ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Adojay

ILR application

Post by Adojay » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:34 am

HI All,

As I prepare for the PEO appointment, I just want to make sure I am fully covered and ready. Below are my situation;

17 Nov 2007 - HSMP Visa stamped (Initial 2 years)
16th January 2008 - Entered the UK
26th January 2008 - Left UK to bring in family
17th March 2008 - Arrived UK with Family, and haven't left Uk since then
14th December 2009 - Tier 1 Gen Visa stamped (Renewed Visa for another 3 years)

Since I arrived UK within 3 months of my initial HSMP Visa, it means the 28-day rule applies to me. This means the earliest I can apply for ILR is 20th October 2012. However, I managed to get a date for 26th October next month. As advised severally on this forum, I hope I am all clear for the appointment on that day.

Does it matter if I have one of my pay slips missing? However, I do have my P60s for at least the last 2 years, as well as my bank statements to back it up.

Any need to go along with stuff like Marriage Certificates, University Certificates to claim points for those? My gut feeling is that I don't since I have already showed this in the past. (Still have to find out though).

Your thoughts on this will be highly appreciated.

KInd regards,

Adojay
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

- Vince Lombardi

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:30 pm

Hi All,

Not sure why I am not getting any response on my previous posting despite so many views. Could it be I am doing something wrong on this forum? Please let me know and I would be very happy to make it right.

Kind regards,

Adojay

- Vince Lombardi

mziyabo
Newly Registered
Yemen

You should be ok

Post by mziyabo » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:46 pm

I am not an expert. However from what I see you should be fine. As long as you didn't exceed 90 days out of the country at one go without reason, you will be fine.

A lot of people get tripped up on absences from the UK. However this site provides most answers to your questions. Just read and you will find similar stories to yours.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:01 pm

Searching for information already available will help you find answers to your queries sooner.

FAQs for ILR - WP/Tier 2/HSMP/Tier 1 - Read before posting
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

nmm

Post by nmm » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Your situation is quite similar to me.

I too entered the UK after 49 days of EC. My Tier-1(G) is valid untill 5 Nov and I have booked the appointment on 18 Oct.

I think we don't need to show Marriage certificate etc but we need to bring bunch of cohabitation docs. Same is the case with Degrees, but what harm if we bring all docs with us, so I am planning to bring a separate file that will not be presented to case worker but with me if needed.

If one payslip is missing you can ask your employer to provide a letter that show the salary transferred to your account. I think that will solve the purpose.

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:17 pm

Thanks for your response.

I will go with as much docs as possible on the day.

As regards getting employer to provide a letter to show salary with the missing payslip was paid directly to my bank account, I am now 3 months into a new job, and as a result not sure if my past employer would be willing to do that. However, I am not overly concerned about that as I have all my past P60s, and more so it is very evident from all the narration of my salaries in my bank account that the payment could only have come from that source. Fingers crossed, it should be fine.

Thanks once again for your contribution.

Kind regards

Adojay

- Vince Lombardi

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:34 am

Adojay: It is best to get a letter for missing pay slip from your employer but do not worry you can proof this easy by your BEFORE and AFTER missing pay slip (say if March is missing then Feb and April will show the contineous income). Pay slip has in formations earnings year to date and taxable income ampunt. Also your bank cauld provide you missing statements.

Thanks

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:38 pm

If you are meeting the points criteria for previous earnings with the 11 payslips then there is no need to replace the missing one. You only need to show enough income to cross the threshold (that depends on individual circumstances).
Adojay wrote:Thanks for your response.

I will go with as much docs as possible on the day.

As regards getting employer to provide a letter to show salary with the missing payslip was paid directly to my bank account, I am now 3 months into a new job, and as a result not sure if my past employer would be willing to do that. However, I am not overly concerned about that as I have all my past P60s, and more so it is very evident from all the narration of my salaries in my bank account that the payment could only have come from that source. Fingers crossed, it should be fine.

Thanks once again for your contribution.

Kind regards

Adojay
Regards,
crowbar6

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:59 pm

Absolutely spot on there, Crowbar. 11 payslips still qualifies me so no need to worry about getting letters for the missing one.

Thanks

Kind regards,

Adojay

- Vince Lombardi