ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Croydon PEO ILR - >90 days single absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

primaryracer
Newly Registered

Post by primaryracer » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:50 am

Dear Girish
Thank you again for extremely valuable information.

This is the confusion, was the case worker checking > 90 stay for main
applicant or dependent. My documents are quite straight forward. I have completed my five years lawfully and never been out of UK for more than 90 days in a row as well as total absence rule.

I am also tense like your friend; I’ll be grateful if you could ask her and share her experience.

My wife did join me in Nov 2012 and I do have the cohabitation proof. I have tenancy agreement, NHS Card and Joint account bank statement.
She was absent in 2011 for month for work reason. She is doctor and couldn’t work in UK until she passes her Plab exam. Therefore she decided to go back to India to work. Then she return and we have been livening together again I have all the relevant docs.

Best wishes and Good luck with your case

girish1428

Post by girish1428 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:15 pm

Hi Primary racer...

sorry for the delay. The following are the comments from my colleague:

"This is what I understood from the Solicitor and perhaps UKBA too –

1. What does the cohabitation rule for ILR say ?

2 years stay in UK in the 5 year period, with sufficient proof that you have been staying with the main applicant.
I suppose this 2 years can be any period within 5 years.

2. What was your case regarding cohabitation ?

I was in UK for 2 years from 2007-2009 and then in Zurich for 2 years 2009-2011, and then back in UK from 2011-2012.

3. What documents did you provide to support the cohabitation ?

I provided 3 sets of documents -

2007 -2009 : All supporting documents proving that I was resident in UK (Bank statements, Payslips, letters, rental agreements etc)
2009 -2011 : Proof that I was in regular contact with my husband (flights to UK, call logs, communication mails etc)
2011-2012 : All supporting documents proving that I am resident in UK (Marriage Certificate, Bank statements, Payslips, letters, rental agreements etc)"

girish1428

Post by girish1428 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:04 pm

The golden moment occurred a few minutes ago !! I just received a call from UKBA saying that my ILR has been granted !! I can't explain how happy I am esp. due to the fact that my case had 50-50 chances. I got a lot of help from this forum esp. in finding out what docs are required for ILR. However, I have been using the forum more after submitting the application. This is the best UK visa forum according to me

Thanks very much...

ramay

Post by ramay » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:30 pm

girish1428 wrote:The golden moment occurred a few minutes ago !! I just received a call from UKBA saying that my ILR has been granted !! I can't explain how happy I am esp. due to the fact that my case had 50-50 chances. I got a lot of help from this forum esp. in finding out what docs are required for ILR. However, I have been using the forum more after submitting the application. This is the best UK visa forum according to me

Thanks very much...
Congrats girish!!!see I have told you that you are the next one.It has happened..
they go in reverse..

girish1428

Post by girish1428 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:11 pm

Many thanks Ramay and yes, you were right :)

tier1general2009
Newly Registered

Post by tier1general2009 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:09 pm

Congrats Girish on your ILR :)

If you dont mind, can you share the employer letter that you have produced please? I hope that has all the information that the caseworker asked for in your initial appointment day.

It would help many ppl in the forum like me who is the same boat as you.

Many many thanks.

girish1428

Post by girish1428 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi Tier1general2009...

To be honest, the employer letter must have been of very very less use. My previous company HR refused to provide a letter answering the 4 questions asked by UKBA which are also mentioned in my first post on page 1. All they gave me is a very generic letter. I have provided the letter in this post on page 1 dated Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:17 pm (UK time). I wrote a detailed 3.5 page (A4 size) letter explaining my situation.
I stressed upon the fact that I had to serve notice period of 51 days. And If we remove those 51 days from the 120 days I was absent from UK in 1 go, we are left with 69 days and hance I was actually out for 69 days in 1 go. To prove the serving of the notice period, I provided the following:

1. Original offer letter which mentions that one has to serve a notice period of 2 months after submitting the resignation letter.
2. Service letter mentioning last day in my previous company.
3. Relieving letter mentioning the date when I submitted my resignation letter.

I also provided them the printout of the email conversation between me and the HR of my previous company where they refused to provide a specific letter and the salary slips (UK and India) of my previous Employer.