ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Error on page 7 of Set(o) Form version 07/12,any one notice?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stoorrey

Error on page 7 of Set(o) Form version 07/12,any one notice?

Post by stoorrey » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:23 pm

On SET (O) form version 07/12 if you look at the top right hand corner of Page 7, you will see version 04/12 instead of version 07/12, though on the bottom of the page its correct as version 07/12.
I was just wondering whether it will make a problem if I apply for my ILR on this form. Shall send my form using this version or wait until they correct this error.
Your help is much appreciated.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf
Last edited by stoorrey on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emini34

Re: Error on page 7 of Set(o) Form version 07/12,any one not

Post by emini34 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:20 pm

stoorrey wrote:On SET (O) form version 07/12 if you look at the top right hand corner you will see version 04/12 instead of version 07/12, though on the bottom of the page its correct as version 07/12.
I was just wondering whether it will make a problem if I apply for my ILR on this form. Shall send my form using this version or wait until they correct this error.
are you sure of what you are saying. i just looked at the link you posted. i couldn't see anywhere on the first page where 04/12 is written. can you clarify

stoorrey

Re: Error on page 7 of Set(o) Form version 07/12,any one not

Post by stoorrey » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:30 pm

emini34 wrote:
stoorrey wrote:On SET (O) form version 07/12 if you look at the top right hand corner you will see version 04/12 instead of version 07/12, though on the bottom of the page its correct as version 07/12.
are you sure of what you are saying. i just looked at the link you posted. i couldn't see anywhere on the first page where 04/12 is written. can you clarify
sorry look at page 7

panther80
inactive

Post by panther80 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:45 pm

you are correct but I think it shouldn't be a problem as everyone is using the same form and it looks like a genuine typing error. Unless, someone directs UKBA to this mistake and they publish a new form on the website, you shouldn't worry.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:25 am

I have a copy I downloaded on 23/8/12, and the top right corner on page 7 is 07/2012. However, if I access the same from UKBA website by following links there, the same appears as 04/2012. I will now need to check if anything has been added/removed via back door
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:50 am

Too much surprised.
I had a copy of Set O form that was downloaded on 11/08/2012 and on that form page 7 is ok version 07/2012. But just now looked the UKBA site http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf
Where it says on page 7 right top corner version 04/2012.

I thaink we should check the form previous night of sumission date.
Thanks

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:19 am

Hi Everyone
So whats shall we do, shall we apply on this form or wait until they rectify the error?

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:12 am

Yes we should apply using latest form and CW will check this (whether this is the latest version) at the beginning.
stoorrey I think this is OK because if you see at the bottom of page 7 it addressed the page correct
SET(O) Application form (Version 07/2012) - Page 7

wiqram

Post by wiqram » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:18 pm

arifahmmed wrote:Yes we should apply using latest form and CW will check this (whether this is the latest version) at the beginning.
stoorrey I think this is OK because if you see at the bottom of page 7 it addressed the page correct
SET(O) Application form (Version 07/2012) - Page 7

that is strange. i have an appointment tomorrow and they decide to change the form and introduce an error to it!!!

anyways, i compared the two forms that i had and i cannot see any change in all the 50 pages other than that mentioned in this topic - i.e. page 7.

for safety, i have taken a print out of this form as well which i am not going to use unless told to do so by the CW tomorrow

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:03 pm

No worries. you will be fine.

emini34

Post by emini34 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:51 pm

stoorrey wrote:Hi Everyone
So whats shall we do, shall we apply on this form or wait until they rectify the error?
i think it is just a minor error and anyone that use the form will be fine. like arifahmmed i just checked the form i downloaded before now and realised the date is correct. my appointment is next week and i filled the form sometime ago. i will not scrap what i filled.

wiqram, pls share your experience with us tommorow for us to know if CW pick this up.

i sent email to UKBA today to notify them of the error. i know they don't normally respond to email but they will definately get the email i sent to them.

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:11 pm

Hi all,

I have contacted ukba and asked them to fix the form. In reply email, I was told that concerned team has been informed and they will be working on fixing the form , no ETA Yet.

Regards,
Tipu

lookingforhelp
Newly Registered

Reference or any updates on results of this since applicatio

Post by lookingforhelp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:38 pm

Hi All - unlike you I didnt notice the date difference on page7, I applied in Oct and have just had my application returned with a note saying i used an outdated form (which I didnt the 07/2007 version reference is on the bottom of every page). Just wondering if anyone else experienced this and what action you have taken. It looks like my only option is to apply again using the latest form (12/2013) but I am very worried of rejection now since my visa is of course expired (since there's only a 28 day window in which we can apply).

Please can anyone let me know what has happened to them if you have reapplied and/or any reference number from the replies some of you recieved from the home office saying they were looking into it? They have claimed i have "no evidence" of the error which is upsetting as it makes me believe they will reject my next application due to expired visa...so sad and upset...any help much appreciated.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: Reference or any updates on results of this since applic

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:07 pm

lookingforhelp wrote:Hi All - unlike you I didnt notice the date difference on page7, I applied in Oct and have just had my application returned with a note saying i used an outdated form (which I didnt the 07/2007 version reference is on the bottom of every page). Just wondering if anyone else experienced this and what action you have taken. It looks like my only option is to apply again using the latest form (12/2013) but I am very worried of rejection now since my visa is of course expired (since there's only a 28 day window in which we can apply).

Please can anyone let me know what has happened to them if you have reapplied and/or any reference number from the replies some of you recieved from the home office saying they were looking into it? They have claimed i have "no evidence" of the error which is upsetting as it makes me believe they will reject my next application due to expired visa...so sad and upset...any help much appreciated.
Did the letter say what you could or should do next?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

lookingforhelp
Newly Registered

Post by lookingforhelp » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:44 am

It says that I can reapply using a valid form but I'm worried that will get rejected since my visa is of course no longer valid (they already took 3 months to reply and since there's only a 28 day window to apply in the first case of course).

I don't want to be rejected on the basis of their tecical error. Any thoughts, ideas, experiences much appreciated.

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:32 am

What date is given on the decision letter (note I don't mean the date your visa expired, but rather the the UKBA made their decision, which would be on the letter you received)? And how many days have elapsed from that date now?

I can recall a similar post on this forum, where one or two applicants had a similar problem, i.e. their applications were returned as invalid due to the incorrect date mentioned on one or two pages in the form. I don't rememeber who made the posts or exactly when (it was however before Dec 13th 2012), but it would be worth searching this forum, to find those posts and see how they approached the issue to get it resolved.

lookingforhelp
Newly Registered

Post by lookingforhelp » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:10 am

Thanks, I'll have a look now. The letter from uk a is dated jan 7, it was sent recorded delivery and I picked it up fom post office 15 jan( was in Northampton between the dates hence lapse). Trying to move ASAP.