ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension out of UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adnanmanzoor

Tier 1 Extension out of UK

Post by adnanmanzoor » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:34 am

Hello

I m a tier 1 migrant and my visa is going to expire on 24th of this month. After living for 6 months in UK, i came back to my country for some consultancy and freelance work. My income from that work which i m going to receive after the expiry of my visa will be around 35 lacs PKR. I just wanted your guidance regarding how should i get my visa extended. My visa is going to end in few days, i m going to receive my income in coming moths for work which i delivered during the currency of my visa. But the work was done outside UK and I have not paid any NI and Taxes because all the income has been generated from outside UK where my tax is going to be deducted at source.

Please guide me how should I approach my case for the extension from outside UK..
Adnan

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:13 am

Tier 1 general applications can only be made from inside the UK. If you haven't yet been paid the income you wish to rely on then you won't be able to claim points for it. You also can't apply the uplift factor to overseas earnings for an extension (i say this because 35 lakhs is only about £22,500 GBP.

adnanmanzoor

Post by adnanmanzoor » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:30 am

But the income will be from the same period. I have other income too.. i can show it.. I just want to know if I can apply from outside UK? I can prove almost 35K GBP income. Is it that you receive the income or you earn the income. I believe there is a delicate difference between the two. if my income is earned during the visa period regardless of when it is paid, i believe it should be counted?. Can I come on visit visa and than apply for the extension while within UK? or Can I apply through my solicitor?
Adnan

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:47 am

adnanmanzoor wrote: I just want to know if I can apply from outside UK?
No.
adnanmanzoor wrote:Can I come on visit visa and than apply for the extension while within UK?
No.
adnanmanzoor wrote:Can I apply through my solicitor?
Only if you are physically in the UK as a Tier 1 (General) migrant.
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:51 am

You can't rely on income you haven't yet been paid. No you can't enter as visitor and then apply, no your solicitor cannot apply on your behalf in your absence. You have to be present in the UK to make the application.

adnanmanzoor

Post by adnanmanzoor » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:39 am

Not through courts even?
Adnan

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:54 am

No, because you have to give your biometrics - in the UK.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... l-form.pdf

askhan
United Kingdom

re

Post by askhan » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:06 pm

Tier 1 Extension is for applicants who are in UK [ONLY].

You cannot apply from outside UK in any mean.

I Hope it answers your question.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

adnanmanzoor

Post by adnanmanzoor » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:09 pm

Thank You All
Adnan

skandhu
Newly Registered

Tier-I extension from Abroad - outside UK

Post by skandhu » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi,

I have a Tier-I general visa, valid till June 2013. But, we are living in India for the past 9 months. Could we still go to UK & apply for extension of Tier-I visa ?? Do we have that option at all, if we desire to go back to the UK?

If anyone could clarify.
Thanks.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:08 pm

Unless you come here to make use of your visa before applying for extension, you will be wasting your time and effort trying to extend. It is technically possible and no rules prevent you from doing this, but practical reasons would make it almost impossible:

1. Your leave could be curtailed when you enter the UK as you are not using your visa for its intended purpose.
2. PEO appointments are scarce and postal applications take up to 6 months. During this time you would have to be in the UK as you would have no passport to travel with.
3. Even if you got PEO appointment, the time taken to post BRP's vary and you would have to supply a UK address for this to be sent to. As all your earnings would be overseas, it is unlikely that you would receive a decision on the same day anyway.

So there's nothing stopping you from doing this, but plenty preventing you...
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.