ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Year ILR Gap peroid

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tikejhya

10 Year ILR Gap peroid

Post by tikejhya » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:46 am

Hi all,

I have a query and if experts/experienced could help me understand this bit i would be greatful.

During my long stay, i have a little gap. I will complete my 10 years in UK end of next year, but i have a little problem to understand if i do qualify or not.

Traveled back home: August 18th 2012
Entry Clarence Application Made : August 22nd 2012
Previously held Visa expired: August 23rd 2012
New Visa granted: September 7th 2012 (Gap between visa expiry and new visa 14 calendar days, 9 working days )
Traveled back UK (as dependent) : 16th of September.

Do i qualify for continuous lawful residence?

Regards
Tikejhya

UKBA guideline says:

Time spent outside the UK
Continuous lawful residence is not broken if the applicant has a gap of leave outside the UK of less than six months. For example, applicants who leave the UK before their valid leave expires and obtain fresh entry clearance and re-enter the UK do not break continuous lawful residence, providing the absence from the UK is less than six months. See example 1 below.
Continuous lawful residence is broken if the applicant:
· has a gap of leave of six months or more, or
· departs the UK after their valid leave has expired.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:21 am

You should be ok.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.