ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

254 Days Outside Uk For Ilr

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shin25

254 Days Outside Uk For Ilr

Post by shin25 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:39 pm

Following is my status. Tier 1 general

HSMP Visa granted on September 2007
Entered UK November 2007 (2 months after visa being granted)
Went on a holiday (PAid leave) in May 2008 (10 days)
Went on holiday (PAid leave) in Oct 2008 (17 days)
Went on holiday on July 2009 (17 Days)
Went on hoiday on Jan 2010 (16 Days)
Went on holiday on May 2010 (9 days)
Went on holiday on Oct 2010 (9 days)
Went on holiday on April 2011 (16 days)
Went on company work on August 2010 (44 days) (For company work to train offshort people, have compnays letter) Paid leave, was paying bills and apt rent.
Went on personal visit on jan 2012 (88 days)
Dad was not well and so had to go there as I am the only son and my presence was required
I have pay slips ( but through my limited compnay to show that I have been drawing salary)
Went paid vacation in August 2012 (11 days)
Planning to go for marriage in Nov (17 days)

My total days is 254 days outside UK in which only one leave 88 days is for a personal visit. I can still show salary drawn through my limited compnay.

Could you please advice whats the best apprach for me to apply for ILR. I had to take that one big leave because of my dad;s health. Is there any medical certificate that I need to provide for this?

Regards,

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:46 pm

i think you will be fine as you donot have any absence more than 90 days. 180 days is still breached but then you have reasons to exclude your business visits i.e., 44 days.

Well prepared application pack is recommended!
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

shin25

Post by shin25 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:03 pm

uksettlement wrote:i think you will be fine as you donot have any absence more than 90 days. 180 days is still breached but then you have reasons to exclude your business visits i.e., 44 days.

Well prepared application pack is recommended!
Thanks a lot "UkSettlement" your answer helps.
Even if I remove the work period of 44 days I am still around 210 days outside UK that still breaches the 180 days.
Could you please recommend what letters I need to show in case of my dad's health problems to make the case stronger.

Thanks a lot for taking time to answer my query.

Much appreciated.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:13 pm

Proof that your dad was living alone and needed you to stay with him Etc etc
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

shin25

Post by shin25 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:10 pm

uksettlement wrote:Proof that your dad was living alone and needed you to stay with him Etc etc
Thanks a lot for responding. My mum was there, but my presence is also required as both of them are aged. 61 yrs and 72 yrs.
Do I need any letter from the doctor? Do we have any specific format for this ? Could you please provide me some pointers?

Much appreciated

Regards,

shin25

Post by shin25 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:30 pm

Any answers please?

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:34 pm

To be honest you should be fine as you don't have more than 90 days absence. Try and see if any of the other vistas could be termed as official work trips?
Thanks!