ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

28 Days Rule for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tanya2012
Newly Registered

28 Days Rule for ILR

Post by Tanya2012 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:48 am

Just to be more clear :- My Status: 2yr HSMP granted on Feb 2008, 3 yr Tier 1(General) Migrant visa granted on 8th Feb, 2010, I am self employed but now on permanent job - on payroll aswel. No Depandant. Eligible for ILR - Jan2013

Q1: Its my very first post appologies for anything repeating but - Reading through the whole board, i am unable to have the clear idea regarding the ILR - 28 rule? As it goes - 28 DAYS - which means weekends are included aswel? Don't we lose the few days in that 28 days when obiviously the PEOs are non functional? Is the D-Day to qualify the exact 28th day prior, no matter if its the weekend?

Q2: I am self emplyed as well on permanant job. I can satisfy the points required for salary be alone from my current employment, Just wondering would it be a good idea to ignore attaching the accounts from self emplyment? - Only thinking on the basis for simplyfying my application SET(O)?

Every suggestion is welcomed and many thanks in advance :)

P.S (Moderators): this is a wonderful board and a weldone job!

Regards,
Tanya

Fairychild

Post by Fairychild » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:44 pm

yes exactly 28 days, weekends included

I would saying going with employment only and keeping it simple is best if you are applying in person.

adnanmirza

Post by adnanmirza » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:20 pm

my understanding is that you can apply 28 calendars days before your 5th work year anniversary i.e approximately 4 years and 11 months after you get your HSMP in feb 2008

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Have a look at this link for the 28 day rule. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ettlement/
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:42 pm

uksettlement wrote:Have a look at this link for the 28 day rule. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ettlement/
Not sure the above link would help.

You may take a look at this http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary if you require documentary evidence of the ILR guidance for continous period in the UK.

Q1: Its my very first post appologies for anything repeating but - Reading through the whole board, i am unable to have the clear idea regarding the ILR - 28 rule? As it goes - 28 DAYS - which means weekends are included aswel? Don't we lose the few days in that 28 days when obiviously the PEOs are non functional? Is the D-Day to qualify the exact 28th day prior, no matter if its the weekend?

- Ans: Yes it is the exact 28 days prior to the anniversary of the date your entry clearance was stamped. Obviously, if it falls on a weekend/bank holiday, you may apply from the next working day.

Q2: I am self emplyed as well on permanant job. I can satisfy the points required for salary be alone from my current employment, Just wondering would it be a good idea to ignore attaching the accounts from self emplyment? - Only thinking on the basis for simplyfying my application SET(O)?
- Ans: Keep it simple! If your salary from your current employer satisfied the points required, please only provide that.

Wish you luck.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

- Vince Lombardi

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:29 pm

Hi Ajay,

Not sure if you even looked at the link...extract copied for your reference!

Please do not send us your application more than 28 days before you become eligible to apply. If you do, we may refuse your application with no refund of the application fee (if a fee is charged for your application type). However, you must make your application before your current permission to stay in the UK expires.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.