ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

proof of cohibition - is it needed for SET(O) ILR ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahid2000
Member of Standing

proof of cohibition - is it needed for SET(O) ILR ?

Post by shahid2000 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:47 pm

Hi guys,

I have an upcoming application in a couple of months time under SET(O). I have been looking at various posts and a lot of people are preparing proof of cohibition for dependents such as spouse etc with their application.
I have looked at the application form and the guide and i cannot find anywhere where it is asking for proof of cohibition. In fact i cannot find any place where it says any requirements for dependants. I could be missing it somehow.
Can somone please guide me where to look or why everyone is preparing for if it is not asked on the form?

Many Thanks.

nmm

Post by nmm » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:57 pm

Please check SET(O) form page 40 section 11A, 7th requirement is cohabitation documents

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:14 pm

nmm wrote:Please check SET(O) form page 40 section 11A, 7th requirement is cohabitation documents
Thanks a lot. It still does not say what to use as proof. I think my wife threw away all the old letters and i dont think we will have any document with both of our names on it, except may be the tenancy agreement.
Is there any further details mentioned anywhere as to what can be used as proof?

Thanks.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:25 pm

shahid2000 wrote:
nmm wrote:Please check SET(O) form page 40 section 11A, 7th requirement is cohabitation documents
Thanks a lot. It still does not say what to use as proof. I think my wife threw away all the old letters and i dont think we will have any document with both of our names on it, except may be the tenancy agreement.
Is there any further details mentioned anywhere as to what can be used as proof?

Thanks.
Found this thread, very informative
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... cohibition

nmm

Post by nmm » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:27 pm

Tenancy agreement is fine. You can submit separate documents like bank statements, water gas or electricity bill, having same address. Normally council tax is a document that contain both name. Most of these docs can be printed online or ask them to provide a copy

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:04 pm

nmm wrote:Tenancy agreement is fine. You can submit separate documents like bank statements, water gas or electricity bill, having same address. Normally council tax is a document that contain both name. Most of these docs can be printed online or ask them to provide a copy
Just remembered that i should also have car insurance renewal letter and certificates from the last years. My wife is a named driver on my insurance. Can i use it as a proof?