ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 visa to Indefinite Leave to Remain

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

steefu
Newly Registered

Tier 1 visa to Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by steefu » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:03 am

Hi,
I am an Indian and my Tier-1 (HSMP) Visa is Expiring in December 2012. I entered the UK in 2002 as a student (M.Sc from University of Nottingham) and later on in 2007 graduated with an MBA from University of Strathclyde. I'm currently a Director of a Company in Scotland and have been with this company for over 5 years. Do I have to take the "Life in the UK Test"?
My wife was educated in India with a post graduation in Computer Science. She does have a certificate from the University stating all courses were taught in English. She has been here since Jan 2011. Does she need to sit for the "Life in the UK Test" as well??
My Visa expires on the 3rd week of December 2012 and can I apply for the extension now as I'm planning to travel during the 3rd week of December!
Kindly advise..
Best regards,
AJ.
[/b]

tier1Reading

Post by tier1Reading » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:11 am

Both of you have to take LIUK test.

If you are applying for ILR under Tier 1 (5 years), then please check these FAQ's....

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378