ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Failed naturalisation case. PLEASE help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:44 pm

Dawie wrote:Congratulations! That's excellent news.

I am still confused about your Ukranian status though. I can't understand how they could have refused you a passport because you didn't "have enough connections". You are either a citizen of a country, or you are not. Surely at that stage (when you were trying to get a Ukraine passport) you were a Ukranian citizen by birth? One cannot lose one's citizenship because you have stayed outside your country of birth for too long. Sounds very strange to me, but congratulations anyway!
And I still don't understand how someone can be a refugee or claim asylum from Ukraine!

Udachi Yulka!

British

Post by British » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:47 pm

Hmm - this case also proves that the British govt. and HO do lie to applicants saying they were illegal (and that too in writting) and once that applicant takes them to court/judicial review or whatever it is called, they will happily accept that they (the HO) were wrong or were lying all that time, all under the guise of "a mistake in the files!"

Such a Shame!

What stress that applicant would have gone through all that time! Unimaginable!

This sort of "mistakes in file" that HO likes to proudly admit in courts, makes me really think what all issues are going to open up once Identity card system is in place.

If HO/Govt are not able to manage an immigrant's file correctly, what good they will be at safely and securely maintaining bio-metric and other crucial personal details of people in the ID card system that is going to be compulsory (in the near future), i don't know?

I am now really in doubts about govt's capability to maintain ID card data securly with them, and if that is the case, what all abuse that will end up happening to ID card holders because of any "mistake in ID card data" regime .... My goodness! I cannot just imagine!

Anyway, enough of my ranting...;-) Congrats to the OP! Enjoy your red passport, soon to arrive?? :-)

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:22 pm

Hmm - this case also proves that the British govt. and HO do lie to applicants saying they were illegal (and that too in writting) and once that applicant takes them to court/judicial review or whatever it is called, they will happily accept that they (the HO) were wrong or were lying all that time, all under the guise of "a mistake in the files!"
Do not interpret what I say as supporting the Home Office is this, but compared to what is written above, well there could be another interpretation .. and even that is negative for the Home Office ... but in a rather different way.

Could it be that the Home Office conceded the matter extremely reluctantly? But because of pressure of work they did concede .... to cut down on their workload? In which case a bad mark for the HO not defending their corner properly.

Or maybe somewhere between the two extremes ... they thought they might win but were not totally sure ... so simply gave in gracefully.

In any case, great for yulita11!
John

British

Post by British » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:35 pm

John,

I quite agree to what you are saying and that might be possible too. But my concern here is that the HO did write (in return) to the application of a British naturalisation, that he/she was illegal here in the UK, and later on we find
they were wrong.

Either they just gave away a nationality status to the applicant for "free" which i would strongly not agree too, OR they did lie to the applicant earlier on saying they were illegal here (which is a very substantial lie and cannot be tolerated).

If an average citizen's acto of lying in a court is contempt of court, lying to public (by a govt body) should also be considered a criminal offence. Nobody is above law!

In the British naturalisation application, the HO cleary say that if a person is giving false information to get the citizenship, they can be criminally prosecuted. Similarly i think if hte govt. lies to the applicant, thereby denying nationality status, they should be prosecuted too (criminally).
They cannot just get away by saying there was a mistake in file.

I am worried that if this trend contnues, what will happen if ID holders in future suffer seriously because of the govt's inability to maintain ID card data securely ending up in absuse of the card holders.