSP

Post by ChandraSP » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:34 pm

I didn't understand this in the above link.

Leave to Remain applications sent to ATOS, Cannock before 15 July 2004 : 25-May-04
Leave to Remain applications sent to ATOS Cannock after 15 July 2004 :22-Jul-04

Is another batch working on review of the applications received after July 15th?

Just wondering? :o

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:41 pm

maira,
you know Olympics are near. For any long jump the player has to go back a little and race forward for a big leap. Hope HO does the same and get a big record leap :wink:

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:46 pm

chess wrote
with a typical local government working day of 7 hours (allowing for lunch and breaks) - every case worker has to review 3 applications every 2 hours..
if that is so then according to your estimate it will be 84 applications ( 1 person 6 applications per day & 14 people at work) Thats not posible. They are processing 20/30 per day. [ Excluding the urgent, re-apply & query cases]

bugmaster

Post by bugmaster » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:14 pm

raoms,

what Chess wrote is a guess. It would be nice if someone had the "internal" information how many caseworkers actually work but simply it isn't the case.
I know "the waiting" drives crazy most of us but only official anouncements are something to rely on.

Cheers
To light a candle is to cast a shadow...

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:21 pm

Guyz,

During April 2004 - HSMP team was recieving 600 applications a week - my guess is that this number has now increased to between 650 and 700....

...Another guess of mine is that each case has to be reviewed by atleast one more Caseworker for quality assurance purposes!

I remember saying in early part of this year that by the end of summer the waiting will be about 6 months...not far off - patience is a virtue :wink:
Where there is a will there is a way.