ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waitwaitwait

Post by waitwaitwait » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:41 am

Still.Waiting wrote:
tigerB wrote:Hi everyone, looking for a bit of advice.

My wife came to the UK on the 3rd July on a fiancee visa. We got married on the 25th August and want to submit our FLR (M) application this week.
Can someone please advise which version I would apply under, the new rules or old rules?

I have no idea which form to use, as I can only find the latest (Version 09/2012) online.

Also, has anyone had difficulty on the website trying to book a premium service appointment? I've been trying every day for 2 weeks and cannot seem to get any appointment at all, in any of the 6 available offices across the country!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)
you would have to apply under new rules as the new rules came under effect in July. And a word of advice keep trying for appointments for premium service and get your visa the same day. It would save you hell of stress and time trying to do it by post!
Yes as per the previous response to your question, You will need to apply under new rules and on UKBA website you can always find the latest version of the form. Also I agree with "Still.Waiting" that keep trying and book a same day appointment if you think your application is straightforward as per the new rules and if you meet the £18-£19k income criteria as the sponsor. Otherwise by post will mean you will wait like us. I have applied mine on 08/02/12 and still waiting for the documents and result of my application.

good luck

tigerB
Newly Registered

Post by tigerB » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:20 am

waitwaitwait wrote:
Still.Waiting wrote:

My wife came to the UK on the 3rd July on a fiancee visa. We got married on the 25th August and want to submit our FLR (M) application this week.
Can someone please advise which version I would apply under, the new rules or old rules?

I have no idea which form to use, as I can only find the latest (Version 09/2012) online.

Also, has anyone had difficulty on the website trying to book a premium service appointment? I've been trying every day for 2 weeks and cannot seem to get any appointment at all, in any of the 6 available offices across the country!

you would have to apply under new rules as the new rules came under effect in July. And a word of advice keep trying for appointments for premium service and get your visa the same day. It would save you hell of stress and time trying to do it by post!
Yes as per the previous response to your question, You will need to apply under new rules and on UKBA website you can always find the latest version of the form. Also I agree with "Still.Waiting" that keep trying and book a same day appointment if you think your application is straightforward as per the new rules and if you meet the £18-£19k income criteria as the sponsor. Otherwise by post will mean you will wait like us. I have applied mine on 08/02/12 and still waiting for the documents and result of my application.

good luck
Thank you very much for the advice guys :)
It must have been coincidental that I was woken up at 1:30am this morning with my wife screaming that there were appointments available for the premium service. So we subsequently booked for the end Oct in the Solihull office (We're based in Reading so not that far).
I've been reading through this thread and its disgusting how the UKBA is handling these applications. I have no doubt that the level of service is higher everywhere else in the world other than inside the UK.
It only took 1 month for my wife to get her fiancee visa in Manila, yet its taking some people here over 6!

One more point - I just spoke to the help line and they said she would have to apply under the old rules as she arrived in the UK on the 3rd July 2012, meaning that she is not required to complete the financial requirements section.

badger111

Post by badger111 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:56 pm

Your wife's fiancee visa was issued BEFORE new rules kicked in, so she will apply under OLD RULES! I know UKBA website is trying to confuse people, but I am familiar with the similar case. My friend's partner got here from Taiwan before new rules, got married after new rules, but still applied under old rules - because his fiancee visa was issued before new rules.

Here is a link for you - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... you-apply/

Please, read this carefully. Especially first sentence, which is: This section is for the husband, wife or civil partner of a British citizen or a person who is settled here who had applied on or before 8 July 2012 for a visa to come to the UK.

shiali
Newly Registered

Post by shiali » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:15 pm

So... wait, just to clarify something.

I know under the new rules we have to meet a minimum income of £18000 before tax, but does that only apply to the sponsor? Can't it be a combination of the sponsor + applicant or even just the applicant alone?

I've applied since 13th July and NO biometrics letter yet, only an acknowledgement letter. Wonderful. :x .

shiali
Newly Registered

Post by shiali » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:28 pm

Ops, sorry. I meant £18600.

And I saw this again from their website so it's okay.

You can meet the financial requirement through:

the income from employment or self employment of your sponsor;
the income from your employment or self employment if you are in the UK;

SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO I JUST WANT A BIOMETRICS LETTER! NOT EVEN CHASING UP FOR MY DOCUMENTS BACK YET :( .

Flrm agony
Newly Registered

call the 087 number

Post by Flrm agony » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:07 pm

[quote="shiali"]Ops, sorry. I meant £18600.

SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO I JUST WANT A BIOMETRICS LETTER! NOT EVEN CHASING UP FOR MY DOCUMENTS BACK YET :( .[/quote]

Just call the 087 number and ask them to submit a request to the sheffield office. You are eligible to ask for that request since you have been waiting for so long.

the same thing happened to me and as soon as they have submitted the request, the letter was sent.
Good luck

shoeswith
Newly Registered

Post by shoeswith » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:15 pm

FLR M App Sent: 17/04/12
Ack Letter: 21/04/12
Biometrics taken: 30/04/12

Waiting! 18/09/12

I know this is an all too familiar story.

I Phoned before but they wont even talk to you if your under 6 months.
Now its six months so I phoned again, you have to go through to the line where you can request your passport back!
Its still under consideration, absolutely no explanation beyond this.
The lady was nice polite etc which is a change from the first time.

What I want to know is is it worth complaining, writing letters, contacting MPs etc or is it just a case of putting up and shutting up. Could it be counter productive etc. Increasingly I feel that this is all part of the system a way of discouraging and penalising those marry out of the UK.

aditipritam

Post by aditipritam » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:52 pm

shoeswith wrote:FLR M App Sent: 17/04/12
Ack Letter: 21/04/12
Biometrics taken: 30/04/12

Waiting! 18/09/12

I know this is an all too familiar story.

I Phoned before but they wont even talk to you if your under 6 months.
Now its six months so I phoned again, you have to go through to the line where you can request your passport back!
Its still under consideration, absolutely no explanation beyond this.
The lady was nice polite etc which is a change from the first time.

What I want to know is is it worth complaining, writing letters, contacting MPs etc or is it just a case of putting up and shutting up. Could it be counter productive etc. Increasingly I feel that this is all part of the system a way of discouraging and penalising those marry out of the UK.
You are nothing to them.. the don't even reply to MP's inquiries for weeks..

Merianz
Newly Registered

a burning question

Post by Merianz » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:27 pm

so if they decide to give me a visa maybe 5 months from now as i have already been waiting for 8 months ,do they state it from the date i applied or they will start counting from the time they decide to give me the visa ,and i will count one year wasted waiting for the visa which i have given up hope ,
Last edited by Merianz on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Merianz
Newly Registered

a burning question

Post by Merianz » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:28 pm

so if they decide to give me a visa maybe 5 months from now as i have already been waiting for 8 months ,do they state it from the date i applied or they will start counting from the time they decide to give me the visa ,and i will count one year wasted waiting for the visa which i have given up hope ,

kuzey50
Newly Registered

Re: a burning question

Post by kuzey50 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:10 am

Merianz wrote:so if they decide to give me a visa maybe 5 months from now as i have already been waiting for 8 months ,do they state it from the date i applied or they will start counting from the time they decide to give me the visa ,and i will count one year wasted waiting for the visa which i have given up hope ,
Hello Merianz,

Your visa will start from the day they made a decision.

regards

girlfromnz81
Newly Registered

Timeline - May application

Post by girlfromnz81 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:07 am

Hey all, I've just received my BRP so it seems that May applications are being processed (there is hope in sight!). My timeline is as follows...

From - Tier 1 General
FLR(M) applied by post – 31 May 2012
Acknowledgement letter dated: 8 June 2012
Biometric letter received: 12 July 2012
Biometrics letter dated: 02 July 2012
Biometrics submitted: 24 July 2012
BRP received: 19 September 2012
BRP dated: 17 September 2012
Documents returned: Waiting

Good luck to everyone still waiting :-)

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:02 pm

shiali wrote:Ops, sorry. I meant £18600.

SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO I JUST WANT A BIOMETRICS LETTER! NOT EVEN CHASING UP FOR MY DOCUMENTS BACK YET :( .
I know before the rules changed the income required could have been from both the sponsor and the applicant as long as the applicant is eligible to work in the UK.

holderp177
Newly Registered

Re: Timeline - May application

Post by holderp177 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:51 pm

I am happy to hear that, I hope mine will be delivered soon, applied a week before you did

girlfromnz81 wrote:Hey all, I've just received my BRP so it seems that May applications are being processed (there is hope in sight!). My timeline is as follows...

From - Tier 1 General

:?: :?: :?: :?:

kid13

Re: Timeline - May application

Post by kid13 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:04 pm

holderp177 wrote:I am happy to hear that, I hope mine will be delivered soon, applied a week before you did

girlfromnz81 wrote:Hey all, I've just received my BRP so it seems that May applications are being processed (there is hope in sight!). My timeline is as follows...

From - Tier 1 General

:?: :?: :?: :?:
Congrats girlfromnz81! But I don't get it, how can they keep on claiming they process things in date order when there are people who applied at the start of the year and are still waiting?? I applied before girlfromnz81 too :( What does it REALLY depend on? They won't tell us.

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:43 pm

Does anyone here know if the caseworkers at UKBA actually look into your attendance at uni before granting you FLR(M) if you are switching from Tier 4 student visa to spouse visa FLR(M) ??

Your responses will be greatly appreciated !

shark5
Newly Registered

Frustrated beyond belief

Post by shark5 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:14 pm

From - Fiance
FLR(M) applied by post – 16 Feb 2012
Biometric letter received: 21 March 2012
Biometrics submitted: 21 March 2012
BRP received: waiting
BRP dated: waiting

I had written to our MP who was very prompt in making an enquiry on my behalf. I have just received the UKBA's response. They say that my application IS STILL WAITING TO BE ALLOCATED TO A CASEWORKER.
I have no idea what is going on there but considering I applied 7MONTHS ago I would have thought the application would atleast have been assigned to one of the snails that deal with the applications.

What a load of bull.

kart
Newly Registered

FLR (M) - Our waiting times

Post by kart » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:31 pm

FLR (M) applied by post - 21st Feb 12
Biometrics done - 23rd Mar 12
Communication from UKBA requesting additional documentation - 31 Aug
Requested docs sent - 05 Sept 12
Docs received - 13 Sept 12
BRP received - 19 Sept 12 (Finally!)

Its been just a day short of 7 months and what a relief after this long and frustrating wait.

BTW, I had sent a mail to my local MP about my wait in July and got a response from him a month later that my case has now been picked from the queue for processing by UKBA.
Looks like it doesnt take long from the time they pick the application for processing.

Hope those who are in similar timelines get a decision soon. Good luck!

kid13

Post by kid13 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:24 pm

Congrats kart! :)

davidalowrie
Newly Registered

Re: FLR (M) - Our waiting times

Post by davidalowrie » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:28 pm

kart wrote:FLR (M) applied by post - 21st Feb 12

Its been just a day short of 7 months and what a relief after this long and frustrating wait.

BTW, I had sent a mail to my local MP about my wait in July and got a response from him a month later that my case has now been picked from the queue for processing by UKBA.
Looks like it doesnt take long from the time they pick the application for processing.

Hi kart, when exactly did you hear back from your MP to tell you your application was picked from the queue? My timline is almost identical to yours and I contacted my MP last week and they gave me a similar response to yours last Thursday.

FLR M

Post by 2222 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:54 pm

Kart,

You said that the UKBA requested additional documents, what kind of additional documents they asked for?

I am still waiting since 27th Feb. :(

Re: FLR (M) - Our waiting times

Post by 2222 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:56 pm

kart wrote:FLR (M) applied by post - 21st Feb 12

Kart,

You said that the UKBA requested additional documents, what kind of additional documents they asked for?

I am still waiting since 27th Feb. 

nholler
Newly Registered

Post by nholler » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:38 am

I just phoned the UKBA and they said they've posted something to me by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery. The advisor said it was probably the return of documents but she can't tell on her screen apparently.

In disbelief at the moment as we applied back on 16th February.

I'll update when I know more..fingers crossed it's the visa.

indespair

Post by indespair » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:37 am

nholler wrote:I just phoned the UKBA and they said they've posted something to me by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery. The advisor said it was probably the return of documents but she can't tell on her screen apparently.

Congrats nholler. At least you have something to look forward to. I read your post and (silly) :) got straight on the phone to UKBA hoping I will get some news as well... but it's not my lucky day as my application is "still under consideration". I applied a couple of days before yourself. So have to carry on waiting.

Btw, I was on hold only 6 minutes :)

mrsclc78

Post by mrsclc78 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:43 am

indespair wrote:
nholler wrote:I just phoned the UKBA and they said they've posted something to me by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery. The advisor said it was probably the return of documents but she can't tell on her screen apparently.

Congrats nholler. At least you have something to look forward to. I read your post and (silly) :) got straight on the phone to UKBA hoping I will get some news as well... but it's not my lucky day as my application is "still under consideration". I applied a couple of days before yourself. So have to carry on waiting.

Btw, I was on hold only 6 minutes :)
Their woolly wording really is starting to bug me. Why do they say things like "still under consideration" when what they actually mean is "still not assigned to a caseworker" or "still not in front of a caseworker's face"? And after as many months as you've been waiting, how is this a service worth paying over £500 for?

I can't imagine any other country in the world right now putting up with this kind of thing, but since it coincides with the government's desire to be seen to be "doing something" as far as illegal immigrants, it seems like those of us trying to do things the legal way just get the shaft. Ugh. So sick of it!

But yes, great news, nholler!