ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Angaro
Newly Registered

eea naturalisation

Post by Angaro » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:02 am

hi all
i am frensh i have been living here since 25 AUG 2006 is start working in 15 OCT 2006 im married i want apply for naturalisation in OCT 2012 i am working as suply teacher not permanent i have p60 and statment of earnings but in OCT 2010 i was in france for 6 month and 9 days cos i was pregnant i came back in UK i didnt work too much cos i am housewife but my hasband has been working i have printied evidence from my email of having looked for work
MY QUISTION IS CAN THE 6 MONTH AND 9 DAYS THATS I WAS A WAY AFFECT MY APPLICATION ?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:37 am

Under EEA regulations, PR is obtained after 5 continuous years of exercising treaty rights. This can be by employment, study or being self-sufficient (living off savings or partner's salary).

Gaps in residence up to 6 months a year OR a single longer (up to 12 months) absence is allowed for important reasons such as giving birth.

So the 6 months, 9 days will not affect your residency. However, the question is whether you have been exercising treaty rights during the time you were in the UK.

Is your husband a EEA national? Then you can rely on his employment.

If not, you will need to provide details on your activities for the 5 years if you want people to assess your eligibility for PR.

PR is required for naturalisation. If PR has not been obtained, the naturalisation application will fail.

May I ask - why a French person would like to become also British? Apart from an emotional aspect, there aren't many practical reasons to apply for it.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:50 am

If she started working in October 2006 and has the P60s to prove it, she was exercising EU treaty rights alright.

Many EEA citizens (like myself) go after the British citizenship. The emotional aspect (this has become my home after all) was quite enough motivation for me.

@Angaro: In any case, I would advice you to apply for documentation certifying permanent residency first (application EEA3 before AN). That is voluntary, but free and an excellent dry-run.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:29 am

It's not clear that the OP has worked continuously from 2006 apart from the 6 months in France. That's why I was asking for more details.

With regards to BC, sometimes people have the (wrong) impression that they need to apply for BC in order for their children / spouse to be eligible so I wanted to clarify that also.

Angaro
Newly Registered

hi all and thak u for reply

Post by Angaro » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:34 am

1 ,if you are a European Economic Area (EEA) national or a Swiss national or the family member of such a person, you will automatically have permanent residence status if you have exercised EEA free-movement rights in the United Kingdom for a continuous five-year period you do not have to apply for leave to remain
A friend of mine from Poland get her naturalisation without EEA3 and without any problem.

2, I came to uk on the 25TH OF AUG 2006
I i have printed evidence of seeking work (from my email )
I passed a job interiew on the 24THE OF SEP 2006
I started working on the 15TH OF OCT 2006

MY QUESTION IS CAN I APPLY BEFORE OCT 2012??
thak you

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: hi all and thak u for reply

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:45 am

Angaro wrote:A friend of mine from Poland get her naturalisation without EEA3 and without any problem.
As I said, EEA3 is completely voluntary, but in my opinion recommendable. If you do it or not is entirely your call, of course. Sure, at this stage EEA3 will slow you down two or three months or so, but it will make things much smoother and risk-free. Why the rush?
Angaro wrote:MY QUESTION IS CAN I APPLY BEFORE OCT 2012??
If you have been a job seeker since Aug/2006 and continuously been in employment since Oct/2006 (excluding a 6.3 months maternity absence), you can apply for BC immediately. However, the application will be much easier from Oct/2012 on (less fuss proving that you exercised EU Treaty rights). Again: why the rush? Its only three weeks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: hi all and thak u for reply

Post by Jambo » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:17 am

Angaro wrote:I started working on the 15TH OF OCT 2006

but also
i came back in UK i didnt work too much cos i am housewife
So what did you do when you came back in April 2011 until now? If you didn't exercise treaty rights, your application will fail.

Angaro
Newly Registered

Post by Angaro » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:37 am

i was working after i came back
i want do it fasts cos there is position of work abroad they going to call me maybe in this month

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:42 am

Angaro wrote:i want do it fasts cos there is position of work abroad they going to call me maybe in this month
With a PR (which you will get before this becomes an issue anyway), you can leave the country without loosing it for up to 2 years. If you want to take up employment outside the UK for longer periods, or even permanently, you should check section 2.3 of form AN again.