ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Applications (July 2012)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

reetu012

Citizenship Applications (July 2012)

Post by reetu012 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:17 am

Hi all

I am opening this thread to share each other about their applications status for those who applied in July 2012

Date of Application sent : 18 July 2012
Ref No recd : 17 August 2012

please share your experience

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:45 pm

Hi reetu012,

Could you please tell me did you sent the 175 Euro application fees as a postal order or bank draft ? which one would you recommend ?

Cheers,
Zafar

reetu012

Post by reetu012 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:48 pm

postal order

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:56 am

dont matter bank draft or postal order.just check it out which one is cost you a less.good luck

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:02 am

Thanks IQU for the reply. Cost is not a matter, as it would be a difference of only few Euros. In my openion bank draft would be little time consuming as they would send the bank draft to their bank to cash & once the payment hit their account than they will send you acknowledgement letter.

On the other hand postal order could be a quick service in order to cash it. Am i right ?

Cheers,
Zafar

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:57 pm

[quote="zafarzafar80"]Thanks IQU for the reply. Cost is not a matter, as it would be a difference of only few Euros. In my openion bank draft would be little time consuming as they would send the bank draft to their bank to cash & once the payment hit their account than they will send you acknowledgement letter.

On the other hand postal order could be a quick service in order to cash it. Am i right ?

Cheers,
Zafar[/quote] i dont think postal order and bank draft make any difference. they are almost same.bank draft is much better if your sending your money to any international country where postal order can take longer process there

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Thanks IQU

reetu012

Post by reetu012 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi

After applying citizenship application on last 18 July'12 i got reference number from Deptt within one month, although few days ago i lost my part time job, but still my GNIB is valid until May 2014. However with a view of loosing my job, does it affect my application in any way? I am just worrying. I have never availed/ get social welfare benefit.

Please somebody advise.

Thanks

reetu012

Post by reetu012 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:24 pm

Please advise somebody

thx

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:35 pm

Mate, keep away from social welfare, although u have lost ur job and it would be difficult for you to survive. The backlog is near to end & your application would be dealt hopefully until mid of next year.

At present the DOJ is not carrying checks like social welfare but once the backlog is finished they will carry out all the checks and you might end up in trouble for claiming the social welfare.

At the end they will also ask you at some stage to provide them a letter from ur employer / recent payslips & a recent bank statement, so try to get a job ASAP. Good luck

reetu012

Post by reetu012 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:59 am

Hi evenif i lost my job i am not looking for claiming social welfare benefits in anyway as my wives salary is still quite enough to support my family.

So if iam not claiming any social welfare benefits will it be a problem for me in futre? I have already given all supporting documents including my pay slip also of my wives pay slips just for extra safety.

However as i lost my job i may not able to provide payslip again. Will DOJ ask for the same again? If it is so what should i do then? Please advise

reetu012

Post by reetu012 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:11 am

Anybody please advise. thanks

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:20 pm

As i said in my previous post at the end they will also ask you at some stage to provide them a letter from ur employer / recent payslips & a recent bank statement, so try to get a job ASAP

reetu012

Post by reetu012 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:26 pm

If it so, what about those who with stamp-3. As they wont be able to provide Payslips or bank statements, how they can apply then? I think somebody here at this forum got approved those who are having Stamp-3. They might be provided their spouse's bank statement, payslips, if i am not wrong.

It is getting confusing.

About finding a new job, i know, but it is very difficult to get one as you know

Hope to get output from others those who might be in similar situation

reetu012

Post by reetu012 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:53 am

Here is an update for my naturalization application:-

Application sent : 18/07/12
Acknowledgement letter recd : 17/08/12
Second letter recd (from Initial processing team) : 20/09/12

It is very surprised me to get letter from Initial processing team informing that my application was successfull at Initial prcoessing stage and now it is moved to 2nd stage and after completing it, my application will be forwarded to Ministers decision for final approval. It is saying six months period, but i hope to at December ceremony, if the 2nd stage finish fast like in 1st stage.

Hope for better.

thanks

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:56 pm

i am guessing that the second stage is when they wait for garda report, which can take forever sometimes.

gutisopapa
Newly Registered

Would a collision affect the application

Post by gutisopapa » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:24 am

I sent my application for naturalisation recently and some time after that I had an accident with another car and the Garda was asked to come when it happened. I have paid to repair the other car damage. The Garda took my details and said that it was just to record it in their book. I was wondering whether this collision will affect my application?

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:06 pm

Here is my experience:

Date of Application sent : 10 Sept 2012
Ref No received : 25 Sept 2012

dublin08
Newly Registered

Re: Citizenship Applications (July 2012)

Post by dublin08 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:14 am

I applied in July 2012

Date of Application sent : 27 July 2012
Ref No recd : 27 Sep 2012 from initial processing team

there is a gap in my stamps in march and may 2012, wondering would it be proceeded further. As my solicitor said there is no problem with it according to eu law/regulations because i am eu fam from 5 years.

actonye
Newly Registered

Post by actonye » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:49 pm

dublin08 wrote:I applied in July 2012

there is a gap in my stamps in march and may 2012, wondering would it be proceeded further. As my solicitor said there is no problem with it according to eu law/regulations because i am eu fam from 5 years.
man my advise to you would be to talk to your solicitor again, because they are actually not sure what to do when it comes to immigration law. I was in the same boat as you, i had a gap of a few weeks in my stamp in the last year prior to my application, because my embassy could not provide new passports and mine had expired. I went to the GNIB and they told me it was alright and signed me on their computer system. However even after explaining all of this in a letter with my initial application, i was rejected, or at least my application was after 10 months of waiting, because of the break in my stamps. so i would advise that you check again with you solicitors and ensure that somehow you are not kept waiting to hear bad news later. just my opinion.

dublin08
Newly Registered

Post by dublin08 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:39 pm

actonye wrote:

man my advise to you would be to talk to your solicitor again, because they are actually not sure what to do when it comes to immigration law. I was in the same boat as you, i had a gap of a few weeks in my stamp in the last year prior to my application, because my embassy could not provide new passports and mine had expired. I went to the GNIB and they told me it was alright and signed me on their computer system. However even after explaining all of this in a letter with my initial application, i was rejected, or at least my application was after 10 months of waiting, because of the break in my stamps. so i would advise that you check again with you solicitors and ensure that somehow you are not kept waiting to hear bad news later. just my opinion.

Thanks for your advice. My solicitor knows all about the gaps because he get for me permanent residence stamp during that gap occured. I did ask him but she said that according to eu regulations you are eufam4 with permanent residence. so there is no problem with the gap. She said that she did explain in her covering letter with naturalization application and quote some eu court references as well. so hope will get some better result.

rlow68

Post by rlow68 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:02 pm

dublin08 wrote:
actonye wrote:

Thanks for your advice. My solicitor knows all about the gaps because he get for me permanent residence stamp during that gap occured. I did ask him but she said that according to eu regulations you are eufam4 with permanent residence. so there is no problem with the gap. She said that she did explain in her covering letter with naturalization application and quote some eu court references as well. so hope will get some better result.
It seems you dont like been given an honest advice, your lawyer is wrong, put your information on Residence Checker which is on Justice.ie page, to get the actual and factual confirmation, dont rely on your lawyer, most of them are not current, this is a thing you can check yourself free on the site, the other advisers were only trying to save you time and 175 euros or is your lawyer going to pay the 175 euro for you if your application is rejected?

dublin08
Newly Registered

Post by dublin08 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:55 pm

Thanks mate for your advice again. Brophy solicitors are processing my application. I did ask about the residency checker and insisted on that but they ask that according to eu law and give some court judgements references that by law gaps in your case no problem. I raise the issue of gaps but they said dont worry in your case you are coverd by law.
I was the same idea as yours. but now see what happen. Anyway I got confirmation letter from initial processing team. Thanks