ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Team memeber's passport No

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adeeltariq82
BANNED

Team memeber's passport No

Post by adeeltariq82 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:53 pm

Dear all,

I am applying for Tier 1 entrepreneur in a week's time, My entrepreneur team member's passport is expiring in 5 months and he has applied for a new passport, which he is likely to get in 2 weeks. My question is Can I write his existing passport no on my application or do i need to wait for his new passport ..

Thanks

rajm2012

Re: Team memeber's passport No

Post by rajm2012 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:39 am

adeeltariq82 wrote:Dear all,

I am applying for Tier 1 entrepreneur in a week's time, My entrepreneur team member's passport is expiring in 5 months and he has applied for a new passport, which he is likely to get in 2 weeks. My question is Can I write his existing passport no on my application or do i need to wait for his new passport ..

Thanks
No, you have to send his passport. If you cannot send passport, you have to send another document. Please read the following:

157. Appendix B of the Immigration Rules states that only specified documents will be accepted as
evidence of this requirement. The specified documents are:
i) Current valid original passport or travel document
If you are unable to submit your current original passport or travel document at the time of
the application you must give full reasons for this in the Passport Information section of the
application form.
The only valid exceptional circumstances in which alternative specified documents may be
provided are where your current passport or travel document has:
• been lost;
• been stolen;
• expired and been returned to the relevant authorities;
• been sent to another part of the UK Border Agency.
If your passport or travel document is not available for one of the reasons above, you may
exceptionally provide the following alternative specified documents:
ii) Current national identity document
iii) Original letter from your home government or embassy. This document must be original, on
the letter-headed paper of the government or embassy and must bear the official stamp of
that institution. It must have been issued by an authorised official of that institution and must
confirm your:
• full name;
• date of birth; and
• nationality.

Source: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dance1.pdf