ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exit/Entry stamp not clear on my passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gguptar4u
Newly Registered

Exit/Entry stamp not clear on my passport

Post by gguptar4u » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:13 am

Hi Gurus,

I will be applying for my ILR soon and was calculating my total number of days outside the UK.

During this exercise i realized that some of my entry/exit stamps are not at all clear on my passport.

Thus can anyone of you kindly share your thoughts as to how I would prove that i was out of the country during that time and on particular dates ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:39 am

1. Search for records of bookings / boarding cards that you may have.
2. Submit a SAR and ask for dates of entry in the UK in the last 5-6 years.
3. If nothing else, try to remember as best as you can.

Keep a record of whatever you mention in the ILR application ... so that you can use the same details for naturalisation application or any other purpose in the future that requires such details. Else, you will be asking the same question then again.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

gguptar4u
Newly Registered

Post by gguptar4u » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:13 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The SAR is a good idea, but in one instance I went to Paris and the entry stamp at CDG is also not very clear.

I am sure UKBA will not have any entries for my exit days.

Thus, how do i get this date clarified ?

Again your response is very appreciated and thanks a lot for that

Regards,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:17 am

UK immigration does not record exit dates. So based on your entry dates that you get through SAR, and you memory of your travels you will have to guess when you exited UK.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!