ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling outside the country close to visa expiry

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aneel_07

Travelling outside the country close to visa expiry

Post by aneel_07 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Are there any time lines which would cause the Immgiration issues if you travel close to visa expiry date.

I am planning to travel out of the country with 45 days ahead of the visa expiry, is that going to be an issue?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:29 pm

Assuming the type of visa allows extension, you should not have a problem even with just a few days.

sunny!!!

Post by sunny!!! » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:12 am

Jambo wrote:Assuming the type of visa allows extension, you should not have a problem even with just a few days.
Dear Jambo,
I am almost in the same boat.
I currently hold Tier 1 General visa, which will be expiring in March 2013. I will be traveling out of the country in February and my return to the UK would be only 6 days before the visa expiry. Additionally, my Mrs. as my dependent would be accompanying me to the UK for the first time.
Could you please outline if the travel date closer to visa expiration poses any risk for readmitting to the country?

Many thanks in advance for your help.