ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:21 am

Only 2400 candidates will attend the ceremony,they are slowing down again :(
they suppose to have 4000 in this ceremony , we are delayed at least another ceremony from expected time .Bad sign :x

eskaybee
Newly Registered

2nd Stage of processing?

Post by eskaybee » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:58 am

IQU wrote:citizenship section work 2 way for approvals and ceremony . some people got approval without ceremony dates. once they send all the documents and fee later on they issue ceremony date. second one is some people got approvals and ceremony date together.but they have time to send all the documents and fee. good luck all the applicant
Friends
Apllied: Jan 2012 based on Stamp 4, Five yr reckonable residency.
Today received a letter from Initial Processing team, mentioning that 'Your application has proceeded successfully to the second stage of processing'.
Please advise what this means and how long it may take after going to second stage?

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:10 am

robby1 wrote:Only 2400 candidates will attend the ceremony,they are slowing down again :(
they suppose to have 4000 in this ceremony , we are delayed at least another ceremony from expected time .Bad sign :x
Some extremely lucky people who applied in Jan 2012 got their approval and invitation for Oct ceremony ...people like me who applied in 2011 and have been working from years ...paying heavy tax, PRSI, USC etc etc ... and have no facilites for themselves of their spouse (bcos of stamp 3) will be waiting and waiting and just discussing what...how ...when on such forums (bcos thats all we can do) I swear the day my wife gets her passport I will be out of this place !!! :evil:
Not waiting any more

cleangreen

Post by cleangreen » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:15 am

Called the helpline today. They said more invitation will be going out the end of this week or sometime next week. Keeping my fingers crossed

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:35 am

cleangreen wrote:Called the helpline today. They said more invitation will be going out the end of this week or sometime next week. Keeping my fingers crossed
This gives me some hope...Thanks
Not waiting any more

iloveireland

Post by iloveireland » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:51 am

Guys, I cannot seem to reach the number 06232500. Has it changed? I am trying from last 2 weeks.
I have applied in July 2011. when i called 4 weeks back they said my naturalisation is under process and file is ready to be sent to minister but when I emailed them last week they said that it is still being verified for good characters etc.
Not sure what to expect now.

reetu012

Post by reetu012 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:58 am

Here is an update for my naturalization application:-

Application sent : 18/07/12
Acknowledgement letter recd : 17/08/12
Second letter recd (from Initial processing team) : 20/09/12

It is very surprised me to get letter from Initial processing team informing that my application was successfull at Initial prcoessing stage and now it is moved to 2nd stage and after completing it, my application will be forwarded to Ministers decision for final approval. It is saying six months period, but i hope to at December ceremony, if the 2nd stage finish fast like in 1st stage.

Hope for better.

thanks

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:00 am

iloveireland wrote:Guys, I cannot seem to reach the number 06232500. Has it changed? I am trying from last 2 weeks.
I have applied in July 2011. when i called 4 weeks back they said my naturalisation is under process and file is ready to be sent to minister but when I emailed them last week they said that it is still being verified for good characters etc.
Keep trying the number relentlessly untill you get through (if your are lucky) or else you can wait like me and expect that the approval will come by the end of this week or early next week... (if you are lucky) ...its all a game of luck :D
Not waiting any more

hunjra
Ireland

Post by hunjra » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:09 am

My friend ,had applied in oct- 2011 .irish born son.He called help line today .Laday told we are waiting Garda report .and she told they are working on 15 Oct ceremony now .so how long will taking my friend application to get good news ?
llll

olohimah
Newly Registered

HELPLINE NUMBER

Post by olohimah » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:32 am

cleangreen wrote:Called the helpline today. They said more invitation will be going out the end of this week or sometime next week. Keeping my fingers crossed
Hi cleengreen, thanks the helpline number open 10.00 clock, when do u call them then.

ks2010

Re: HELPLINE NUMBER

Post by ks2010 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:45 am

olohimah wrote:
Hi cleengreen, thanks the helpline number open 10.00 clock, when do u call them then.
To get to the helpline it is a little bit twisted
Before June when you call it was busy all the time and when you get in you are on hold for 20-30 minutes
Now instead of busy line you are directed to voicemail.
If you get to voicemail, disconnect and try until it will start ringing and if you get again to voicemail try and try until someone answer your call (my experience after 2-3 rings)
Last edited by ks2010 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NewIrish

Post by NewIrish » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:11 pm

iloveireland wrote:Guys, I cannot seem to reach the number 06232500. Has it changed? I am trying from last 2 weeks.
to what email you send your email to?

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:17 pm

olohimah
Newly Registered

Re: HELPLINE NUMBER

Post by olohimah » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:23 pm

ks2010 wrote:
olohimah wrote:
To get to the helpline it is a little bit twisted
Before June when you call it was busy all the time and when you get in you are on hold for 20-30 minutes
Now instead of busy line you are directed to voicemail.
If you get to voicemail disconnect and try until it will start ringing and if you get again to voicemail try and try until someone will answer your call (my expereince after 2-3 rings)
Thanks for your reply, i try the phone now it went through they told me more invitation letter coming this week or next week.

samchoopra

Post by samchoopra » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:47 pm

boat is moving hopefully by the end of the year all the backlog will be clear up to dec 2011.
please tell me if the applicant booked holidays and received approval letter so i heared that the G NIB card will be posted also with the fee to the citz depart so its mean the applicant can not travel any more.some people wrote on this forum if the applicant request to the citz dept they can send the
G NIB card back after see it.will this thing can effect the ceremony date?
i mean is this is a good choice not to cancel your holidays and carry on traveling after requesting back the g nib card.
after back from holidays is the applicant obligation to re post his g nib card to the citz department.
.please share your experience.thanks.

ks2010

Post by ks2010 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:04 pm

samchoopra wrote:boat is moving hopefully by the end of the year all the backlog will be clear up to dec 2011.
please tell me if the applicant booked holidays and received approval letter so i heared that the G NIB card will be posted also with the fee to the citz depart so its mean the applicant can not travel any more.some people wrote on this forum if the applicant request to the citz dept they can send the
G NIB card back after see it.will this thing can effect the ceremony date?
i mean is this is a good choice not to cancel your holidays and carry on traveling after requesting back the g nib card.
after back from holidays is the applicant obligation to re post his g nib card to the citz department.
.please share your experience.thanks.
With the letter of INIS, a copy of Garda card and the visa on your passport you will have no issue to get back to Ireland

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:31 pm

samchoopra wrote:
ks2010 wrote:
Ben wrote:
nedret wrote:Any aprovals based on eu spouse.
There is no such category.
I think there is a kind of internal INIS categorisation
Standard:
- Work/Visa permit, Green card
Others:
- Spouse Irish/ EU
- Asylum
- Parent of Irish...

Most of the backlog are for others, the train is moving but very slowley for other category
the EU spouses applications are taking average 24-26 months very slow speed and they are keeping the same speed of processing these applications.
pls share your ideas when the new invitations will start to come after 15 oct ceremony for 13 dec ceremony.
There is no such category as an application "based on spouse of an EU national". Any such person would be applying on the basis of 5 years reckonable residency (unless he qualifies for possible exemption) and, immaterially, married to an EU national.

Anecdotally, today my wife received a letter of invitation to the October 15th ceremony. She applied in August 2011 on the basis of 5 years reckonable residency. I am an EU national.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

olohimah
Newly Registered

invtation for oct 15

Post by olohimah » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:19 am

I GOT MY INVITATION FOR OCT 15 TODAY , THNKS FOR THIS FORUM FOR THE WORD OF ENCOURAGMENT I READ FROM THIS FORUM EVERYTIME. PEOPLE THAT STILL WAITING I HOPE GOD ALMIGHTY WILL ANSWER YOU.THANKSolohimah

blessed_sinner

Re: invtation for oct 15

Post by blessed_sinner » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:30 am

[quote="olohimah"]I GOT MY INVITATION FOR OCT 15 TODAY , THNKS FOR THIS FORUM FOR THE WORD OF ENCOURAGMENT I READ FROM THIS FORUM EVERYTIME. PEOPLE THAT STILL WAITING I HOPE GOD ALMIGHTY WILL ANSWER YOU.THANKSolohimah[/quote]
Congrats. on what basis did you apply and when?

NewIrish

Post by NewIrish » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:34 am

olohimah wrote:I GOT MY INVITATION FOR OCT 15 TODAY , THNKS FOR THIS FORUM FOR THE WORD OF ENCOURAGMENT I READ FROM THIS FORUM EVERYTIME. PEOPLE THAT STILL WAITING I HOPE GOD ALMIGHTY WILL ANSWER YOU.THANKSolohimah

Let me guess

YOU APPLIED IN FEB 2011 BASE ON REFUGEE STATUE , AND YOU GOT YOUR APPROVAL LETTER IN AUGUST 2012 AND TODAY YOU GOT YOUR INVITATION LETTER FOR OCT 15TH 2012.

:lol: :lol:

seraph

Post by seraph » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:16 am

Hi Cleangreen, Did you receive the invitation today for 15 Oct ceremony?

cleangreen

Post by cleangreen » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:27 am

seraph wrote:
Don't know yet :( . I am at work.

nissa

Post by nissa » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:24 pm

[quote="blessed_sinner"][quote="olohimah"]I GOT MY INVITATION FOR OCT 15 TODAY , THNKS FOR THIS FORUM FOR THE WORD OF ENCOURAGMENT I READ FROM THIS FORUM EVERYTIME. PEOPLE THAT STILL WAITING I HOPE GOD ALMIGHTY WILL ANSWER YOU.THANKSolohimah[/quote]
Congrats. on what basis did you apply and when?[/quote]

pls share how many weeks ago u got approval letter and you had submit the photos.thanks

olohimah
Newly Registered

Post by olohimah » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:49 pm

nissa wrote:
blessed_sinner wrote:
olohimah wrote:I GOT MY INVITATION FOR OCT 15 TODAY , THNKS FOR THIS FORUM FOR THE WORD OF ENCOURAGMENT I READ FROM THIS FORUM EVERYTIME. PEOPLE THAT STILL WAITING I HOPE GOD ALMIGHTY WILL ANSWER YOU.THANKSolohimah
Congrats. on what basis did you apply and when?
pls share how many weeks ago u got approval letter and you had submit the photos.thanks

I GOT MY APPROVAL LETTER ON AUGUST 2 2012,AND I SEND MY TRAVEL DOCUMENT AND MY GNIB CARD SAME DAY. AND TODAY I GOT MY INVITATION FOR OCT 15 CEREMONY.

cleangreen

Post by cleangreen » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:30 pm

cleangreen wrote:
seraph wrote:
Don't know yet :( . I am at work.
Got my invitation today for 2 pm. Applied August 2011 based on 5 years residency. Got approval in August 2012.