ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR Query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ish_78

FLR Query

Post by ish_78 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:19 am

My employer had applied for a work permit and I got it finally. Now I will apply for my FLR, Is there any chance that FLR can be rejected or Has anybody heard of any FLR refusal case??

Regards,

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:07 pm

If your EC history is 'clean' in the UK then it is very likely that your FLR application will be approved straight away.

Rejection example cases : if you were a student or ex-WP holder and 'over stayed' more than 6 months in UK after the expiry of your VISA, then its more likely for your EC application to be rejected, unless you can prove there were valid reasons for overstaying.

ish_78

Post by ish_78 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:20 pm

My application was in country application. Basically Work permit transfer case. I have been working in uk for more than two years. everything is clean.
Actually I have to give notice to my current employer thats why I was wondering.
One more question..
In my previous work permits, my salary n role were clearly written but the letter I have recieved from home office now, Just says that your application has been approved for XX months and You shd apply for FLR and allll..
So i was wondering whether they have changed the rules not to specify salary n other details on work permit or they will send that letter after FLR stamping on my passport. The letter I have recieved is first letter???? What does it mean actually??

Please help..

Regards,
Ish

uniuni
Newly Registered

My case

Post by uniuni » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:18 am

Hi ish_78!

I have exactly the same question.

I got a WP approval letter and a FLR sticker on my passport but I'm wondering where is my 'WP certificate' if such a thing exists.
The lines written in your WP letter seems roughly the same as mine.
I thought I would receive a certificate type of document when I get my passport back but I haven't got anything else than my FLR sticker (and a brief letter from the HO).

When I leave UK for holidays and re-enter the country, what sort of document should I show to immigration officers? (or is it not neccesary?) Now I've only got a WP approval letter and my passport with FLR to show...nothing else. (though I've got a letter from my employer)

My FLR sticker shows the place of issue, which is WPUK Moorfoot. I understand that this indicates my status as a WP holder but I'm still worried. I checked with my friend who recently got a FLR as a'student'. The only difference between our stickers is this place of issue bit.

I would like to know what else you get from the HO when you receive your passport.

Regards,

uniuni

Sam123

Correspondence from HO

Post by Sam123 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:40 am

I am just wondering when employer apply for a WP, who receives a letter Efrom HO, Employer or Employee about the outcome. It is a In- Country application.

Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

ish_78

Post by ish_78 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:42 am

Employer will recieve the letter and not the employee..

Can anybody help about my questions?

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:55 am

So i was wondering whether they have changed the rules not to specify salary n other details on work permit or they will send that letter after FLR stamping on my passport. The letter I have recieved is first letter???? What does it mean actually??
There are two parts for a WP extention (this is based on my exp about 2 years back

1) Approval of WP criteria
2) In country decision team' approval for FLR

For 1) The letter from WP-UK office doesnt state any salary details or job title etc. It only states your name and the duration for the current WP extention.

For 2) You soon going to receive another letter along with FLR stamped on your passport. That letter will have all your details that you are looking for. So patiently wait for that - there may be some backlog hence the delay.

Cheers.

uniuni
Newly Registered

No letter with my passport!

Post by uniuni » Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:50 am

Hi Vin123,

According to your comment, it seems that applicants should receive a letter along with their stamped passport.

But I haven't received such a letter when I got my passport back. I only received a letter of approval for my FLR.
Apparently something is missing...because I haven't got any document stating my employment details. Or have they changed their rules yet again???

I spoke to the HO (in-contry team) but they keep saying 'we don't deal with it'.
So who should I speak to about my specific case? How can I know who actually processed my application?

Anyway I would like to wait until other people on this forum receive their passports back.

uniuni

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:12 pm

Hi uni

The experience I shared is more than 2 years old and may have become obsolete as WP-UK and HO keep adding new 'processes and work-flow routes'. I think this is aimed to make the system efficient and minimize their workloads.

As far as I understand it, within the country, WP approval and FLR approval is still followed by two different desks.
But I haven't received such a letter when I got my passport back. I only received a letter of approval for my FLR.
The letter would have gone straight to your employer. Check with them. If the letter is still missing, your employer can always request a copy if you quote your WP reference number.

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:22 pm

There are two letters these days. One that simply states that the work permit has been approved and the other that has info like salary, job title etc. The employer (or representative) would have received it, so ask them.

uniuni
Newly Registered

Thank you so much.

Post by uniuni » Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:14 pm

Hi Vin123 and Kawasaki1

Thank you for your comments.
I'll ask my employer if they received any letter from the HO.

Many thanks.

uniuni

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:45 pm

ish,

How long did it take for the workpermit application for the approval ? And also can you start working before getting a decision on FLR ?

Or R u watiing for the FLR decision ?

ish_78

Hi

Post by ish_78 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:57 pm

ND,

Work permit application approval took just 5-6 days.
No, You cant start working with the new employer till you get your FLR stamped for that particular IED(Work permit). I am waiting for FLR decision but I am also working with my previous employer.

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:25 pm

So r u on notice period.And also how long does it take for overall process ?

ish_78

Post by ish_78 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:18 pm

It takes around one and half month.. 7 days for work permit and rest for FLR decision.

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:01 am

Thanks ish.And one more question for FLR can we go in-person to the HO and can we get the stamping on the same day ?

I know the some students go in-person to HO ? Is this facility available to the Workpermit holders ?

:wink:

ish_78

Post by ish_78 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:35 am

I m afraid this is not possible for work permit holders. Ahhh missing the good old days are u ;)

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:41 am

ya defnitely.If we have that option can we can easity move jobs if we have a sponser or else whos going to take the burden of waitng for 2 months for recruiting a Foriegn national.You are lucky to have the employer waiting for you.